View Full Version : Technical feedback for FW 150.87 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012
Philips - Benedickte
04-30-2013, 09:03 AM
The new FW is now live. This thread is for technical feedback only. For other discussions please post in the discussion thread. http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?12106-Experience-thread-FW-v150-87-for-6-7-8-9xx7-Series-2012&p=56278#post56278
(http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10721-Experience-Thread-FW-150-83-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=51667#post51667)Note: All posts need to be approved in this thread, meaning it will not be visable before this is done. No need to repost if not come live.
Important: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.
· Solution for Cablenetwork ESR Sion in Switzerland.
· Solution for picture moves 5 pixel right when in PC/Game mode.
· Solution for Video corruption every 10-20 sec on VHS device.
· Solution for installation issue on Czech UPC cable.
Please use the following template in this thread.
Off topic posts regarding the firmware will be moved to the discussion thread (linked over).
TV Model: ? (please fill in)
Previous Firmware: ? (please fill in)
TV Model: ? 6907
Previous Firmware: ? 150.85
+ more than 8 months for the 5 pixel scale on computer mode.
- tiny crackling sound
- slow menu
- HDNM is unusable (worst with maximum settings)
05-01-2013, 04:03 PM
TV Model: 6007
Previous Firmware: 150.85
+ I don t see
- HDMN still not working correct (artifacts and roblem with speed)
- menu it s slowly and crashing
- sometimes tv restarting
05-02-2013, 05:24 AM
TV Model : 7007
Previous Firmware : 150.85
+ 5 Pixel scale on computer mode .
There is a bug with Perfect Natural Motion when enabling it no matter what option - minimum,medium,max, + Clear LCD + 3D mode no matter which one of the 3D, 2D to 3D or any other, after choosing the Natural Motion still works, but after going back to 2D the Natural Motion is disabled even if it still select enabled -minimum-medium-maximum one of them doesn't matter which. To reactivate you need to select Game Mode or Computer mode and then Disable it, then it works.
Why making 3D canceling the Perfect Motion when going back to 2D ?
Why to make Perfect Motion enabled again we need to select Game mode or Computer mode and then disable ?
Can you fix this in the new firmware ? I can replicate it every time .
Another problem with Perfect Natural Motion when it is enabled, Movies have judder,lag,slow motion and some artefact ghosting. the only fix is to enable Game Mode or Computer , but I didn't bought this tv not to use the Perfect Motion as it gives another view and better quality to the movies. 720p and 1080p.
05-05-2013, 06:01 PM
TV Model : 7007T
Previous Firmware : 150.85
+ Nice tv set with a lot of connection possibilities and OK picture quality
- Software needs a lot of adjustments, fixing before it should have been release.
Anybody have Standby Recording of TV programs working???!
I just updated to the firmware v150-87 yesterday evening in hope for this to be fixed.
If I add fx 4 recording events to happen in the future using the EPG guide and then put the tv in standby mode the following is happening.
When I wake up the tv where it should have recorded the first program I see the following:
The first program is sometimes recorded. Sometimes _NOT_ recorded. And sometimes recorded but failed. Under recordings it says broken.
Then if I check the list for the next events (recordings) to happen in the future I notice that these events are gone!!!
So somehow the TV is clearing the future events...
I have just attached a brand new MEDION 1000GB 2,5" External Harddrive (P82750 (MD 90159)) device and offcourse initialized the HD using the TV so that is ready for recording.
Im pretty frustrated about this BASIC functionality not working! Is it just me?
TV is a 46" 7007T newly bought
05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
TV model; 47PFL6007
PLEASE, try to make the software a little more fast.
05-17-2013, 01:42 PM
TV Model: 46PFL8007
Previous Firmware: v150.85
Positive: i don't see difference with v150.85
Negative: already existing issues with v150.85
- Smart TV : impossible to register online on the TV itself. The process ask to follow the instructions in the email received and to finish the registration online on the TV itself but it does not work : SmartTV systematicaly says something is missing in the process and proposes to do it later.
- Smart TV : Internet browsing and navigation inside a web page is horribly low. Very often, i lose the pointer during 1 minute as if the CPU was totally overcrowded.
- Source choice : when i change the type of device associated with a HDMI port (let say BluRayPlayer type associated to HDMI1 for example), my choice is systematicaly changed by the TV to another type (changed in DVDPlayer in my example - another case : HD digital receiver changed in Digital receiver).
- TV button on the remote controler : does not work. I'm using a source (let say HDMI1 for example) and want to go back to TV source by using this button on the remote controler, it does not work.
- HBBTV : does not work with French broadcaster "ArteHD" (channel 7), but works well with "Arte" (same broadcaster but SD, channel 57).
- (Internet) EPG : When i choose a program in the EPG and try to use the feature "Watch now" it does not work.
- (New) Audio sync : i was not sure it was an isolated issue or not, but i have an audio sync problem when i watch a TV program : audio and image are not sync whatever i use internal TV speaker or external speaker (optical out to a 5.1 amp). I tried to change audio delay in the configuration sound menu but with no effect.
05-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Tv model: 46pfl9707
Specific feedback with respect to "rapid start" function. I have "rapid start" enabled in automatic mode.
Positive: rapid start option gives images directly when turning on tv.
Negative: hts9221 linked with Easylink by means of "TV Speaker automatic on function". Hts remains permanently on while TV is in suspended sleep mode for automatic switch on. Hts only switches off when The TV decides to go from suspended state into "real" off state.
In my opinion hts9221 should power down when tv is turned of even when "rapid start" is activated. I find the small switch from tv speaker to hts speakers when the tv is switched back on less anoying than the fact that hts remains on while tv is turned of in "sleep mode".
When Rapidstart has been enabled once, disabling it from the menu will not stop the Rapidstart function. A complete factory reset is necessary in order to stop the television from Rapid starting.
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
TV Model: 47PFL6877H12
Previous Firmware: 150.082
+ 21 HDMI1 entries gone after TV reinstall
- Cannot access files on network. I could view my photos/videos. Not anymore
05-24-2013, 08:01 AM
TV model: PFL6007 series
Previous firmware: .85
@Eric-jan: I had simular problems with .87 firmware. I couldnt acces my NAS anymore. (with .85FW it was working). Philips supportcenter recomended me to buy another router. They told me that the Philips TV's have a lot of problems with Cisco/Linksys router. I bought a TP-LINK and now my TV recognize the NAS again.
Seems like ll works, but............
Still my TV is crashing from time to time and the menu navigation is too much slowly.
Philips - Ina
07-17-2013, 03:32 PM
The new firmware version 150.88 will be availble in the coming days.
For details and changelog see here:
Please be aware that due to our global IT structure, there might be a delay in the uploading/synchronising of new SW releases.
Please do continue to use this thread until you have upgraded to version 150.88. This thread will not close until the firmware is live on all local support pages.
Philips - Ina
07-23-2013, 12:22 PM
The new FW 150.88 is now live on all local support pages.
This thread is now closed. Please use the threads for the new FW here: