- WLAN module without WPS
- sometimes slowly reactions
- boot process takes to long
- reading time of BDs and DVDs are to long

Toengel@Alex

DellUser
03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Toengel,

The list of positive point is much bigger.

+ Exzellente, über alle Maßen stabile 2D und 3D Signalausgabe (excellent 2D & 3D signals)
+ Sehr authentische Farben und praktisch perfekter Weißpunkt (natural colours and perfect white balans)
+ Hervorragende Upconversion von 576i Signalen auf 1080p (perfect 576i to 1080p conversion)
+ Umfangreiche und sinnvolle multimediale Ausstattung (extented and usefull multimedia offering)
+ Fürs Gebotene fairer Kaufpres (fair price!)

And they are very enthousiast about Net TV.

Toengel
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi,

yeah - i summarized that as "state of the art" :)

Toengel@Alex

Paulo Roberto Elias
04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Sadly, I can't read German, but I am willing to comment on the negative points mentioned by the reviewer.

Last year, I was looking forward to purchase the 9600. I phoned Philips about the player's release, and the sales support that it woulg on sale in the beginning of 2011. It didn't. But the 8000 turned up a in few stores, and I decided to get it.

Reading these negative points now I wholeheartedly agree with the criticism on the remote: it is cute but clumsy.

I am also surprised to see that the 9600 is a slow reader, whereas the 8000 is the other way around.

On the other hand responsiveness on the 8000 fluctuates from fast to mediocre. Sometimes I have to press the Stop button twice to get a disc interrupt playing. It appears that the 9600 is more or less in the same direction.

WLAN without WPS is not a big deal, since one can always input the passphrase manually.

It is a pity that my German is very poor. I would be interest to know if the QDeo processor is really superior to the CinemaPerfect HD chipset. Most Blu-Ray players that I have seen so far, including the Oppo, which is regarded as a reference, will perform a BD-V playback that is hard to distinguish one from another. Most of the pictures qualities will be due to a competent monitor or TV anyway.