PDA

View Full Version : development v. improvement: 2012-2013 TV's

DadGommit
05-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Hello Philips,

I assume most of us have seen the official reply/story on HDNM from last december by now. It's a clear explanation about what brings about judder etc. and it also clearly states PHILIPS doesn't aknowledge any faulty behaviour of PHILIPS PNM/HDNM on 2012 models. However, that is still just PHILIPS' consideration about if the 2012 end products meet the design specification. What I fail to understand is if this is in line with PHILIPS thoughts are about what customers want.

Before my current 46PFL8007 I have owned 42pfl9603 and 47PFL9703. Aside from a little ghosting, I never noticed much disturbing image processing problems whith those former ones. Taking those TV's as a base, I'm trying to understand what PHILIPS' considers to be image development/performance improvement. In other words, I wonder at which point the introduction of the motion issues in the compromise of overal performance has been accepted. This MUST have happened because I simply do NOT BELIEVE that developers of the new TV's have not seen them while watching/testing there newer creations.

The leaflet of my 46PFL8007 boasts "800Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) for superb motion sharpness". However, my 6 year old 47PFL9703, though be it at only 100 HZ outperformes this TV on this point. What went wrong here PHILIPS? Or have clarity, sharpness, blacklevels, detail etc. simply become more important aspects in picture quality then motion over the years? In my opinion, and concluding from most posts on the 2012 TV forums being about it as well, the motion stability/sharpness still SHOULD have had a higher priority.

Finally, PHILIPS, can you tell if motion handling has improved on 2013-models? Or are these TV's similar to 2012 models as far as image quality concerns?? Thanks for another clear statement/answer in advance!

Regards.

NaC
05-08-2013, 04:29 AM
If it is true, and old TV models have no artifacts with Natural Motion, then Philips must give an explanation. I have not seen older Philips tv's, however heard so many people saying the same thing.
Philips, can you please response. We really want to know what is wrong.
Thanks

jeik
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
I would like also an explanation on these questions .

lbanias
06-30-2013, 09:29 PM
I wonder why the power of dual core processor is not enough to make motion smoother and clearer. Because it seems that this is only used for picture processing, since the menu/smartTV operation of the TV is too slow for such a CPU. Is there any proof that there's a dual-core on-board ?

jeik
07-01-2013, 11:57 AM
I wonder why the power of dual core processor is not enough to make motion smoother and clearer. Because it seems that this is only used for picture processing, since the menu/smartTV operation of the TV is too slow for such a CPU. Is there any proof that there's a dual-core on-board ?

It's so frustrating to receive always the same answer from
philips .... ''our models are equal better than the other brands'' , and ''they checked the picture and find it perfect'' .

MY QUESTION IS ''PHILIPS WHY YOUR MODELS ARE 130% MORE EXPENCIVE THAN THE OTHER BRANDS ?

I could by an LG with pretty less money with the same picture and fast menu , what is make sence ? to have a Philips branded TV ? and so ? what ?

jeik
07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
And please stop always to ask what is our model and which is the software , you know exactly what is the problem ......but literally there is no real solution.
If the fact that the older models don't have these Natural Motion problems is true ......makes me more upset !!!

DadGommit
07-01-2013, 12:23 PM

Good question...

Philips, I do believe there actually is a dual-core on board in my PFL8007 ;) but which feature/aspect does really show the difference with TV's that don't have one? It's not in the menu speed, not in the picture processing speed (or at least it seems it still can't keep up), not in the smartTV section (apps are that slow that I don't use them). What is the extra processor capactity used for?

lbanias
07-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I have an Android Google TV stick connected to HDMI that is 1.2 GHz dual-core and navigating is a pleasure and it rarely lags on certain application that really need CPU power. The Philips Smart TV is nowhere near half smooth like this. Why do I have to find alternatives for a 2000 Euro unit ?

Off-topic - if even the Philips Support forum is too slow/buggy , what to expect more ? I tried to reply with quote unlogged and it refused my login&password after typing the reply. Then I logged in with the right side login&password fields and with the same password it was OK , but it takes me on the home page instead remaining at the current topic !

Is it such a secret to reveal some technical details about this TV ? Some of us are engineers and proper feedback will maybe help developer to solve problems .