PDA

View Full Version : SHB 9100 sound quality problem

Kriscka
06-01-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm french so sorry if I make mistakes.

Hi, so I just bought the SHB 9100 headset to replace my previous one (SHB 9001) which was pretty cool, the bass depth was insane and the sound quality was globaly really good !
So bought it today, plugged it to load the battery, then linked it to my smartphone (Wiko Cink Peax), everything went perfectly fine until I begin listening to music.

The sound quality is AWFUL ! It's so bad I could have bought a 10€ headset and expect the same quality of sound ! I read on the net that it may depend of the bluetooth version of the phone, but mine's version is 4.0 so it's technicaly supposed to work just fine. Also I tried witht the cable and it doesn't change anything, sound's still awful.

I'm so mad ! Plus I told myself maybe the FullSound technology that's supposed to give life to music as they say is unabled. So I checked it out in the manual and did the manipulation (Previous + Play for 4 seconds until you hear an in/decreasing sound) and tried it but nothing happened, not even a sound. I tried with Next instead of Previous but still nothing. I also tried the Reboot manipultion, still nothing.

I'm not sure if I can even expect something better for that piece of cr...p but still if you have clue, a solution maybe, I'd appreciate ! Thanks

Faust
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM
hi Kriscka, this is very strange, i think the overall feedback on this headset is quite positive, so maybe this will be more likely a faulty unit. do you still have a receipt so you can go and have it exchanged for a new set?

Kriscka
06-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks for answering ! I hope it's only this one heaset that has a problem, and yes I still got the receipt (would be quite dumb to throw it away lol), I'm gonna go on saturday so it can be exchanged, and try it out directly at the store so I don't have to wait for another week in case it's still not working...

Faust
06-07-2013, 08:39 AM
hi Kriscka, yes, good move. let us know here if you had a better luck this time :)

Guirec
07-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Kriscka, can you tell us if the new headset solved your problem with the sound quality ? I also plan to buy either the 9100 or 7000, but I've read other people complaining about quality decreasing between 9001 and 9100 versions.

And you can reply in French, I'm from Brittany.

Thanks.

Thanks for answering ! I hope it's only this one heaset that has a problem, and yes I still got the receipt (would be quite dumb to throw it away lol), I'm gonna go on saturday so it can be exchanged, and try it out directly at the store so I don't have to wait for another week in case it's still not working...

Guirec
07-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Juste pour information, il semble que le signal émis par la source change grandement la qualité du son retransmis par le casque, voir ici : http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/VideoSon/Materiel/philips-shb-9100-sujet_135855_1.htm

For information, this sound quality issue may be caused by the source used for the music. Depending on the version of Bluetooth (and equalizer settings), sound quality of the headset may change a lot : http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/VideoSon/Materiel/philips-shb-9100-sujet_135855_1.htm (for french-speaking people).