PDA

View Full Version : Frozen in "MTP charging" mode

stew1953
06-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Hello.....I have a GoGear Ariaz 8gb player. I have some songs on it, and was adding more, using Winamp software, which had been fine previously. A few songs were added OK, then I kept getting the same error message on Winamp " device could not build folder etc" . The player is stuck in MTP mode and says "chargoing", but the battery bar at the top is not showing any signs of movement. I tried to reset it with a paper clip......no joy. I tried pressing the off button and volume+ button together.....no joy. So, it won't even turn off.

My PC regonised it , but had a yellow triangle beside it in XP windows manager. So I uninstalled it. I restarted my PC, then atteched the player again, and says its found the player and its installing it. After quite a while it says to reboot the PC. I do this, and then it loks for it again, as though it is a new device. It NEVER goes off from the frozen "MTP charging" screen

Please help!

Stew

William Wallace
06-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi Stew,

have you tried repairing it using Songbird? You have not given us your model number but this link might be helpful: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=SA3ARA08K/97&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0089731&scy=SA&slg=AEN&view=aa12_view_partial.html

Step 3). Remember it will erase all content form your device though!

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
WW