PDA

View Full Version : Headphones SHD8900 - broken volume control

Lasa
06-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi there,

As a result of "very smart handling" I have broken the volume control on SHD8900 headphones. As this is no issue for service I would like to disassemble the headphones by myself to check whether or not there is a way how to fix this. I am looking for some 'service manual' which could show me the way how to disassemble these headphones.
Could you please help me and send me a link where I can download such a manual?

Thank you very much...

Philips - Tereza
06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Dear Lasa,

we would recommend you to take the headset to your local authorized repair service. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with the service manual.

Should you need contact details for your local repair service, please let me know your location and I will find out for you.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

Lasa
06-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Thank you for your reply Tereza.

I have no problem to find a service here. I already visited www.twis.sk on site and got the answer that "there are no spare parts for volume control at SHD8900 and therefore the damage can't be repaired".

What's broken?
Something is broken inside the phones because the volume control doesn't 'click' any more.

I do understand that "service manual" isn't a public document. Could you just please provide me with some picture showing how to get inside the ear pad?

If this won’t be possible than just confirm please. Thank you very much.

Philips - Tereza
06-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Dear Lasa,

I am afraid this is really not possible. Also, if the service centre is not able to repair the device then even if you get inside you will not be able to fix it yourself.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team