PDA

View Full Version : [Wish] Add an option to stop playing the next file automatically

Toengel
03-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi,

today I got another wish and I'd like to hear your feedback.

Situation

If one has a folder on USB drive with image/videos the next file is automatically displayed (images, display time is changeable) or played (video, next file will be played after the previous ended).

However, it is sometimes very bad that the next video file is played automatically. Following scenario: you show your kids a cartoon. When it is finished the player begins to play the next file. What do you think, if it is a war movie?

Wish

Please, add an option in the option menu to stop automatically playing the next file. For example:
* Auto Next File (entry in option menu)
** On (sub menu entry)
** Off (sub menu entry)

Feedback

What do you think about it?

Toengel@Alex

Adamo
03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Nice feature, I totally agree!

Adamo

smart
03-28-2011, 12:33 PM
I like the playing file after each other feature.

Background:
I copy DVDs to my MediaServer which provides them to the Philips TV. No I do not have the option to jump to specific chapters. Also the fast forward feature of the TV makes it very difficult to jump in the video for let's say an hour forward. So I keep the DVD divided in chapters, each chapter one file and copy it into a folder.
This way, I can jump to the next chapters by next and it automatically plays me the whole film.

But nothing against an option to switch this setting. Then everybody could use it his way.

But maybe a third or fourth speed available in fast forward instead of only two speeds would also be good.

christopher
03-28-2011, 03:16 PM
good to give me a break in between the movies.
agree. at least i should have control of which movie / file i m gonna play next.