View Full Version : HBBTV not working after upgrade to, 2013-05-22

07-16-2013, 07:08 PM
My 40PFL7007H is connected to Dutch FTTH provider Glashart. Glashart does offer HBBTV on the Dutch channels Nederland 1,2 and 3. I've seen it working.

But after updating it to, 2013-05-22, it's now acting like my old 2010 9 series tv. The red button just activates Net TV, no more overlays over my tv image. (http://hbbtv.distributie.publiekeomroep.nl/nu)

I don't know what the SW version was before I updated, I just pressed update (because, in my opinion, newer is alway better).

Does anyone else have this problem?

Mark - Philips
07-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Please take care:

Hbb-TV can only work if you have a direct digital signal connected to the TV.

So it works on Hbb-TV channels via:

The antenna is directly connected to the TV and a Cam module is installed for the encrypted channels).

For TV’s with Satellite Tuner; The Satellite Dish is directly connected to the TV and a Cam module is installed for encrypted channels.

A cable connection with a Digital signal, offered by the cable company.
The TV is certified for the cable company and a certified Cam module is installed for encrypted channels.
Note: It works only when the cable company forwards the Hbb-TV signal.

So it does not work via the red button of the TV remote, when you are watching via a Settop-Box.

A Settop-Box can be:
- a Satellite Tuner,
- a DVB-T Tuner with antenna,
- an IP-TV tuner from your internet provider,
- a tuner from your cable company.

In that case your TV is used as a monitor, you are watching over the HDMI connection.
Perhaps the remote of the Settop-Box has a red button, you should try that.

Hbb-TV is not present on an analog cable signal.

For Hbb-TV your TV must be an IP-connected Smart TV.
Please press the options button, while watching a TV channel, and check if Hbb-TV is turned ON.

Please take notice of above mentioned restriction before you blame the TV for non-functional Hbb-TV.

07-19-2013, 12:50 PM
In case Hbb-TV is not working; find many of the Hbb-TV websites via Hbbig.com in your internet browser in Smart TV. :)

07-19-2013, 01:40 PM

I don't blame the tv, I blame the software in the tv.

As posted, I had HBBtv working before I upgraded to the latest software.

A nice red dot appeared in the lower right corner of the tv screen, after pushing the red button, the HBBtv page opened instantly, looking like this: http://cl.ly/image/0k3j3S040V3m

After the SW upgrade, it stopped working, as I told in the original post.