PDA

View Full Version : BDP5100 won't play mkv via disc

slumdogs
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi -
Further to my earlier post, could anyone confirm whether the BDP5100 will play mkv files via either BD-R or DVD-R? Philips online chat support function has just told me the following:

Visitor: Hi Frank - what i'm saying is the file plays on the BDP5100 via usb but not when burnt to disc
Frank: the unit plays multimedia applications via usb but it can't read the MKV by disc mate
Visitor: Sorry, are you saying that it only plays mkv via usb?
Frank: yes
Visitor: But that isn't correct - I have managed to get one mkv to play via disc
Frank: what was that mkv file container??
Visitor: same as the others. What I can't understand is why the SAME file will play via usb and not disc? I'm doing nothing to the codec between them, just using two different media (usb vs BD-R or DVD-R)
Frank: as I've already mentioned the unit is not designed to play this via disc...the fact that some played will be due to the similarities and the file type...there is nothing further about this

Oscar
04-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Just replied in the other thread that indeed it should play both on USB and DVD/BD...

Maybe they better close this thread and continue on the other one.........

Philips
04-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Please continue with this topic in http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1336-BDP5100-and-MKV-what-am-I-doing-wrong