PDA

View Full Version : Faulty camera or is the product unreliable?

jloolj
07-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I have posted a question before on recording time but no response from any moderator. I donít know if my camera is faulty or the product is unreliable. I have emailed support but my questions seem not to have been understood and eventually have offered a refund instead of commenting on the cameraís performance. However I would much prefer to have a replacement if I can get a reliable record of events posted to my DropBox.

My camera detects a movement. The product description says that this should trigger a 30 second video. The videos are in fact frequently shorter even when movement continues after the end of the video. I would expect that continuing movement would immediately trigger an other video, but this does not happen.

The videos produced actually starts anything from 7 to 14 seconds before the actual movement event which triggers the recording. Presumably this means that the camera has a small built-in memory constantly monitoring and being overwritten with a short time delay. The time recorded in the video prior to the actual movement event appears to be approximately half of the length of the video.

The big problem with this is that if movement, say someone trying to force enter a door, continues after the first video it is not recorded by a immediately subsequent video.

Does this mean that my camera is faulty? Or is all this a product limitation?

I urgently need to get this resolved prior to fixing the camera in its final position before going on holiday.

Vaga
07-23-2013, 02:51 PM
hi, as far as i know the 30 seconds recording is only an alert and it sort of makes sense. when you get this alert and want to watch what is happening then you have to check the live streaming to see what continues going on... i personally don't think this is a faulty camera, that's just the way it is set up. the 30 seconds long video only alerts you that something is going on, for more details you go to the streaming bit....

Vaga
07-23-2013, 02:56 PM
also, I believe that you can pay for an upgraded account to get a longer recordings. check the upgraded account on your App, it may tell you more...