PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.34.0 for 5000, 6000 and 7000 series (2010 models).

Toengel
04-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi,

please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?730-New-software-v0.140.32.0-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models)&p=1342#post1342): new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

carlosfm
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Ok, I've updated and there's one problem I have, maily since the 32 version of the firmware, that is not solved.
It doesn't happen always, but very often - it just happened again, now with the new firmware.
I have my cable box on HDMI 3, but I also have DVB-T, connected to the building's external antenna, on the roof.
DVB-T reception is excellent, no problems there. I see the transmitter from the window, at less than 5Km distance.

Sometimes I go from the cable box to "Watch TV" (DVB-T), then I change channels back and forth to see what is goin' on.
Suddently the image and sound is lost - back screen.
Then I go to the menu and change to the cable box (HDMI3). The DVB-T channel name stays on screen. (!)
Back to the home menu and "Watch TV". Still no image and sound, back screen.
I browse through the DVB-T channels and no image on any.
The only solution is to power off the TV, using the power switch.

To put this into context, we in Portugal have only one DVB-T mux for now, with only 4 SD channels, in MPEG4.
The channels are SD but with high bitrate (as high as the HD channels on my cable provider), so when I want to watch these channels, I prefer DVB-T to my cable provider.
SD in MPEG4 is not usual (in other countries it's MPEG2), but here in Portugal our DVB-T is only MPEG4.
That's why I'm mentioning this.
I hope there's a solution for this soon.
A few days ago I had to use the power switch too many times to remember.

BTW my TV is a 37PFL7605H/12.

carlosfm
04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh and BTW, I notice that now with this 34 firmware, changing channels on DVB-T is faster.
Both image and sound show up faster.
I don't think Philips is telling everything they do on each firmware, on the release notes.

bta
04-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi

TELETEXT Problem is still present.
see http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1337-TELETEXT-fails-after-NetTV&p=5775&viewfull=1#post5775

regards
bta

rgallo
04-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Hi

My TV is a 32PFL6605H/12. With new firmware, the macroblock problem with laSexta HD is still present.

Philips, why do you have solved this annoying problem for 7605 TV's, but not for my TV?

How many months we must wait to have this problem solved?

Regards.

hopelesshc
04-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Hello everyone:

The macroblocks problem with La Sexta (in Spain) have been solved with the new firmware version. My model is 7605. As I can see in other forums, almost all people with this model have fixed the problem.

I can't say nothing about the intermitent sound problem as it rarely happened to me and it's difficult to make it happen.

Thanks Philips for fixing the macroblocks problem with La Sexta. You have improved the opinion of many people about this tv.

Kind regards

banjeep
04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Hello guys,i from Italy, i updated with the new firmware 0.34, the problems of the audio block have not been resolved,
This firmware release shows more intermittent sound loss that the previous one.incredible.:mad:
I noticed a loss of signal on HD channels,on channel 5 and Italy 1HD sometimes the tv tells me encrypted signal or program not available, channel 5 and Italy 1HD are free

now my tv is almost unusable,where is the old firmware 0.32?

we hope that Philips engineers preparing for the new firmware soon
excuse me for my english
thank

Toengel
04-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi,

with previous firmware releases it helped to reduce the sound issue by switching HARD off the TV... sometimes...

Toengel@Alex

banjeep
04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi,

with previous firmware releases it helped to reduce the sound issue by switching HARD off the TV... sometimes...

Toengel@Alex

hi toengel,i have problem block sound,
can you give me a link for the firmware download 0.32?
please toengel

Toengel
04-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi,

Philips don't offer old firmware files - so always store them by yourself. Also I don't have Q5551 or Q5521 firmwares...

Toengel@Alex

markus
04-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I must sound like a broken record but...

...still intermittend audio drops in Dolby Digital stream sent to AV receiver via HMDI (ARC). No drop outs with PCM streams.
Cable provider: Cablecom Switzerland with CI+ module.
Signal quality was checked by Cablecom. Different and shorter HDMI cables (including <2m HDMI 1.4-certified cables) didn't improve the situation.

Had this issues with every firmware version since buying the 52PFL5605H in 08/2010.

nencak
04-14-2011, 10:46 PM
hello 5405h/12...picture and sound desinhronization when playing content from usb...overall picture quallity is worse than on 140.32...hd natural motion is not working well, people movement is worse than 50Hz approx...the last time hd natural motion worked well is on 76...something FW....does anyone have the same problems???

daL
04-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi carlosfm,
We've got DVB-T and yesterday I first checked with FW v0.140.32.0, afterwards with FW v0.140.34.0:
Exactly same results on both firmwares: ~4 seconds per channel change.
Just to let you know.
Cheers daL

BaYRoLeX
04-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Still intermittend audio drops. More and more. tv is unusable. i m very very sad and angry. will broke my tv. 42PFL7695 FROM TURKEY

Mark74
04-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi, I noticed that with firmware 0.32 and 0.34 the MHP applications are automatically enabled even if I have them disabled. This problem does not occur with previous firmware.
My model is 32PFL5605M/08.

Does anyone know where I could download the firmware Q5553 version 0.25?

Philips will you please resolve this problem.
Thanks

petasis
04-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi carlosfm,
We've got DVB-T and yesterday I first checked with FW v0.140.32.0, afterwards with FW v0.140.34.0:
Just to let you know.
Cheers daL

The zapping time depends on the DVB-T broadcast details, and the time you perform the change.

With the Digea broadcaster in Greece, zapping takes from 1 second (channels on the same frequency) to 3 seconds max. An in cases the time approaches to 3 seconds, the sound usually comes before the image.

In what country do you observe 4 seconds typical zapping time?

banjeep
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Philips don't offer old firmware files - so always store them by yourself. Also I don't have Q5551 or Q5521 firmwares...

Toengel@Alex

ok thanks anyway

ps:I have the audio block problem when I connect to the usb wifi tv philips

Philips
04-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi
My TV is a 32PFL6605H/12. With new firmware, the macroblock problem with laSexta HD is still present.
Philips, why do you have solved this annoying problem for 7605 TV's, but not for my TV?
How many months we must wait to have this problem solved?
Regards.

Dear Rgallo,

In the next "Q5521" software this problem will be tackled. It has our full attention.
Here is some background: This LaSexta macroblock issue was only reported from consumers with so-called "4DDR" models (like the higher series). Only lately, we also get complaints from consumers with "2DDR" models (like your TV). That is the reason why it has not been solved yet for all models.

Tip: Please take care that you always use high quality coax cable (preferably double shielded) with full metal shielded connectors (see example on picture). This to prevent any interference on the antenna signal.

banjeep
04-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Dear Rgallo,

In the next "Q5521" software this problem will be tackled. It has our full attention.
Here is some background: This LaSexta macroblock issue was only reported from consumers with so-called "4DDR" models (like the higher series). Only lately, we also get complaints from consumers with "2DDR" models (like your TV). That is the reason why it has not been solved yet for all models.

Tip: Please take care that you always use high quality coax cable (preferably double shielded) with full metal shielded connectors (see example on picture). This to prevent any interference on the antenna signal.

solve the problem for the country Italy?

JuAn
04-15-2011, 07:51 PM
solve the problem for the country Italy?

Are you watching LaSexta HD channel in Italy?????
That is where this is about......

Franck78
04-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi,

please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?730-New-software-v0.140.32.0-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models)&p=1342#post1342): new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Hello,

32pfl7605h

version 032:
-never saw any macroblocks or some pixelisation
-from time to time when zapping up/down channel, image WITHOUT ANY sound.

version 034:
-much more pixelisation now (compared to 'never'), eg one per hour.
-no sound missing

SUGGESTION

Everybody here will agree that you remote controm usage is a TOTAL FAIL.

Let US build OUR idea of what is a good usage of the remote control.

Make the TV read a setup text file, one time, on usb key, describing the remote usage
with lines like that :

CONTEXT, KEY, ACTION
watching, key-RED, select-hdmi1-entry
watching, key-GREEN, select-tv-entry

LET US reassociate buttons to actions in different context.
Provide an openoffice spreadsheet with all key-names, action and a generate button. Or web page !

Franck

carlosfm
04-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi carlosfm,
Just to let you know.
Cheers daL

Hi daL,

Are you in Portugal?
We have SD channels in MPEG4 , that's why I ask.
In my case, it doesn't take 4 seconds for the image and sound to show up when changing channels, that's an ethernity.
It's more like 2 seconds.

carlosfm
04-15-2011, 11:32 PM

I fully agree!
But... another tip, try to get similar plugs as those, full metal, but fully gold plated.
I buy them at 2 Euros each, it's not expensive.
Because that material in this plugs that Philips has posted is not very conductive, I have Televes metal plugs similar to those and when I changed to full metal, gold plated, the signal strength increased almost 10 points. Same cable, just change plugs. (!!!)
Signal quality stays most of the time at 100% and rarely comes town to 80% minimum.
Also, do NOT use those fancy antenna extention cables with ferrite clamps.
Ferrite attenuates the signal too much in the UHF frequencies, for instance channel 67 as we have our DVB-T is 842Mhz, not too far from 1Ghz.
Ferrite attenuates the signal much sooner than this.
It filters the noise AND the signal. :D
A well shielded cable and good plugs is a must for digital TV (specially DVB-T).
I've been there, done all this.

If the signal quality drops at times to under 50%, you'll get macroblocks and other artifacts.
If this happens, you need to fix your antenna/cable installation.

TrojanBarber
04-15-2011, 11:52 PM
TV: Philips TV 37PFL5405H (upgraded to 000.140.034.000)
Components connected to TV via HDMI:
Philips Blu-ray Player BDP3000
Media Player Mede8er MED500X
Siemens STB-7710
Time tested: ~30 hr
------------------------------------------------------
First 12h of testing, not a single sound dropping. But then everything is back on normal :( sound bug is still here. I had my hopes going that your firmware developers finaly solved this....
My observation is that sound bug now occur as same as before on SD content and less on HD (lets say 3:1).
And final note that it occurs a lot more when TV was ON for longer period of time (ie. more than 12h = more sound loosing/dropping). Switching TV off via on/off button or ac plug does help to reduce sound loosing.
----------------------------------------------------------------
So conclusion is ---> after last 4-5 firmware upgrades, generally sound loosing bug is not solved.
What really annoys me is that your firmware developers are either incompetent or they dont test firmware good enough. Why we (philips costumers) need to beta test your products?

You now dont give me choice... I need to return this TV for replacement (to another brand) and YOU as corporation is loosing money on returns/repairs/lost customers. How this is good business is beyond my comprehension!

pdemo
04-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi,

In France, many customers have problems of macro-blocks and sound lost on multiplex R5 with 3 HD channels (TF1 HD, France 2 HD, M6 HD) in DVB-T

This problem has been present for many months. :(

I connected a TV Sony on the same Coax connector and there is no default. The sensibility of the tuners Sony is very good.

Secondly, with 140.34, there are now macro-blocks on the other channels. Your corrections for Spain do not create trouble in other countries ?

Thanks

37PFL7675H/12 140.34

banjeep
04-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Are you watching LaSexta HD channel in Italy?????
That is where this is about......

no but I have the same problem as the sexsta hd,that is why I quoted.
I have the audio block on Canale 5 and Italia 1 hd.
I remind you that this topic is not just for the hd sexta,is
in changelog this firmware 0.34:

Macro-blocks appear on digital (DVB-T) channels with HD content. (Only applicable to country,
Spain)
I wanted to know if philips solves this problem in Italy

Unfortunately, I have difficulty writing in English,Ciao!!!

Aleks
04-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi. I from Ukraine. I have Fhilips 32 PFL 5605H/12. FW 0.140.34.0. I accept satellite channels DVB-C (MPEG-2) .new FW 0.140.34.0 have decreased Macro-blocks on texts and trade marks of channels. There was a lack. During viewing a football match when football players move, displacement of pixels on 3-4 мм. is visible to a horizontal from theФ football player. The loop from the football player is visible.!!! Function of 100 Hz and suppression of noise MPEG-2 are included!!!
Lack data is not eliminated.!!! On FW 75.13.43 all was by way of. Whether please inform you have understood me and whether will solve the given problem? Sharpness in adjustments of the TV I have 4-5. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

meeeder
04-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Please fix the coaxial digital output! It is allmost unusable right now.
When there is a two channel LPCM stream there is not a problem but when there is a Dolby Digital stream then the output is constantly cut off.

pdemo
04-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi,

This procedure for updating the firmware with a USB key is wrong.
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?scy=FR&slg=ENG&mid=Link_Software&session=20110417043122_88.183.157.249&ctn=37PFL7605H/12&dct=FUS&did=ENG&reldct=FIN&file=/files/3/37pfl7605h_12/37pfl7605h_12_fin_eng.pdf#toolbar=0&zoom=100

Step 3: Update the TV software

2 The TV switches off & the screen black STAYS for 10 seconds. <= "This step does not exist"

carlosfm
04-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Gents, Philips asked me to show a pic of those gold-plated plugs, here they are.
On top the Televes full metal plugs, not bad but not too good either.

http://s3.postimage.org/bocl9n9st/TV_plugs_gold_plated.jpg

I have straight ones, these angled plugs I use on the wall plate side.
On the bottom, at the middle it's a Metronic plug.
The other two gold-plated plugs don't say anything, I've thrown away the package and I don't remember the brand. If it helps, I've bought these two at Leroy Merlin, at 2€ each.

carlosfm
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Looks like the picture disappeared from the link where I've hosted it.
Philips, if we could post pics directly on this forum, it would be much easier...

Mark74
04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi, I noticed that with firmware 0.32 and 0.34 the MHP applications are automatically enabled even if I have them disabled. This problem does not occur with previous firmware.
My model is 32PFL5605M/08.

Does anyone know where I could download the firmware Q5553 version 0.25?

Philips will you please resolve this problem.
Thanks

No one has encountered this problem?

nemesis53
04-18-2011, 08:21 PM
hi toengel,i have problem block sound,
can you give me a link for the firmware download 0.32?
please toengel

Here is the 140.32. My upload.

http://www.multiupload.com/A8R86H9142

Software downgrade instructions.

Philips does NOT advise to downgrade, that is why Philips does not provide older SW versions.

If you insist however, it is only save to downgrade from e.g. 140.27 to 140.25 or 140.23 (same SW branch).
Do NOT downgrade from e.g. version 140.xx to 75.xx. This can result in a undefined TV behaviour requiring
a Service intervention! So, be aware that downgrading the TV is at your own risk!

Instructions for downgrade to a lower SW version:

* Switch the TV "off": unplug mainscord or use TV's mains switch.
* Unzip file and copy "autorun.upg" in the root of an USB stick, and plug it into TV.
* Press the OK (or ARROW DOWN) button on the remote, keep it pressed, and cold-start the TV
(with USB stick plugged in).
* You will now enter the software upgrade/downgrade menu.
* Choose the correct autorun.upg and start the software update/downgrade.

carlosfm
04-18-2011, 10:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2fdnT.jpg

If the pic doesn't show up on the previous post, here's on another host.

Kev D
04-19-2011, 06:37 AM
This version still didn't solve the audio drop problem through HDMI on my 46PFL7605H/12 (using a TeleNet settop-box for digital tv & using a Philips Bluray Player). Philips could you please release a working patch for this issue?

PS: I've tried switching all external devices to another HDMI port and all problems remain. It doesn't matter if my Blu-ray & Digital Settop-Box are connected to HDMI1-ARC, HDMI2 or HDMI3.

carlosfm
04-19-2011, 08:29 AM
I have my cable box connected to HDMI3 on my 37PFL7605H/12 and no sound drops through the TV speakers or the headphone out (which I use as line out to my stereo preamp/amp).
Looks like the sound drops happen mainly on the S/PDIF and HDMI1 (audio return) when connected to an A/V amp?

banjeep
04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Here is the 140.32. My upload.

http://www.multiupload.com/A8R86H9142

Software downgrade instructions.

Philips does NOT advise to downgrade, that is why Philips does not provide older SW versions.

If you insist however, it is only save to downgrade from e.g. 140.27 to 140.25 or 140.23 (same SW branch).
Do NOT downgrade from e.g. version 140.xx to 75.xx. This can result in a undefined TV behaviour requiring
a Service intervention! So, be aware that downgrading the TV is at your own risk!

Instructions for downgrade to a lower SW version:

* Switch the TV "off": unplug mainscord or use TV's mains switch.
* Unzip file and copy "autorun.upg" in the root of an USB stick, and plug it into TV.
* Press the OK (or ARROW DOWN) button on the remote, keep it pressed, and cold-start the TV
(with USB stick plugged in).
* You will now enter the software upgrade/downgrade menu.
* Choose the correct autorun.upg and start the software update/downgrade.

Thank you very much Nemesis,only this fw for 5405 not is good for my tv pfl7605h,
i search fw 140.032 for pfl 7605h.

Thank you for your commitment

nemesis53
04-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Thank you very much Nemesis,only this fw for 5405 not is good for my tv pfl7605h,
i search fw 140.032 for pfl 7605h.

Thank you for your commitment

No problem but i think they are using the same firmware. Just to be sure you could ask some moderator around here.

Toengel
04-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi,

no - they have different Software releases:

5404 = Q5521
7605 = Q5551

Toengel@Alex

Sam-ourai
04-19-2011, 07:02 PM
No problem but i think they are using the same firmware. Just to be sure you could ask some moderator around here.

File name: Q5551-0.140.32.0.zip File size: 70.80 MB (http://www.fileserve.com/file/EeCmUhR/Q5551-0.140.32.0.zip)

banjeep
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM
File name: Q5551-0.140.32.0.zip File size: 70.80 MB (http://www.fileserve.com/file/EeCmUhR/Q5551-0.140.32.0.zip)

yeah,thank you very much samurai for this link i:)
thank

flatcoated
04-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Banjeep.

i have what you are looking for.
Don't know how to send it to you.
Let me know.

flatcoated.

tmac12
04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I've a problem with my tv 32PFL7605H..sometimes it turn of and restart..
I have just install the last firmware 140.034..there was this problem also with the firmware 140.032..
What is the problem?
Hardware or software?

Thanks

NetDancer
04-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Please fix the coaxial digital output! It is allmost unusable right now.
When there is a two channel LPCM stream there is not a problem but when there is a Dolby Digital stream then the output is constantly cut off.

Similar problem in my 7605H. Constant & perfectly audible buzz coming from my Philips HTS3220 with certain channels & video files when using the TV Coaxial Digital Output. Maybe related with some kind of audio conversion, no buzz using TV speakers.

banjeep
04-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Banjeep.

i have what you are looking for.
Don't know how to send it to you.
Let me know.

flatcoated.

Thanks for your interest flatcoated, I have already solved the link sam-uorai-
I hope philips blessed with this new update fixes audio block

pdemo
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi,

How long before the next firmware ?

A firmware with real evolutions and real corrections ?

Thanks

nemesis53
04-22-2011, 06:26 PM
I guess this firmware proves my theory about the TV's hardware limit/bug so that's why they can't fix the sound drop issue . If this is a software issue they should fix it by now right? I don't believe they are not that untalented software programmers, they just won'T admit the situation and keep releasing useless firmwares to keep customers busy.

Franck78
04-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Hello,

@nemesis, all majors manufacturers have hardware bugs. Since industrialization and 'chain' manufacturing.
When it is brakes in your car or explosive telephon batteries, they use every method to touch you. For common electronic radio, tv, ... they inform their support center only. List of corrections to do on particular device. Replace R414 with, add a capa here, place a shield between this and this, update that part with this. They don't hide 'bugs'. Simply no communication on them.
And sadly for them, digital is much more sensitive to environnental perturbations than old analog electronic ! Didn't you heared one time your handy synchronising in your radio ?

Franck

rgallo
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Dear Rgallo,

Thanks.

Spanish customer care service knows my problem with laSexta HD several months ago.
I use double shielded coax cable and full metal shielded connectors. Signal strenght is 99% and signal quality is 100%. Forever.

Regards.

Sagittarius
04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi there

I got my 32PFL5605H/12 April 12th 2011 in Switzerland and it was delivered with firmware
Q5521 0.75.13.45. As I read about the macroblock and intermittend sound problems in
advance I soon updated the firmware via USB-stick to 0.140.32.0 with success before I
checked for eventual failures.
The TV worked fine first and I was busy with different settings and how to use them.
Once I suddenly remarked some macroblock on a swiss HD-channel but I still was busy
and since all other channels have been fine so fare I forgot it. The next day I saw an
announcement of the new firmware 0.140.34.0 and so I just installed the new one to be
sure be up-to-date.
All was fine but all of a sudden after 11 days I remarked macroblocks and intermittend
tone on the first 4 HD channels here in Switzerland, while all other HD channels have been
OK! I checked cables and disconnect and reconnect them and made a power-off and on
via main switch. Now all was OK again and the first 4 channels have been fine like all
other channels.

All of a sudden yesterday I had again this problem with macroblocks and intermittent
tone, again only on my 1st four programmed swiss channels SF1, SF2, SFinfo and
HDsuisse. All those channels belong to the same TV-Group of SRG, CH 36 on 594MHz,
QAM256. So I made a switch-off and -on again, dis- and reconnected cables but
so far no results. Then I watched TV on other channels and I later remarked, that
all was ok again, even on my 1st 4 channels.
I could not check with other TV yet but I wonder if it is the TV or the transmitted
signal on 594MHz which makes problems.

So the question to you with the same problem is, on which channels/frequencies this
macroblock problem occours on your TV?

I know, unfortunately Philips isn't reading here (maybe they know exactly why???) but
I also sent two direkt mails to Philips to let them know about my observations.

Otherwise I am quite happy with this TV set an it has a very good picture quality on
HD and on analog channels.

PS: ...by the way, while the macroblocks problem occours, the signal quality wobbles
around 30 and strength around 40. I usually have a quality of 100 and a strength
of 82-86 on all other channels. So I don't think it's a cable or a connector failure if all other
channels are OK at the same time the swiss group is dropping...

Regards, Chris

rgallo
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi Chris.

The macroblock problem happens ONLY on laSexta HD channel. This channel is allocated at CH33, 570 MHz.

The problem happens everytime, every few seconds. And signal strength and quality are always near 100%.

I think that this problem is a software related problem, nothing to do with signal quality. This problem has been solved by Philips for 7000 series trough a software upgrade.

Regards.

Sagittarius
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Hello "Rgallo"

Many thanks for your statement. Ok, seems you only have one programm on this
frequency, we do have four on Ch36, which is lowest in our regional cable service
as you can see in this list:
http://www.intergga-ag.ch/tv/programme/digitale-tv-programme/
Today I had no problems at all, but I wonder when it will happen again ;-)
So let's hope for a clever PHILIPS firmware guru to finally solve it.

Regards, Chris

Herrminator
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, I finally made the mistake and updated my 32PFL5405 to 140.034 (from 140.032): Now all DVB-C HD-Channels show the macroblock/sound drop problems :(
The signal strength and quality didn't change (around 92/96) but after my previous experiences (send the unit back to service), I'm scared of downgrading...

Leocadio
04-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I also updated my (37PFL7605) to the 140.34 version and now all the HD channels have audio problems and blocks in the video. I'm worse than before.

Troublicious
05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi all, i bought a 42PFL5405H/12 there's just 2 weeks ago. After looong testing (and upgrading to .34 firmware version), i can say that when enabling "HD natural motion", macroblocks appears even at minimal setting!!! (tested with a bluray) Is it possible to correct that ?
Thanks

banjeep
05-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Philips work on a new firmware for the series 7605h?

I hope it will also change the epg.

pdemo
05-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi,

Software overview for 6000 H/K/M series (2011 models).
Q5551_0.9.19.0 (Date published: 2011-05-06)

Macro-blocks appear on digital (DVB-T) channels with HD content.

Is Philips working on the same correction for 76x5h ?

Pingutux
05-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi,

i have got some audio loss for 1 - 2 seconds with FW v0.140.34.0 on 37PFL5405/12 connected via HDMI to a Media Receiver 303 by Deutsche Telekom.

pdemo
05-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi,

I am the only client who uses yet his TV with integrated DVB-T without using HDMI. I understand better why I am the only one to blame the weakness of the DVB-T tuner.

petasis
05-15-2011, 03:34 PM
I am also using the DVB-T tuner of my TV daily, but I think it is ok. I am satisfied with the picture quality. It was terrible when I bought the TV (too much noise), but it got fixed a few firmware updates back.

The only annoying thing is the total absence of DVB-T EPG, which significantly reduces usability.

You can see some photos from DVB-T (mpeg4 Digea broadcaster) here: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/petasis/Philips%2046%209705/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/petasis/Philips%2046%209705/IMG_5221.jpg
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/petasis/Philips%2046%209705/IMG_5217.jpg

pdemo
05-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. ;)
If the signal level is middle in DBVT HD, there are macro-blocks with my 7675H but nothing with a Sony on the same installation.
With Philips, we must necessarily have an excellent signal for not have macro-blocks.
I think that the tuner's too sensible or not sufficiently protected from interferences

petasis
05-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. ;)
If the signal level is middle in DBVT HD, there are macro-blocks with my 7675H but nothing with a Sony on the same installation.
With Philips, we must necessarily have an excellent signal for not have macro-blocks.
I think that the tuner's too sensible or not sufficiently protected from interferences

Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to the processing quality, not the signal reception quality.
I have not experienced bad signal quality, my signal strength approaches 100%, despite the fact that where I live is not officially covered. A DAT 75 and an amplifier did the trick.

To say the truth, I also own a cheap panasonic plasma (a 50" U20). In some bad weather cases, I have observed some stops at the panasonic tv, while my 9705 keeps showing. I don't know if my 9705 tuner is bad or not, but I think the tuner of the panasonic is a little worse. However, I have not seen macroblocks, more the image disappears completely and I get a message on screen, which goes away and the image is again displayed (at panasonic).

I think that a signal level at about the middle, is not that good. Do you have an outdoors antenna?

pdemo
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Yes I have an outdoor antenna, it's a DAT 45.
I am near the transmitter.
I repeat that with a Sony on the same installation all is good.

petasis
05-16-2011, 10:16 AM
What is the signal strength/signal quality on the Sony for the same signal?
And what are the same number on the Philips?

pdemo
05-16-2011, 05:27 PM
The level of quality and power are almost the same.

But the Sony displays much more informations than the Philips.
On the Sony when levels decrease, the error rate and the C/N change.

petasis
05-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Which means that your signal is around 50% on both TVs? In your case, I would have tried to increase that to at least 65%.

And I agree that Philips TVs are terrible in letting the user know what is happening. My expensive 9705, does not even show the refresh rate of an incoming signal from HDMI, or whether its interlaced or not.

I have to always check the source (for something that all other brands have by default).

pdemo
05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
No, signal strength=100% and signal quality=96%

petasis
05-16-2011, 08:16 PM
You have signal strength 100% on the sony, and 50% on the philips? If yes, you have troubles with your aerial cables.

pdemo
05-16-2011, 08:21 PM
No I have 100% and 96% on both

Anyway, these values ​​are not realistic

kadakis
08-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Hello, i guess is not the right section to post this but since i m new to forum..here i go ...!
bought 42PFL5405H on first June 2011 from Pixmania, i live in Cyprus, and from first day i noticed this problem on the screen, these waves,(pictures at the end of post) well it is obvius it is ascreen not a FW problem.Normaly i would return the tv but so far i was really busy, and also not sure how this can be done ,(defenetly i dont want to sent the tv back to Belgium :) )and as much i have searched there are no representatives here in Cyprus. Any ideas ?
Secondly i was wondering if theres a way, when i turn on my Samsung blueray player to see its signal on tv, and not have to go all the way ,(home- bluray,etc etc) is coneccted via hdmi. With my old philps dvd player that is on scart conection this happens automaticaly the moment i power on the dvd player.
And somethin last, the chanching time on channels (dvb-t) is 4-5 sec. A bit long i think, anda lot furstrating :).
Thanx in advance :)

Philips - Thomas
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi Kadakis

i have to say that i can not offer you a local Service in Cyprus so the best you can do is to contact the Retailer.
What you can see on the Screen is not normal.
Regarding the HDMI connection, if both Devices support "CEC" (at Philips it is called Easylink) and the CEC Profile "System-Start" you only need to start the Player and the TV will start automatically on the the HDMI Input. (This TV does support this feature, not sure if the Player does).

Regards
Thomas