PDA

View Full Version : Can't view either of my B120 monitors outside of my home

Byron
08-15-2013, 02:58 AM
I've been using my monitors few a few months w/o any major issues. This week I've been unable to view either of my two monitors unless I'm connected to my home WiFi. When not on my home network one of the monitors immediate says it's offline and the other tries to refresh but eventually says it's offline too. I've tried reseting them both and uninstalling/reinstalling the app... nothing works. I've even tried reseting my router to factory defaults and power cycling my modem.

Something else that's strange is that after setting up one of the monitors after a reset I no longer have the temp/humidity stats showing and there is no microphone button when viewing the monitor. It's almost like it thinks I'm logged in as a 'Friend' when I'm definitely not. This is all when I'm connected to my home WiFi since (as described above) I can't connect at all while on 3G/4G or even from a neighbor's WiFi.

Ideas anyone?

Vaga
08-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Hey Byron, that's really strange. Do you have the latest iOS software version installed on your iphone and also, the latest software version of the App?

Byron
08-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes, latest iOS and latest in.sight app. I've even tried different iOS devices (wife's iPhone, my iPad, etc..) all give the same results.

Philips - Tereza
08-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Dear Byron,

we are aware that in some cases there may be issues with 3G/4G network. Our Product Development Team is currently working on the new software upgrade which should resolve this matter.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Philips Moderator Team

Byron
08-15-2013, 03:27 PM
ok, what about when I'm trying to view my monitors while connected to my WiFi at work? Or when viewing from the InSightWebview (http://www.insightwebview.philips.com/portal/yp_index.php?portal=philips) page on my computer? ..... Basically nothing is working except my iPhone when I'm at home.

This makes the monitor pretty much useless. I need a better solution.

Byron
08-17-2013, 08:39 PM
I think I've solved this for now... I think it was a combination of a few things.

* Apple released a new firmware version (7.6.4) for the Time Capsule that seems a little soft on the 2.4ghz network coverage (doesn't reach as far).
* I had my 2.4 and 5.0ghz radio channels set to Automatic. The 2.4ghz was using channel 11. I manually set it to 6 and the range seems a little better. Most likely because of external factors causing noise that is affecting the signal on channel 11. Could also be a coincidence.
* In.Sight app is very very very flaky and often times gives different results when following the same steps.

Vaga
08-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Oh brilliant, thanks for the update.

Thumbs up you did sort it out!