PDA

View Full Version : b120 - can`t connect to iphone

siwiana
08-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Initially I got the B120 to work ok.
But then one day, it wouldn`t connect to anyone of my iphones or ipads.
So i deleted the camera in the app, and try to add them again.
Then it wouldn`t connect again.

i tried to reset the camera with the reset button.
I get the amber light blinking, and after i displayed the QR code, it blinks green.
The camera continues to blink green, but after a while, the app says it`s "unable to connect to monitor".

Logged in to the yoics server, and the camera isn`t in the list there either.

I have a iPhone 5 with ios 6.1.4
In.sight software 2.3.0
my main router is Timecapsule. (Set up to use 2,4 gHz network)
(Also have an dlink dir 655, and a standard combined modem/wifi router from my fiber broadband company)
using speedtest.net i`ve recorded speed of 30Mbps and uplink 70Mbps

I`ve tried to connect with all of the networks, the same message on all.

what to do???

Faust
08-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi Siwiana, from what I read in other threads from moderators here on the forum, this camera needs a lots of speed - B120 needs up to 2gbps. Has your home network changed recently because you said it used to work fine before?

in any case, i would try to uninstall the app (as there were some issues with it recently) and install back again, reset the whole home network (routers) and reset your phone as well....start all over again.

also would try to re-update the firmware of the monitor if you manage to connect.

siwiana
08-16-2013, 11:45 AM
2 gbps wifi ??? that can`t be correct?
I doubt that there is anything wrong with my internal wifi speed, or the external internet speed.

everything else you mention i`ve tried (except updating the firmware...)

Anything else?

Faust
08-16-2013, 12:05 PM
are you aware of any change which could have been made within your home network?

right, i would suggest to contact your local Philips customer care who will advice you on next steps in regards to service or exchange.

contacts can be found on your country's site - http://www.philips.com/global/country_selector.page?locale_org=gb_en

good luck!