PDA

View Full Version : [Wish] DLNA Current folder name visibility improvements

PhotoFan
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Often the (longer) foldername is not displayed in full, when the cursor is on the name it will start scrolling after a while. Still it is not easy to navigate quickly. When you have foldernames like 'band name - album name', the 'album name' is often not visible and you have to wait.

To assist when browsing though the folders, the following improvements can be made:
1. Display the foldername on which the cursor is in full for a number of seconds; e.g. it will be a kind of 'popup' that will 'hide' the underlying file/foldernames on the right of it.
2. Make the 'delay before scroll' and 'scroll speed' configurable (the current values are slow).
3. Make the font size for the file explorer screen configurable (current TVs are large, a smaller font would be ok for me)

Andreas
04-25-2011, 12:39 PM
While any improvement may be usefull, I would rather wish Philips would focus on getting .AVI to play over DLNA without freezing on a wider range of media server software than Twonkyvision 6.0.32. I.e. fix what does not work rather than adding new cosmetic features.

I would value that much more than the option to set the folder name scroll speed.

Rod
05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi PhotoFan,

I'm very appreciate all your comment and input. It is very useful for us to further improve our products. I share your concern about the 'Folder name visibility' issue. I will take your input and see how to improve this. Thanks again for your great suggestions.