PDA

View Full Version : 46PFL9705 image problems

Frezzaldo
05-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Hey! I just want to point out a few problems with the 9705 TV:

Auto contrast adjustment/brightness dimming:
The TV is auto adjusting brightness/contrast (or something) all the time. You can see this especially good at the end-text of a movie, when you have only a line of text on all black background. for a little second the text is bright, then it's adjusted down to a more white/gray color. This is also happening on the whole image when I watch movies. In some scenes the image is adjusted down, then it's slowly adjusted back to what it was in the beginning, before it's again adjusted down. I have also noticed that this happens more often when subtitles are on. I think it's weird that the subtitles are used in the calculation of how the image should be. I think that the best would be to just leave the image the way it was in the beginning with no adjustments done at all.

Better control over the 1000 LED fields:
In dark scenes you can see that some parts of the image are flickering. It looks like the background light can't decide if it want to be on or off. I think it would be best if it just stayed on when this happens.

Take a look at the latest Harry Potter movie, and you will see both these problems in a lot of scenes.
I hope you can do something about this because it's really annoying!!

Freddy
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Hello and welcome here! :)

I completely recognize the problems you mention.

Regarding the up and down adjustment of the whole picture (not just that one bright line on black): I noticed this happening especially when "Dynamic Backlight" is set to "Optimal Picture". When at "Standard" this does not happen that much, if at all.

Except when combined with the "Dimming problem every time subtitles appear on 32PFL9705 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1265-Dimming-problem-every-time-subtitles-appear-on-32PFL9705)". Your problem sounds a bit like this, so could you maybe do the test mentioned there and report your results?...