PDA

View Full Version : New Program Guide! (IP-EPG).

Philips
05-05-2011, 10:07 AM
We are performing maintenance on the Electronic Program Guide (IP-EPG). (May 5, until 13:30 Dutch Time).
A new EPG is installed.
There is a new design and there are some improvements in the new options menu, like a new channel identification feature.

For the new generation TV’s that are being released this year, this EPG supports the recording functionality.
You can simply mark the programs that you want to have recorded in the program guide.

Post your observations and experiences here!

(Sorry Petasis; still not accessible in Greece)

Toengel
05-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi,

GREAT!

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
05-05-2011, 02:31 PM
I do not know how this update is proceeded and which models are included in this update. I own a 46PFL9705K since one week ('11) and i am not very satisfied by the EPG that is provided by this TV because it is a stub compared to other EPG's p.ex. Samsung, Kathrein.

Toengel
05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi,

you need to connect you TV to the internet and set up in the options that the EPG receives his data from internet and NOT from the broadcaster...

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
05-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Thats exactly what i expected and did, but i made no notice of any change in the slow and confusing look and feel. I'm pretty sure you know other EPGs like the one of Kathreins UFS910 which is brilliant (since 2006!!!!).

Jessy
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I like the new IP-EPG. (32PFL7605H with DVB-T in NL) The new blue with purple background improves the readability and the channel logo’s look nice and bright, easy to recognize.

I had some non-identified channels, so I tried the new way to identify channels. The DVB-T broadcaster offers a channel called “NGS”, you can’t find it when you search for NGS. In the EPG list “Nat Geographic HD” is offered, so I selected it as a best guess.
I realize that my DVB-T isn’t HD so; wrong choice? I have not yet figured out how to undo this channel identification.

The movies are marked with a movie symbol. I like that. Tonight on Veronica: Pirates of the Caribbean. And if I go for more information I see that I can click on the names of all the major movie stars. It brings you to the Wikipedia page with all the info on the movie star. This Wikipedia link in the program guide is very nice and rather unique, I haven’t seen it elsewhere.

Erikrijnders
05-05-2011, 03:45 PM
1) Stange the older models cannot record programs: I bought an expensive tv, but good options are never supported

2) Where is the now/next-box when zapping. STILL NOT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So update??? Id donot think so. Only the look is better.

smart
05-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Great! I like the new Look & Feel! I think it is a real improvement.

When poking arround, I had the problem to get back to the main screen when I selected one particular broadcast from the main list view. I see details on the broadcast, can switch to the channel but when I puch the back key on the remote, it shows me the currently selected channel instead of the main list view.

Toengel
05-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi,

first impression: Great!

- usability is improved due to the chosen colors
- wikipedia links are to the English version - I'd like to have the German ones, since my TV is set up to Germany
- A CLOCK IS MISSING! (the old one has a clock in the background, which wasn't viewable due to the chosen colors - but now the clock is gone) -> Please, display a clock at the top right of the IP-EPG main screen!

@Eric

- Now/Next isn't licenced by Philips, so don't expect this feature in the near future...
- why should your "old" TV now support USB recording? It's a feature of the 2011 series, but not the 2010 series...

@smart

This is also on my TV... it is a BUG!

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
So which TVs do support this new EPG? My 1900€ expensive 46PFL9705K does or does not? I'm already about to send it back and never buy a Philips again if support at Philips stops at about half a year after introducing a new model almost like bad companies as Acer!

Toengel
05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi,

this new IP-EPG is for all models which have IP-EPG - so it works for the 2010 models!

This is a replacement for the old IP-EPG which uses data from TVTV - NOT from the DVB stream! You need to set up your TV to use EPG from internet!

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
05-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm not aware what else i can do! I did the setup as you told, i have made every update available (034). I checked my connectivity by using net-tv and i am here in Germany and using DVB-S2. No change visible! Do i have to do some resets? Is there any notifier that anything is changed or is everything happening in the background? What can i do to check?

Toengel
05-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi,

I think your problem is DVB-S2 - the IP-EPG is not supported if you use DVB-S2... (this is what I remember). But Philips should clarify this!

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
05-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm not able to follow your explanation! Who on earth is watching DVB-T on a 46" Fullhd-TV-Set? Furthermore i do not have access to DVB-T. And DVB-C in HD is not very common where i live.

Toengel
05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi,

a took a photo of the new IP-EPG: http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/philips-neuer-electronic-program-guide-ip-epg-heute/

The DVB-S2 tuner is only a hardware add-on which isn't really supported by the firmware software... :(

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
05-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Still no idea! There should be no link between EPG shown and the input stream when updating the information via internet

Toengel
05-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi,

some more observation:

- as user "smart" stated: if one opened the detail page of a broadcast it is NOT possible to come back to the IP-EPG overview page
- 4:3 broadcasts have a wrong aspect ratio in the PIP window

Toengel@Alex

Adamo
05-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi Philips, I like it!
It look good and it's more readable.

If only my 32pfl9705 could record tv shows... would be perfect! ;)

Adamo

bta
05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi,

first of all: it is a great improvement and i appriciate it very much.

Here is my so far bug list:
1.) at the channel list: the red triangles for the channels with "red button function" are not depicted.
2.) at content page: a small area at the left border of the broadcaster logo is cut off.
3.) at content page: when i press the "back button at remote" I return to watch tv instead of return to IP-EPG channel list. (same when I press the browser button). So when I am at a content page I have no possibility to return to channel list.
4.) channel identification: some times when I type in a shearch string the OSD-keyboard switch off without that i have pressed done - it seems it has to do with a regularely update (a kind of reload) of the IP-EPG that is done in the background.

whish list:
1.) at content page: the bar that indicates the progress of the currently running tv show runs from white to black - for me it seems more logical to run from balck to white (that means, when the show just started, the bar should be almost black and not almost white as it is now)
2.) as mentioned by toengel: I also miss a clock
3.) as mentioned by toengel: I'm also wondering, that the wiki links do not correlate to the tv's language setting.
4.) the mangenta kinded color at the lower third of the screen is a little bit disturbing

regards
bta

JohnnyQ
05-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi,

- A CLOCK IS MISSING! (the old one has a clock in the background, which wasn't viewable due to the chosen colors - but now the clock is gone) -> Please, display a clock at the top right of the IP-EPG main screen!

Toengel@Alex

Clock is not missing on my TV: day, month, year, and time in the first line!

I have a 2009 TV, regretfully no Picture in Picture on my TV. But in 2011 I still benefit from these EPG improvements! Good job Philips!

bta
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Clock is not missing on my TV, day, month, year, and time in the first line!

Hi,

day, month and year are at my IP-EPG home to, but no time.

JohnnyQ: What is your language/location setting? (I'm at german/germany; I think toengel has the same setting to).

Regards
bta

Toengel
05-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi,

@JohnnyQ

Please take a look at the link I posted above... there you see the photo of my IP-EPG version... no time/clock is present...

Toengel@Alex

JohnnyQ
05-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi Toengel,

See my picture in my previous post. I do not see yours?

Regards,
Johnny.

Toengel
05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi,

strange - your IP-EPG is showing the time - the German version does not... see: http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/philips-neuer-electronic-program-guide-ip-epg-heute/

Toengel@Alex

JohnnyQ
05-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi Toegel,

It seems you found another bug, no clock in german EPG.
(& it seems we are all "beta testers":))

J.

Erikrijnders
05-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Hi,

first impression: Great!

- usability is improved due to the chosen colors
- wikipedia links are to the English version - I'd like to have the German ones, since my TV is set up to Germany

@Eric

- Now/Next isn't licenced by Philips, so don't expect this feature in the near future...
- why should your "old" TV now support USB recording? It's a feature of the 2011 series, but not the 2010 series...

@smart

This is also on my TV... it is a BUG!

Toengel@Alex

Updates on a tv should be for all users. I paid for an expensive tv, so do the 2011 users. So why is it supported in te new tv's and not the old ones???? I donot get this!

About the now/next-box: If Philips doesnot have the license, they have to buy it. All other trade-marks have it, so i cannot find a reason why Philips cannot buy the license so their consumer get what they paid for!

Erikrijnders
05-06-2011, 07:11 PM
37PFL8605/12H : NO NEW GUIDE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2009 models DO have support, so where is the support for my 2010-model!!!!!!

PS For an expensive the the support is crap, no now/nextbar when zapping, and now recording only work with the newer 2011-models!!!!!!!!! Is this customer support???????

smart
05-07-2011, 06:15 AM
@Erikrijnders: You are repeating yourself. I'm not sure why you do this, but it makes this forum more difficult to read. Please spam less into the threads.

I think, you can't expect, that you will get all features of newer TVs in the older models. Some companys are doing so but not all. But by typing upper case and using multiple !, you can't force this. And I don't think that you paid for your now/next EPG feature, you paid for a TV and I don't know any advertisment that said to have now/next EPG.

Please open a seperate for you discussion about now/next EPG and getting support for recording and don't spam other threads!

Don't understand me wrong, getting those feature would be nice.

Erikrijnders
05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Well,

Maybe Philips can react why the model 37PFL8605/12H doesnot have the IP-EPG. This is also a 2010-model!

The now/next function cannot be mentioned enough, we will mention it untill Philips understands this should me on an modern tv!

Alicia
05-07-2011, 12:28 PM
40PFL8605H/12 here. I have DVB-C channels installed so no IP-EPG here (not new, not old) to enjoy.
Really annoying that when you switch to DVB-C EPG, the sound is muted, no PIP with tv channel, only blue-ish screen with EPG.

ahasver
05-09-2011, 08:40 AM
What do I have to do to make this new IP-EPG working with my 32PFL8404H?
I currently still get well known Error 500 but now with new designed background... :(
Try new channel search DVB-T only? New channel search DVB-C? Clearing internet cache with or without club philips re-registration? Disable or enable joint space? Will their be a sowftware update (currently using 026.078)?

DellUser
05-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm not aware what else i can do! I did the setup as you told, i have made every update available (034). I checked my connectivity by using net-tv and i am here in Germany and using DVB-S2. No change visible! Do i have to do some resets? Is there any notifier that anything is changed or is everything happening in the background? What can i do to check?

Hi Ontracker;
See the IP-EPG availability matrix. here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1509-Program-Guide-accessibility...)
IP-EPG is not available for 2010 models using DVB-S.
That explains it!

Perhaps you can use a trick to get IP-EPG anyhow.
(See this example here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?660-EPG-not-working-(network)&highlight=Onsbrabantnet))

Ontracker
05-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not aware of the things described in the foreign language, maybe someone can translate it to english or german, maybe it works for me. Otherwise i always have to check the EPG on DVB-T and then switch over to -S, but most programs are not on DVB-T but on -S so this is a very bad workaround.
As i still do not know where the big difference between 9705 and 9715 is in Hard- and in Software except the remote control i expect that there is not that much business to fix the problem via update. Now this -S EPG is a piece of shit that is years back compared to the competitors and should be fixed immediately by the development!!!

Erikrijnders
05-09-2011, 03:59 PM
40PFL8605H/12 here. I have DVB-C channels installed so no IP-EPG here (not new, not old) to enjoy.
Really annoying that when you switch to DVB-C EPG, the sound is muted, no PIP with tv channel, only blue-ish screen with EPG.

Indead I have DVB-C too. Ziggo with CI+. It cannot be true it depends on the provider whether or not you will get IP-EPG. Ziggo has nothing to say about my tv at all!!!!!!!!!!

So Philips explain why it isnot there in the Netherlands when you have CI+ from Ziggo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very angry about this! I paid for this feature, so Philips should provide this.

Philips
05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi,

3.) at content page: when i press the "back button at remote" I return to watch tv instead of return to IP-EPG channel list. (same when I press the browser button). So when I am at a content page I have no possibility to return to channel list.

regards
bta

We fixed this one!

bta
05-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi,

missing function of "back button" is fixed - thx.

The current time is still missed at the german version of IP-EPG.

regards
bta

smart
05-12-2011, 06:34 PM
I can confirm, back function works now. Great EPG, I think.

Toengel
05-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi,

@Philips
thanks for fixing the "back button" issue! Now the IP-EPG is useable again... now it's time for the clock... ;)

Toengel@Alex

Niels
05-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Hello all,

I noticed the new EPG look and also found some minor problems
1) Previous versions showed start times of all programs (as far as i can remember). Now the start time of programs that are running is not there, so you dont know how long ago the program is started.
2) Previous version had a 'now' function under the [down] button to return to the actual program overview after scrolling to later times. This button has disappeared.

Regards, Niels

Erikrijnders
05-27-2011, 10:29 PM
We fixed this one!

So?? When can the CI+-users with Ziggo expect a fix?? They want IP-EPG too? Why isnot this fixed, because the 2011 Ziggocertified models do have the IP-EPG-feature.

So when do I get what I paid for????

charliesangel
05-28-2011, 09:04 AM
So?? When can the CI+-users with Ziggo expect a fix?? They want IP-EPG too? Why isnot this fixed, because the 2011 Ziggocertified models do have the IP-EPG-feature.

@ Erikrijnders As mentioned earlier on this forum, have you tried this:

1) Starting point is a TV with DVB-C channels installed. Tried to use IP-EPG, but this did not work.
2) Unplug the antenna cable. Only leave a short coax cable in the TV (i used the cable that i use to connect to my HD recorder)
3) Set the channel location to DVB-T (config>channel settings>install channels>antenna/cable>antenna DVB-T)
4) Install channels from DVB-T (config>find channels>new channel installation>DVB-T)
5) Now set the EPG location to network (config>TV settings>preferences>program guide>network
6) Go to the Program Guide and let it find program information
(if it does not work try to set EPG location to channel and back to network:
config>TV settings>preferences>program guide>channel,
config>TV settings>preferences>program guide>network)
7) Now set the channel location back to DVB-C (config>channel settings>install channels>cable DVB-C)
8) Update channels (config>find channels>update channels)

It worked for me

Erikrijnders
05-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Philips must come with an answer. I donot want to go to all these steps to get what I should have in the first place. I am not going to do that.

Its silliness that a customers must go trought all these steps to get what Philips blocks!!!! Philips please answer when this is solves in the near future:

When can the CI+-users with Ziggo expect a fix?? They want IP-EPG too? Why isnot this fixed, because the 2011 Ziggocertified models do have the IP-EPG-feature.

Chrissie18
05-28-2011, 02:52 PM

1) Starting point is a TV with DVB-C channels installed. Tried to use IP-EPG, but this did not work.
2) Unplug the antenna cable. Only leave a short coax cable in the TV (i used the cable that i use to connect to my HD recorder)
3) Set the channel location to DVB-T (config>channel settings>install channels>antenna/cable>antenna DVB-T)
4) Install channels from DVB-T (config>find channels>new channel installation>DVB-T)
5) Now set the EPG location to network (config>TV settings>preferences>program guide>network
7) Now set the channel location back to DVB-C (config>channel settings>install channels>cable DVB-C)

It worked for me

Thanks for the guide to get the guide! ;)
I tried it (had to choose reinstall channels after switching to DVB-T before I got it, but then I got it)
After switching to DVB-C I directly got the HD channels again. Did not have to update the channels again.
I did have to 'identify channel' for most Dutch channels before it displayed them correctly though.

Dear Erik, I do know it a hack we heve to perform ourselves and it is way from ideal. But instead of writing complaining messages, just spent 5 minutes on performing those steps and enjoy the IP-EPG... ;)

Does anybody have a hack to get the now/then screen display?!? :P

Niels
05-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the guide to get the guide! ;)
I tried it (had to choose reinstall channels after switching to DVB-T before I got it, but then I got it)
After switching to DVB-C I directly got the HD channels again. Did not have to update the channels again.
I did have to 'identify channel' for most Dutch channels before it displayed them correctly though.

Dear Erik, I do know it a hack we heve to perform ourselves and it is way from ideal. But instead of writing complaining messages, just spent 5 minutes on performing those steps and enjoy the IP-EPG... ;)

Does anybody have a hack to get the now/then screen display?!? :P

Good point!
I also started complaining to Philips, but finally found out this procedure with some help.
Takes you a one time investment of 5 or 10 minutes and it works now for more than half a year without problems!
I bet Erik has spent a lot more time already posting unanswered posts to Philips...
(although I am also a bit disappointed in the way Philips deals with these complaints)

Erikrijnders
06-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Good point!
I also started complaining to Philips, but finally found out this procedure with some help.
Takes you a one time investment of 5 or 10 minutes and it works now for more than half a year without problems!
I bet Erik has spent a lot more time already posting unanswered posts to Philips...
(although I am also a bit disappointed in the way Philips deals with these complaints)

These steps as mentiones shouldnot be neccesary. There are a lot of consumers who do not know this forum at all. I am very disappointed in the way Philips acts, a would expect a correct answer: we are working on this problem....

So Phiips give us a status update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

peelaaa
06-09-2011, 04:59 PM

It worked for me

On my 40pfl9705 I can only select between network and broadcaster, is that just a translation difference??

Erikrijnders
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
When you have CI+ and Ziggo the network-options doesnot work. This is totally sick! Ziggo had the power in what I can do with my tv! And strange enough in the 2011-models the IP-EPG does work...

Philips is not willing to help as they do not come with a status update....

Toengel
06-10-2011, 06:23 AM
On my 40pfl9705 I can only select between network and broadcaster, is that just a translation difference??

Hi,

yes. Network = Internet, Broadcaster = DVB.

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi,

yes. Network = Internet, Broadcaster = DVB.

Toengel@Alex

No, nog when you use CI+ and Ziggo. Than Network = DVB and broadcaster = DVB. Totally sick.. In the 2011-models IP-EPG works with CI+ and Ziggo

Chrissie18
06-10-2011, 05:20 PM
I switched back to DVB as it was horribly slow and now since 2 or 3 days NetTV doesn't work at all...

Toengel
06-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi,

it seems that Philips is actually doing some maintenance with the IP-EPG...

For an image see: http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/philips-wartungsarbeiten-am-ip-epg/

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
06-10-2011, 06:25 PM
It's not only EPG.
And I don't even get the message you're displaying. It just takes ages and then I get that the Philips server cannot be reached.
I'm not using wireless and it is connected correctly (has correct Gateway and DNS settings).
NetTV is also off the air for 2 or 3 days now ('Server not found').

2 days ago I got the message after a while that I had to turn off the TV to complete the NetTV login.
That was the final blow I think, because after that he could not find a server at all...

Erikrijnders
06-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi,

it seems that Philips is actually doing some maintenance with the IP-EPG...

For an image see: http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/philips-wartungsarbeiten-am-ip-epg/

Toengel@Alex

Well, I hope the EPG will work with CI+ and Ziggo than after this update....

Chrissie18
06-11-2011, 06:06 AM
NetTV works again.
IP-EPG gives an 'IP-EPG Error'....

Corneel
06-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Net TV and IP-EPG work fine at my TV. (now)

Toengel
07-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Dear Philips,

can you please fix the missing clock in the German IP-EPG? This bug was found over 2 months ago!

Toengel@Alex

miro9000
07-19-2011, 07:46 AM
No clock in Germany ? Don´t care about it. In Spain we are in the year XXXX acording to the Philips IP-EPG

Niels
07-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Hello all,

Do some of you also experience that accessing the IP EPG takes more time nowadays?
When the TV is just turned on I have to wait quite long before to use the IP-EPG.
When the TV is on for a long time and I use the IP-EPG it is really slow in displaying it.

Anyone experiences the same? Known workarounds (did not yet try to clear net-tv memory)

Kind regards,
Niels

Erikrijnders
07-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I Donot have IP-EPG yet, but NETTV is also not accesible since a few weeks now!!
Tomorrow there will be maintenance as a understand from Philips. Hope they will fix everything finally.

ahasver
07-26-2011, 11:29 PM
@Niels
no more then obviously.
But it takes the time to establish connection with NetTV portal and so on. In establishing Network and NetTV connections I occasionally get delays (even if I have fast internet access). So if you first check NetTV working IPEPG starts as slow or fast as ever. (And in my case: it really starts since Philips did change a peace of hardware :) )

My expirience with new IP EPG over old are good: I now can find a channel by search to identify. It makes it much easyer.

But there should be also an uniderntfy option if the channel was automaticly identified by a false pattern match, e.g. few channels not provided by IPEPG are assigned by RT cause "RT" is in their name... My "work around" is to assign an other channel from the list, where no logo and no data provided...

Philips - Mark
08-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Dear Philips,

can you please fix the missing clock in the German IP-EPG? This bug was found over 2 months ago!

Toengel@Alex

Issue is fixed. :)

mschaich
08-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Issue is fixed. :)

Hallo Philips,

i bought a 2009 Model in Spring 2010 and I´am totally satisfied with the performance and Picture. I also use NET-TV very often and think about it´s a very good tool even if i look at the systems of the competitors.
But I Have a Problem with IP-EPG. Since May 2011 there comes only the message Error 500 --> the site is not available.

So for me, there is nothing "FIXED"

Sorry but I am not satisfied in this Point.

Philips - Mark
08-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Hallo Philips,

i bought a 2009 Model in Spring 2010 and I´am totally satisfied with the performance and Picture. I also use NET-TV very often and think about it´s a very good tool even if i look at the systems of the competitors.
But I Have a Problem with IP-EPG. Since May 2011 there comes only the message Error 500 --> the site is not available.

So for me, there is nothing "FIXED"

Sorry but I am not satisfied in this Point.

Dear mschaich,

We remotely corrected your “ERROR 500 on IP-EPG” problem. Please try the EPG again and let us know if we succeeded.
(Sorry, we could not recover the channel mappings that you performed manually).

At your service,
Mark.

Erikrijnders
08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
.... Still doesnot work

Lassy
08-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Special thanks to all the Philips-moderators here and the quick re(action) from Ziggo-officials!

IP-EPG works now on the 2010-models with CI and Ziggo/UPC in the Netherlands!

I still don't see the IP-EPG, just the regular blue (From Broadcaster) EPG.

I've set Program Guide to "From Network" and updated the program guide but everything seems the same.

Erikrijnders
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I still don't see the IP-EPG, just the regular blue (From Broadcaster) EPG.

I've set Program Guide to "From Network" and updated the program guide but everything seems the same.

Set the EPG to Network

Go to Nederland 1.

Press the red button

Now the tv asks if you agree to the tvtv-right

Press ok

Whatch out! Now you must choose/search Nederland 1 in a box (so choose the correct channel!)

I think 'uitzending Gemist' wil start than. Press the navi-buttton an choose 'tv kijken'.

Now choose on Nederland 1 the 'programmagids'.

voila

Toengel
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi,

thats great to hear... :-)

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
No, other people with the same 2010- tv donot get it working, so it STILL isnot solved!

Maybe my NETTV was on an other lanuage and that way IP-EPG came with it. Later I set NETTV on Dutch (Nederlands) and IP-EPG still worked.

Other people in the Netherlands still have no IP-EPG with Ziggo and CI+ on the 2010-models!

Why is it taking so long now Ziggo had even stated that this option shouldnot be blocked at all!

Toengel
08-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi,

at this moment my IP-EPG (with my replacement unit) shows only "server is too busy"... maybe they are changing something at the moment...

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
08-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi Alex,

We have seen the IP-EPG problem. To be fixed asap!

Regards,
Mark.

Philips - Mark
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Fixed!

Erikrijnders
08-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Is it fixed also for all users in the Netherlands with 2010-models and Ziggo CI+- ??

I have a Philips Tv
08-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Fixed!
Still does not work for me. I get "500 IP-EPG has encountered an error".

I watch through UPC with CI+. Until yesterday the IP-EPg worked with the trick of enabling it through DBS-T installation, but since today it has stopped working.

Erikrijnders
08-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Instead of fixing this for the CI+-users in the Netherlands they block even more!!!!

This is not what Ziggo and UPC demanded i their certification! IP-EPG must be usable for consumers with CI+ in the Netherlands! The Cable-EPG must be default, but user must have an option to activate EPG. That's what a Ziggo official on the Ziggo forum stated:

http://ziggo-gebruikers.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=33451&page=2

Postnr. 10:

Nogmaals er zijn geen beperkingen opgelegd. Ziggo heeft alleen gevraagd de broadcast EPG als default in te stellen. De gebruiker heeft nog steeds de mogelijkheid de netwerk / IP EPG te kiezen. .

seo
08-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Dear Philips,

- Why not make a proper timeline instead of Now/Next column. It all become whery messy the way it is now.
- And why use so much space on that silly Net-app thing at the left. Use that space for the timeline.
- And why isnt the "Watch now" button on the details page working at all (at least on Norwegian version).
- I would also like to have a wathc now option directly from timeline.
- When highligting the channel logo you should get a page with program list for that channel only.
- Finallly, when watching a channel and want to see info for channel, why cant you just put that on bottom on screen and still have picture. Today picture disappear and info is displayed and you have to press return for picture again.

mschaich
08-10-2011, 10:21 AM
For me, IP-EPG works fine now.
Thank you Mark.
The only thing is that VOD streaming frequently stops now, I never notized before (ZDF-Mediathek). But Maybe this is caused from my internet connection, or i have to clean the history.

I think a timeline would be a good thing, but i also see, that fixing worldwide problems is more like fire-fighting than sorting beans.
Nevertheless we users made a big financial invest, so our TV-Systems have to work proper.

Alicia
08-25-2011, 06:00 PM
IP-EPG still doesn't work on my 40PFL8605 with fw 140.40....
It doesn't make any difference if I select "from network" or "from channel" inside the tv menu. I always get the blue screen, with EPG.
I'm from the Netherlands and Philips only fixed it for Ziggo ????
That can't be true I hope ? I'm on the Glashart Media network (http://glashartmedia.nl/Glashart+media/) like people from at least 10 other providers. Philips, can you please let me know what's going on here ? Thanks in advance.

Erikrijnders
08-25-2011, 06:31 PM
IP-EPG still doesn't work on my 40PFL8605 with fw 140.40....
It doesn't make any difference if I select "from network" or "from channel" inside the tv menu. I always get the blue screen, with EPG.
I'm from the Netherlands and Philips only fixed it for Ziggo ????
That can't be true I hope ? I'm on the Glashart Media network (http://glashartmedia.nl/Glashart+media/) like people from at least 10 other providers. Philips, can you please let me know what's going on here ? Thanks in advance.

Where is stated that Philips fixed this for Ziggo users and the 2010-models?? This is an issue that is still there waiting to be fixed!!!!!!!!!

A moderator of this forum is trying to get info from the technicians why it isnot fixed. Ziggo stated (and this week to Philips too) that IP-EPG must work next to the cable-EPG for the 2010 models with CI+. There is no certification-issue why this feature must be blocked.

Alicia
08-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Where is stated that Philips fixed this for Ziggo users and the 2010-models?? This is an issue that is still there waiting to be fixed!!!!!!!!!

You said so here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1430-New-Program-Guide!-(IP-EPG).&p=10012&viewfull=1#post10012) or am I reading things wrong ?? Obviously I am, reading your last post.

Erikrijnders
08-26-2011, 03:55 PM
You said so here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1430-New-Program-Guide!-(IP-EPG).&p=10012&viewfull=1#post10012) or am I reading things wrong ?? Obviously I am, reading your last post.

It worked, but after installing the channels again it was gone. So it STILL doesnot work.

Lassy
08-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Via Ziggo/CI+ IP-EPG still does not work after installing latest sofware Q5551_0.140.40.0

Edit:

Philips says that this will be solved next month (in The Netherlands)

Lassy
09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
It probably won't get solved for Ziggo users in The Netherlands due to certification issues between Philips and Ziggo...I thought that this story was finally coming to an end :(

Erikrijnders
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
It probably won't get solved for Ziggo users in The Netherlands due to certification issues between Philips and Ziggo...I thought that this story was finally coming to an end :(

Wo says? Philips/Ziggo please more info as Ziggo states this is no certification-problem AND CONTACTED PHILIPS ABOUT THIS!

NETTV-people dit a Changerequest which has been approved. As a result IP-EPG WILL work with CI+ in the Netherlands in the near future (THIS MONTH)

Peer
09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Ziggo, Ziggo and Ziggo ! Hey there are much more cable-providers, how about them ? I don't have IP-EPG either but my 40PFL9705 is certified with CI+ by Caiway (my provider) so there shouldn't be issues and Philips must not block IP-EPG.

Erikrijnders
09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Ziggo, Ziggo and Ziggo ! Hey there are much more cable-providers, how about them ? I don't have IP-EPG either but my 40PFL9705 is certified with CI+ by Caiway (my provider) so there shouldn't be issues and Philips must not block IP-EPG.

Goes the same, will work THIS MONTH

peelaaa
09-06-2011, 08:10 PM
I live in Ireland but due to a hardware/software bug, I have to set the country to UK for the listings to appear correctly.
Will the IP-EPG work for me as I note that the UK is not compatible OR do I need to select country to Ireland.??

Lassy
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Dear Philips. When can we expect IP-EPG to be working in The Netherlands?

Philips - Mark
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Dear Philips. When can we expect IP-EPG to be working in The Netherlands?

Within a few weeks we will release IP-EPG for NL. :)

ahasver
09-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Since IP-EPG update in August I find a lot more channels in list to identify then before. And there are a lot I did missed before.
But assigning doesn't work if I try to choose from found matches. If I try to leave search input the hold identify dialogue does cancel and I'm not able to choose the proper name from the list.
Only if I scroll through the large list I can assign the channel. But it takes me about 10 to 15 minutes per channel and some times it did occur that my assignments were lost (after total power off or may be some other events - don't remember exactly) and I have to assign again...

Verklagekasper
09-28-2011, 09:37 AM
I just got an "error 500" yesterday, in Germany. Even turning the TV off and on by the power button didn't help. IP-EG just kept telling me that it encountered an error.

Luckily, the workaround mentioned in this thread worked for me. After these steps, IP-EPG worked again:
1. Switch from DVB-C to DVB-T
2. Update the channel list
3. Open the IP-EPG (now working)
4. Switch from DVB-T to DVB-C
5. Update the channel list

Btw, it would be nice to have at least a more informative message than "error 500".

TV: 32PFL7486K/02, DVB-C with CI+ module
Software: 000.010.105.000

Cheers,
Burkhard

Paulw
09-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Since IP-EPG update in August I find a lot more channels in list to identify then before. And there are a lot I did missed before.
But assigning doesn't work if I try to choose from found matches. If I try to leave search input the hold identify dialogue does cancel and I'm not able to choose the proper name from the list.
Only if I scroll through the large list I can assign the channel. But it takes me about 10 to 15 minutes per channel and some times it did occur that my assignments were lost (after total power off or may be some other events - don't remember exactly) and I have to assign again...

Is there already a date?

I found it was a real dissatisfier to not be able to use the IP-EPG on my 9705 with Ziggo CI+

Paul

bta
09-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi,

observed another bug at IP-EPG:
0.) I refer to the German version of IP-EPG; don't know how this behaves in other country/language settings.
1.) When IP-Starts: The first line is "Day | DD Month YYYY, HH:MM" that is very fine
2.) Now hit options button and choose "select day"; Choose "tomorrow" in the list that pops up
3.) The first line has now the format "Day Month DD YYYY" that differs to the start up format described at 1.)

I assume that this bug is present at all country settings which do not use the English date format as default.

Idea to improve the UI: What I miss is the possibility not only to select a date but also a time.
For example:
it is Thursday 11pm and I want to now what is on TV on Friday 08:15am.
I start IP-EPG
I choose Friday (TGIF)
Now I'm on Friday 11pm and I have to hit the navigation button ">" very often until I'm on Friday 08:15am

Solution: Add an Option "Select Time"; Pop up a List which contains "0:00;1:00;2:00;...;23:00" (for German setting ;))

regards
bta

Toengel
09-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Hi bta,

I added this in my bug list: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2223-Important-Bugs-which-need-to-be-fixed-in-2010-firmware-(TV550R1)

Toengel@Alex

Lassy
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Within a few weeks we will release IP-EPG for NL. :)

Is there an update on when we can IP-EPG expect to be working?

Erikrijnders
10-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Is there an update on when we can IP-EPG expect to be working?

Indead, few weeks are over by now!

Toengel
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi,

I have a ERROR 500 at the moment on the IP-EPG... does somebody else has this problem, too?

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
10-04-2011, 06:40 PM
There is indeed a problem with the IP-EPG.
It will be fixed within 15 minutes.
Turn your TV off and on to restore the IP-EPG.

Lassy
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM

When will it be "fixed" for The Netherlands (DVB-C/Ziggo)? It was supposed to be activated last month.
Sorry for asking it again but you might have missed my (and Erik's) reply as you did answer Toengel's question straight away.

Philips - Mark
10-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Expanding IP-EPG for the DVB-C users in the Netherlands will create a huge extra demand.
To be on the safe side, we decided to expand the capacity of our systems first.
This is done, we are in the final testing phase.
When all test results are OK, we get the “go” turn it on.

Toengel
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM

Hi,

is this already fixed? Is it sufficient to switch off to standby or do I need to hard switch off the TV?

Toengel@Alex

kembser
10-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi,

for me IP-EPG still doesn't work correctly. PIP disappeared on my 7605H/12. The first page of channels with their programs appears, but it is impossible to scroll or to go to another page.

I already cleared NetTV history and switched off the TV.

Erikrijnders
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Expanding IP-EPG for the DVB-C users in the Netherlands will create a huge extra demand.

Thanks for all the responding! This is what we want on this forum! In the past there was no communication at all an thats frustrating. So a thanks for that!

Chrissie18
10-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Thanks for all the responding! This is what we want on this forum! In the past there was no communication at all an thats frustrating. So a thanks for that!

I agree! And also compliments for providing that feedback.... ;)

Dutchtronic
10-06-2011, 06:55 AM
........ This is what we want on this forum! In the past there was no communication at all an thats frustrating.........

Hi Erik,

My experience in this forum shows that Philips communicates very well (bearing in mind that it was set up as a user-to-user forum) but, I must say, in the past you also have not always been communicating very "friendly" towards them, so I guess this also reflected in their communication towards you. We all should treat others here like we want to be treated ourselfs.....

So far, a lot of my questions/issues with my TV has been solved by reading this forum thanks to all posters and Philips. So guys (girls?), keep up the good work!

Erikrijnders
10-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi Erik,

My experience in this forum shows that Philips communicates very well (bearing in mind that it was set up as a user-to-user forum) but, I must say, in the past you also have not always been communicating very "friendly" towards them, so I guess this also reflected in their communication towards you. We all should treat others here like we want to be treated ourselfs.....

So far, a lot of my questions/issues with my TV has been solved by reading this forum thanks to all posters and Philips. So guys (girls?), keep up the good work!

I am on this forum for a year now and I had every reason to tread Philips like I did. Not reaction on things that customers are angry about is the worst you can do. And no, Philips didnot react in the past on nothing. Nowadays (last few months) this is a lot better!

Chrissie18
10-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I am on this forum for a year now and I had every reason to tread Philips like I did. Not reaction on things that customers are angry about is the worst you can do. And no, Philips didnot react in the past on nothing. Nowadays (last few months) this is a lot better!
I really don't hope you react the same to the company's that don't answer your open job applications... :D

Toengel
10-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi,

well guys... back to the topic... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
You're right...
Just got a new replacement TV (as mine has to wait for the spare parts) and it is a 7695.
Just tried:
Program Guide just gets me to NetTV (I did not register this tv, so that could be the case)
the red button gets me to the rerun app for that channel (after selecting the correct channel in the tvtv guide)

No connection problems at all, but also no program guide at al...

Paulw
10-31-2011, 11:40 AM

Hi Mark,

I understand from your post that IP-EPG should be available by now in the Netherlands in combination with Ziggo. Is this correct? Can I just switch it on in the menu, or do I need to wait for a software update (running version 40)

Paul

Philips - Mark
10-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Paul,

Sorry, IP-EPG for DVB-C users in NL still not activated . I'll announce it when activated.

Delta
11-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi Paul,

Sorry, IP-EPG for DVB-C users in NL still not activated . I'll announce it when activated.

Mark,

Can you give us a status update about this? We're all desperately waiting.

Thanks.

bta
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi together,

at my TV-set 7605h/12 @ fw 140.40 the problem described by smart in may is back:

Great! I like the new Look & Feel! I think it is a real improvement.

When poking around, I had the problem to get back to the main screen when I selected one particular broadcast from the main list view. I see details on the broadcast, can switch to the channel but when I push the back key on the remote, it shows me the currently selected channel instead of the main list view.

Is this a local problem at my tv-set or can anybody confirm such a problem.

thanks in advance
bta

Erikrijnders
12-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Mark,

Can you give us a status update about this? We're all desperately waiting.

Thanks.

Indeed waited long enough by now!

Delta
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Indeed waited long enough by now!

Don't expect any true answer from Philips. They left us with this one. A working IP-EPG for the 2010 television models will never come. This is confirmed by Customer support from Philips. The lack of support is very disappointing. Costumer support even broke the connection when I referred to this thread.

They will never put money in a product that is already replaced by a new model (and probably only months away from the next model)

Shame on you Philips!

Erikrijnders
12-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Don't expect any true answer from Philips. They left us with this one. A working IP-EPG for the 2010 television models will never come. This is confirmed by Customer support from Philips. The lack of support is very disappointing. Costumer support even broke the connection when I referred to this thread.

They will never put money in a product that is already replaced by a new model (and probably only months away from the next model)

Shame on you Philips!
Customer support had no knowlodge at all on this subject.

The IP-EPG with Ziggo in the Netherlands for the 2010-models is in the finalising fase (test-fase). It is already programmed!!!! So out question: when is the test final and will it be released ???

smart
12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Hi together,

at my TV-set 7605h/12 @ fw 140.40 the problem described by smart in may is back:

Is this a local problem at my tv-set or can anybody confirm such a problem.

thanks in advance
bta

Hi bta,

I can confirm this on my 42PFL7695K/02 with firmware 0.140.0.0. I do not think this is a firmware root cause, this should be the server side part.

@Philips: Please fix this again. Don't have the possibility to switch back again, makes the EPG really bad in usability.

Delta
12-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Customer support had no knowlodge at all on this subject.

The IP-EPG with Ziggo in the Netherlands for the 2010-models is in the finalising fase (test-fase). It is already programmed!!!! So out question: when is the test final and will it be released ???

Still nothing from Philips... There were in final testing, more than 2 months! ago, yet nobody from Philips is giving answers here on the forum.

Philips - Mark
12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
IP-EPG is now active for Dutch cable users.

Erikrijnders
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Great! Thank you Philips for this effort en support!

Toengel
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Erik,

just one word - the IP-EPG always corresponds to the "overall channel list" - so if you are using an other list, the IP-EPG is a little bit "mixed-up". However, you can avoid this by moving all your favorite channels to the top of the overall list...

Toengel@Alex

bta
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi bta,

I can confirm this on my 42PFL7695K/02 with firmware 0.140.0.0. I do not think this is a firmware root cause, this should be the server side part.

@Philips: Please fix this again. Don't have the possibility to switch back again, makes the EPG really bad in usability.

Hi smart,

thx for confirmation. Since Toengel has not this problem I first thought this problem is only at my side because I just have changed my channel list just before the problem came up. But now you confirm it and I see you have also a 7xx5 TV. Perhaps this a combination of something running at IP-EPG server and a specialty of the 7xx5 SW.

regards
bta

Erikrijnders
12-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi Erik,

just one word - the IP-EPG always corresponds to the "overall channel list" - so if you are using an other list, the IP-EPG is a little bit "mixed-up". However, you can avoid this by moving all your favorite channels to the top of the overall list...

Toengel@Alex

Some channels donot give program info and are not connected to the system:

RTL Lounge
RTL Crime (NL)
TV OOST
Nieuws24
Politiek24
101TV

etc.... I would think this was solved too...

PS Do others have problem with the HD-channels. e.g. SBS 6 HD. I Donot get a channelpicture and program info!

smart
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Hello,

the not working back key in IP-EPG is still there after updating to newest firmware.

smart
12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I cleared NetTV cache and history, but this did not help to solve the problem.

What a pain to redo the app placement. Per default, there are so many links to MySpass now. One app for nearly each kind of broadcast. This is not necessary and is a little spam.

Would be great to store the apps with the Philips id. Then the app placement could be restored from the web.

Chrissie18
12-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Some channels donot give program info and are not connected to the system:

[...]

PS Do others have problem with the HD-channels. e.g. SBS 6 HD. I Donot get a channelpicture and program info!

I can confirm that.
There are more (Dutch) channels that do not show an icon. I have a 'loaner' 7xx6 Tv, and they are missing also.
I did noticed that - from the start of the installation - I had the IP-EPG, but just a couple of days before the anouncement of the IP-EPG it switched back to the 'old' table like DVB EPG...
Now it's the IP version again...

Chris.

Toengel
12-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Would be great to store the apps with the Philips id. Then the app placement could be restored from the web.

Hi smart,

if you are registering your TV while starting Net TV the first time the placement is stored! I'm wondering... I use the same login on my BDP and "My Apps" are restored from this ID...

Toengel@Alex

smart
12-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi smart,

if you are registering your TV while starting Net TV the first time the placement is stored! I'm wondering... I use the same login on my BDP and "My Apps" are restored from this ID...

Toengel@Alex

I had to reregister again after clearing cache and history ...

I also got a mail sent to complete my registration. Although I entered my old password and login mail address.

Toengel
12-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi,

yeah - I also had to confirm my "re-login" by clicking the link in the mail. But after that the order and my apps were restored...

Hmm - thinking about that... I think, it's not a good system. If I'm already registered there shouldn't be an additional confirmation step...

Toengel@Alex

bta
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi smart,

I know this problem with the apps after clear NetTV cache and re-register.
What helped for me is the following:
1.) clear Net TV cache
2.) start NetTV
3.) re-register (with the same ID as before)
4.) complete Ristration and have some trouble with Club Philips ;-)
5.) Apps are at default.
Now you have the problem reproduced.
To solve it, I did the following:
6.) switch of the TV and wait some minutes to be sure that everything has gone down
7.) start the TV and wait again some minutes to be sure that everything came up
8.) start NetTV - and that are back just if nothing happen.

regards
bta

bta
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi smart once again,

yesterday I have installed the new FW 140.44
and today I have started IP-EPG as usual.
I takes very long to load - the running dots are displayed but at the end IP-EPG came up.
And now - gues what - the problem with the back button is gone.

It's a kind of magic, ...

regards
bta

smart
12-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi bta,

Great to hear, that it works for you. I saw it yesterday, that the screen was black and it took long to load. But it is not solved on my side. Still see it now. Maybe I should contact support.

Erikrijnders
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
SBS HD doesnot show Icon and no program info with SBS, Veronica en NET5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No match with:
RTL Lounge (The channel is not in the list and RTL PLUS is shown as program info, cannot be restored be the user!!!!!)
RTL Crime
TVOost
Politiek 24
Nieuws24
Syfy (NL-version!)
Humor24
101TV
Consumenten24
Film1, Film 2, Film 1 Action etc.
Eredivisie Live 1 t/m 4

When can this be matches?? Why arenot the channels and the info there ????????????????

smart
12-13-2011, 06:49 PM
@bta: your suggested was worksd for me. It even restored the very old version, not the one from yesterday.

Freddy
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I just wanted to say thanks (for a change ;)) to Philips, for giving us that beautiful tvtv-guide back again! :) I tried it yesterday, and so far everything worked great for me! So... thanks!

Philips
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
I just wanted to say thanks (for a change ;)) to Philips, for giving us that beautiful tvtv-guide back again! :) I tried it yesterday, and so far everything worked great for me! So... thanks!

Thanks Freddy, we appreciate that! :D

Rgrdz,
JuAn

Pa86
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Shame on you Philips!

@Delta, they just enabled IP-EPG for NL, time for apologies?

miro9000
12-14-2011, 02:54 PM
SBS HD doesnot show Icon and no program info with SBS, Veronica en NET5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No match with:
RTL Lounge (The channel is not in the list and RTL PLUS is shown as program info, cannot be restored be the user!!!!!)
RTL Crime
TVOost
Politiek 24
Nieuws24
Syfy (NL-version!)
Humor24
101TV
Consumenten24
Film1, Film 2, Film 1 Action etc.
Eredivisie Live 1 t/m 4

When can this be matches?? Why arenot the channels and the info there ????????????????
Same problem in Spain since the beginning of the IP-EPG. Almost half of the channels are missing. they are ordinary dvb-t channels.
The solution is easy, no upgrades, neither complicated software developments, just willingness on the part of Phillips for their costumers.

Toengel
12-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi,

does TVTV provide these channel information on their normal website?

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
12-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi,

does TVTV provide these channel information on their normal website?

Toengel@Alex

It is easy to refer to third parties..... No, not all these channels are on there site. I think tvtv should worry, because they are not complete. How can Philips offer a guide thats not complete.

SBS, NET5 and Veronica are on the website, still no info on IP-EPG!!!!!! When choosing these channels (e.g. SBS 6 HD)

Toengel
12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi,

all I want to say is, if some channels are missing in the normal website, they won't be available on the TV (since the IP-EPG is based on data delived by TVTV).

But you are right, the channels which are on the website and are not in the IP-EPG should be available in the IP-EPG.

Toengel@Alex

Delta
12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
@Delta, they just enabled IP-EPG for NL, time for apologies?

You’re totally right.
Before I apologies, I think this will have to come from both sides
It's sad to see there was never an apology from Philips for keeping us waiting for more than a year for this service.
It is still not working correct. Hopefully this will be solved in a very near future (not another year).

Edit:

Removed apologies, because Philips failed again in ‘costumer relationship’ (not answering questions, faulty software update e.g.).

I'm a man of my word, but Philips will need to be the first to apology, then it absolutely is my turn.

Philips...
Your turn!

Erikrijnders
12-16-2011, 05:05 PM
You’re totally right.
Before I apologies, I think this will have to come from both sides
It's sad to see there was never an apology from Philips for keeping us waiting for more than a year for this service.
It is still not working correct. Hopefully this will be solved in a very near future (not another year).

As a man of his words
I hereby offer my apologies.
Indeed loads of channels cannot be matched because tvtv doesnot have them in the database!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SBS. NET5 and Veronica are in the database but do not give any info!

Philips do something about this.

Niels
12-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Indeed loads of channels cannot be matched because tvtv doesnot have them in the database!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SBS. NET5 and Veronica are in the database but do not give any info!

Philips do something about this.

Erik, last week there was a lot of program info missing, but as from today all 'dutch' channel information is available again. I do not know whether TVTV or Philips has arranged this.

PS: On the TVTV website there is a disclaimer that dutch law prevents them to publish some information. I didnt pay much attention to it, as long as my IP-EPG is working again!

Kind regards
Niels Geerts

Erikrijnders
12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Erik, last week there was a lot of program info missing, but as from today all 'dutch' channel information is available again. I do not know whether TVTV or Philips has arranged this.

PS: On the TVTV website there is a disclaimer that dutch law prevents them to publish some information. I didnt pay much attention to it, as long as my IP-EPG is working again!

Kind regards
Niels Geerts
Still no logo's/icons with the HD-version of SCBS6, NET5 and veronica en please read the e-mail I sent to TVTV (in Dutch(. I think al lot of work has to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This e-mail was sent by me (in Dutch) to TVTV. Philips, do something about this together with tvtv and make the IP-EPG usable by getting the act together and making sure ALL program info of ALL DUTCH CHANNELS are available. Donot give us a service that is not usable!
================================================== ==

Hallo!

Mijn televisie heeft IP-EPG van Philips met de gegevens van TVTV. Ik heb daarover VEEL klachten en wel de volgende:
- Geen logo's bij SBS6 HD, NET5HD en Veronica HD.
- Geen programmainfo bij SBS6, NET5 en Veronica en daar weer wel logo's

De volgende kanalen zitten nog steeds niet in jullie support:
- Syfy Universal (Nederlandse versie van Ziggo)
- Foxlife (Nederland)
- RTL Crime (Nederlandse versie)
- RTL Lounge
- Regionale zenders zoals TV OOST etc
- Eredivisie Live 1, 2 , 3 en 4
- Alle 24-zenders van de Publieke Omroep, zoals Humor24, Politiek 24, Nieuws24, 101TV
- Pebbles TV is een nederlandse zender, staat niet op de kaart!!!
- Kitchen 24 is een nederlandse zender, staat er niet bij
- Film1, Film1 Action etc staat er niet bij
- Sport1 etc staat er niet bij

Wat gaan jullie hier op korte termijn aan doen zodat alle programmainfo van bovenstaande zenders beschikbaar komt ??????????????

Mvrgr.,

Erik Rijnders

Niels
12-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Still no logo's/icons with the HD-version of SCBS6, NET5 and veronica en please read the e-mail I sent to TVTV (in Dutch(. I think al lot of work has to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<part of quote removed>

Erik Rijnders

OK, you are a lot more demanding than I am. I am already satisfied with the program info of about 10 channels (I do not watch more other channels). IP-EPG is nice to have for most users. I think Philips has to give priority to the MUST HAVE specifications of this TV.
A workaround might be to select the non-HD version of SBS instead of SBS-HD to have a logo (and still watch in HD)?

Regards,
Niels

Erikrijnders
12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
OK, you are a lot more demanding than I am. I am already satisfied with the program info of about 10 channels (I do not watch more other channels). IP-EPG is nice to have for most users. I think Philips has to give priority to the MUST HAVE specifications of this TV.
A workaround might be to select the non-HD version of SBS instead of SBS-HD to have a logo (and still watch in HD)?

Regards,
Niels
As this info must come from TVTV, TVTV should provide this.

Erikrijnders
01-03-2012, 11:12 AM

This e-mail was sent by me (in Dutch) to TVTV. Philips, do something about this together with tvtv and make the IP-EPG usable by getting the act together and making sure ALL program info of ALL DUTCH CHANNELS are available. Donot give us a service that is not usable!
================================================== ==

Hallo!

Mijn televisie heeft IP-EPG van Philips met de gegevens van TVTV. Ik heb daarover VEEL klachten en wel de volgende:
- Geen logo's bij SBS6 HD, NET5HD en Veronica HD.
- Geen programmainfo bij SBS6, NET5 en Veronica en daar weer wel logo's

De volgende kanalen zitten nog steeds niet in jullie support:
- Syfy Universal (Nederlandse versie van Ziggo)
- Foxlife (Nederland)
- RTL Crime (Nederlandse versie)
- RTL Lounge
- Regionale zenders zoals TV OOST etc
- Eredivisie Live 1, 2 , 3 en 4
- Alle 24-zenders van de Publieke Omroep, zoals Humor24, Politiek 24, Nieuws24, 101TV
- Pebbles TV is een nederlandse zender, staat niet op de kaart!!!
- Kitchen 24 is een nederlandse zender, staat er niet bij
- Film1, Film1 Action etc staat er niet bij
- Sport1 etc staat er niet bij

Wat gaan jullie hier op korte termijn aan doen zodat alle programmainfo van bovenstaande zenders beschikbaar komt ??????????????

Mvrgr.,

Erik Rijnders

Please a reaction form Philips, what are you going to do about this??

TVTV doesnot react at all!! What a service!

Adamo
01-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi,

regards
bta

We fixed this one!

Hi,

The "back button" with IP-EPG doesn't work for me.
TV=32pfl9705H/12 - fw. 140.46

Sincerely,
Adamo

Toengel
01-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I read somewhere in the forum that downgrading to an older version and upgrading again worked for some people...

Toengel@Alex

Adamo
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi Toengel@Alex,

thank you for your suggestion, but I don't want to downgrade the firmware mainly because Philips doesn't support it.

Do you know some other way to solve this?

Thanks a lot,
Adamo

Toengel
01-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi,

only: call local Philips service...

Toengel@Alex

Adamo
01-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Oh, it's a bad news...

However, I'll see... thanks.

Adamo