PDA

View Full Version : Special recommendation on BDP5200!

Philips
05-05-2011, 12:55 PM
The new BDP5200 provides everything you need from a modern Blu-Ray disk player.

• 3D
• DLNA
• WIFI
• DivX-HD
• It supports the VideoStores in Net TV.
• It has Net TV with real fast response! (A serious speed improvement!)
• It supports any USB (wireless) keyboard!

All this for a very interesting price!

Muccie
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Nice, but why does it come with a "2009" style remote control ?

Carin
05-06-2011, 06:10 AM
a wireless keyboard will be real nice!
and i particularly like it can be controlled by an iphone.

Muccie
05-06-2011, 07:39 AM
If you use an iPhone/iPad/iPod and have the Philips app, you do not need a separate USB keyboard, since the app provides that function as well (but of course it is a touch-type "keyboard", not with "real" keys).

Toengel
05-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi,

and an Android App will come "soon"... I'd like to have an App for Windows Phone 7...

Toengel@Alex

Corneel
05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Wireless keyboards are not expensive anymore, it starts with 10 euro's !
Check here: http://www.beslist.nl/products/r/wireless+keyboard/?sortby=price_min
Good of Philips to keep in universal, cheap solutions are available!

Der_Dicke
05-09-2011, 03:40 PM
• It supports any USB (wireless) keyboard!

That's definitely nice!
Question: will it be possible to connect the keyboard via USB hub so that other USB devices can be used in parallel? (e.g. HDD)

Another question:
Can Net TV contents be displayed in HD?

a_Tom
05-10-2011, 06:43 AM
That's definitely nice!
Question: will it be possible to connect the keyboard via USB hub so that other USB devices can be used in parallel? (e.g. HDD)

Another question:
Can Net TV contents be displayed in HD?

I tried Keyboard, Mouse and USB Stick with a non powered USB Hub and that works.
However on the USB Stick it took a couple of seconds till it was recognized.

I guess the best would be to use a powered USB Hub, course there will be no Support for USB Hubs but, it works, at least for me.

For the Content on net TV im not sure what exactly you mean.

Der_Dicke
05-10-2011, 07:33 AM

What I meant here:
somewhere in another forum a user complained about Net TV contents not beeing displayed in HD, eg YouTube

a_Tom
05-10-2011, 08:31 AM
It is true that you can not select f.e. in Youtube which Resolution you want to have, but the Content will be shown with the Best Resolution available.

for Catch up TV i had the Impression that it will be shown in HD by default (ZDF Mediathek) but there is again no Option to turn it off or on

Der_Dicke
05-10-2011, 08:43 AM
I tried Keyboard, Mouse and USB Stick with a non powered USB Hub and that works.
However on the USB Stick it took a couple of seconds till it was recognized.

I guess the best would be to use a powered USB Hub, course there will be no Support for USB Hubs but, it works, at least for me.

a_tom, since you are from Germany, too, you might also be able to answer this question:
Is the keyboard layout configurable (QWERTZ/QWERTY)?

thanks so far for all your support!
Cheers

a_Tom
05-10-2011, 09:12 AM
so far its qwerty. i did not see any option to change that neither in NetTV or in the Players menu

forfaitair
05-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Since there isn't a BDP7600 support topic. Here is my question.

Today I've got the BDP7600 with Net TV, but in Net TV "Uitzending Gemist" is missing (dutch verison). Besides this all the other apps are the same as in Net TV on the television.

On the place where "Uitzending Gemist" used to be now is Videoland. Does anyone know if there's a solution to get "Uitzending Gemist" as well?

jvpeters
05-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi, you can ask this question in blu-ray product support forum > 7000 series. Higher chance to get this answered by other users

Toengel
05-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi,

or one Moderator could split this thread and move it to the corresponding forum;)

Toengel@Alex

forfaitair
05-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi, you can ask this question in blu-ray product support forum > 7000 series. Higher chance to get this answered by other users

The BDP5200 is the most similar product at this time... Same 2011 BDP range.

Maybe somebody with a BDP5200 or a BDP7600 can check on Net TV (Netherlands) if they can find "Uitzending Gemist" with the following picture.

http://www.dejaap.nl/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/uitzendinggemist.jpg

kwinnie
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM
To my knowledge this NET TV service has been disabled temporarily. The new firmware for bdp5200 resumes the ATRE & VIDEOLAND. But Uitzending Gemist is still a problem. Guess this will be solved by FW release as well. Not sure.

Quoted from the release note of new BDP5200 FW:
Fixes the following issues:
o Improve playback in CatchUp TV Services:
‘ATRE’ service for Germany & Austria.
o Improve playback in VideoStore Services using ASF streams.
‘VIDEOLAND’ for Netherlands – Please reset to default setting in order to enable
this function after software upgrade. Go to ‘Setup’, ‘Advance’, ‘Restore default
settings’ and press ‘OK’.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/catalog/fragments/support/software_related_document_display.jsp?docType=FUS&country=GB&languageCode=ENG&ctn=BDP5200%2F05&catalogType=CONSUMER&language=en&selRelDocType=FHI&relatedDocTypes=FHI%2CFIN%2CFUR&proxybuster=EF79D28DE6F7ADE302421C5CD7CE6028.app10 1-drp4