PDA

View Full Version : WIFI Philips to Mac

Casper
08-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Today I bought a USB device for my philips TV to activate NET TV.
I managed to activate NET TV but a connection to my mac is not possible.

I would like to be able to wirelessly stream my macbook photo and video content to my TV.

Has anyone found mac software to do that?

JohnnyQ
08-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi Casper,

I am not a MAC user, but if you Google on “DLNA & MAC” you find lots of information.
This site shows a nice list of streaming server software; there are several free options for MAC.
http://www.rbgrn.net/content/21-how-to-choose-dlna-media-server-windows-mac-os-x-or-linux
I am a TVersity user. TVersity is not MAC compatible.
Succes!

Tim
08-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi Casper,

I bought a 9000 series net tv today and have the same objective, however I'm going to try via connecting the TV to the home network, then try to look it up in the mac.. maybe that works.

pdegrijp
10-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Casper,

You can use a Media Server on your Mac to stream video and photo's to your Philips TV. Software which you can use is Twonky (http://www.twonky.com/products/twonkyserver/default.aspx).

I am also trying to accomplish this, but I have the problem that when I am using Twonky (or another Media Server) that the Philips TV is not playing all media formats. When I would use Window Media Server, then the TV does play almost everything.

The reason for this is that Windows Media Server is transcoding movies to the Phlips TV in another movie codec.

Does anyone knows a good Media Server for the Mac that also transcodes all the non-readable movie formats of a Philips Television?

Paul

drpetje
10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Try Isedora , it does transcoding so you are able to watch everything.

www.isedora.com

It let you play for an hour, so you can test all the functionality.
Every time you restart it can be used for an hour until you register.

Cheers,
Peter

pdegrijp
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Isedora works pretty good, however, sometimes my philips TV 37pfl8605 just crashes when selecting "browse computer" on the main screen. The philips software really is instable.

Best regards,
Paul

Perry
10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Today I bought a USB device for my philips TV to activate NET TV.
I managed to activate NET TV but a connection to my mac is not possible.

I would like to be able to wirelessly stream my macbook photo and video content to my TV.

Has anyone found mac software to do that?

You have to install an application on your Mac of a type called DLNA server.

I use "PS3 Media Server" (free) This app is actually dedicated to Sony Playstation 3 but it will work with your TV too.
The app will fail to detect a PS3 (unless you own a PS3 too and switch it on). The only side effect is that the application will not keep your Mac awake so it will hibernate after the timeout and loose connection. (I assume you have factory power management settings on your Mac) You will have to temporary disable the hibernation of your Mac

Alternatively you install VirtualBox (free) and run a virtualised version of Windows (not free) and use a very good program called TVersity (free). You need to set your Windows network configuration in VirtualBox to Bridged mode for any DLNA client ( like you TV ) to 'see' the DLNA server ( TVersity ) on your virtual Windows.

pdegrijp
10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
After reinstalling all channels and upgrading to the latest firmware the TV does not crash anymore when I go the "browse my PC".

Isedora works pretty good. Only subtitles and fast forward does not work 100%.