PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Program Guide (EPG) accessibility overview.

Philips
05-09-2011, 11:10 AM
The availability of the program guide provided via IP (IP-EPG) is depending on:
- your location,
- the TV model,
- TV-tuner used.

For IP-EPG, an internet connection must be provided.
This IP-EPG availability matrix gives an overview on availability:

When using digital cable, the Program Guide of the cable company (DVB-EPG) can be selected.

When watching via a settop-box, EPG is (usually) provided via the settop-box.

Dec-2011: Update for the Netherlands: read here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3616-IP-EPG-now-active-for-Duch-cable-users!&p=19375&viewfull=1#post19375).

Toengel
05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi,

will IP-EPG be EVER available for 2010 TV models in the future?

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi,

will IP-EPG be EVER available for 2010 TV models in the future?

Toengel@Alex

I'm interested too, if there is no mandatory confirmation that there will be an update to archieve this feature in DVB-S on my model 46PFL9705K i send the TV back and buy another manufacturer!

Erikrijnders
05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I donot understand this. I have Ziggo CI+ DVB-C in the Netherlands. So I cannot get the IP-EPG ????
For what reason ???? Ziggo is not the one that can make out if i can get the IP-EPG or not ???

Above it does work with the 2011-models with Ziggo en CI+ DVB-C !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I see that in all other contries it works too on the 2010 models.

So why cannot the 2010-models have IP-EPG. Philips, this is not right. I paid for this feature on my tv and I expect it to be there (like on all other models you produce).

Please explain, I donot understand this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahasver
05-09-2011, 06:55 PM
How is the availability by location (country) determined? By IP-accessing? By NIT found in channel search? Or by Country settings used in channel search? 'cause in my case I'm located in Germany and did a channel search for Germany. And if I reregister with club philips after clearing internet cache I'm guided to something like philips.co.uk So may be Philips is assuming I'm in UK and so denying access to IP-EPG?

Huub
05-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I agree with the posts above. I've just installed a CI+ module and now I really miss my IP-EPG.
The IP-EPG looked so good since the last update. It gives a good quality feeling. A real show-off to my friends.
Now we're left with a stupid, ugly and VERY BASIC EPG.

Very sorry to say, but you're not make friends here...

Greetz,
Huub

p.s. think about it!

32PFL8605H

Chrissie18
05-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Another question: If it is Internet-based, what is then the difference between the TV signal?!
Why does the EPG work for the same channels if I watch them analogue, but doesn't if I watch them digitally via the cable?!
Greets,
Chris (40pfl9705)

Erikrijnders
05-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I think Ziggo is the bottle neck! This cannot be true!!!!! Ziggo cannot make out what my tv can do or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Philips explain why on earth there is a difference between countries, why IP-EPG doesnot work with a CI+-module and ZIggo (DVB-C). I cannot find a reason (OR CAN ZIGGO MAKE THIS OUT, I DONOT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I spend a lot of money for this TV and I expect the same features as in all other countries!!!!!!!!!!!
There cannot be a difference.

carlosfm
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
I have a 37PFL7605H/12, does my TV have a DVB-S tuner?
Strange, I thought it only had DVB-T and DVB-C tuners...

Ontracker
05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I have a 37PFL7605H/12, does my TV have a DVB-S tuner?
Strange, I thought it only had DVB-T and DVB-C tuners...

As far as i know XXXXXXXXXH means no -S-tuner, XXXXXXXXXK means -S-tuner included

Philips
05-10-2011, 11:30 AM
I donot understand this. I have Ziggo CI+ DVB-C in the Netherlands. So I cannot get the IP-EPG ????
For what reason ???? Ziggo is not the one that can make out if i can get the IP-EPG or not ???

Above it does work with the 2011-models with Ziggo en CI+ DVB-C !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I see that in all other contries it works too on the 2010 models.

So why cannot the 2010-models have IP-EPG. Philips, this is not right. I paid for this feature on my tv and I expect it to be there (like on all other models you produce).

Please explain, I donot understand this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your TV is Ziggo certified. In line with Ziggo requirements it supports the Ziggo program guide.

Ontracker
05-10-2011, 11:51 AM
No answer on my question above by Philips? One customer less....

petasis
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Dear Philips,

Good to know about the IP-EPG. Can you also provide the table for DVB-T EPG?

(Of course, it would have been better if these tables were available *before* we buy our TVs...)

Erikrijnders
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Your TV is Ziggo certified. In line with Ziggo requirements it supports the Ziggo program guide.

Nope, Ziggo cannot force me to use their guide. Furthermore their guide doesnot come via IP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this reason is total bullshit. Philips please come with better answers than this, becaouse this makes me even angrier int he way I am treated as a customer of PHILIPS (AND DAMN I DID BUY A PHILIPS-TV, NOT A ZIGGO-TV!!!! Ziggo is not the one who paid for my tv, so Philips, come with a better explenation or make sure that ALL Ziggo customers can use the new IP-EPG !!!!!!!!!!

It cannot be true that Ziggo van force me to use a basic EPG, where I paid for the IP-EPG of Philips. SO PHILIPS FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carlosfm
05-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Gents, you can configure your TV to get EPG from the channel providers or from the "internet" (IP-EPG).
There's no IP-EPG for my country (Portugal) but EPG works on the DVB-T channels.
Very crude, but it works...

lobota
05-10-2011, 04:09 PM

Does this mean that we should have bought a 'non-ZIGGO-certified' model in order to get more function??

Erikrijnders
05-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Does this mean that we should have bought a 'non-ZIGGO-certified' model in order to get more function??

Thats what Philips says... this is total bull-shit. Ziggo Certified doesnot mean that Ziggo can say what MY tv can do or not. I paid for the IP EPG of Philips and like ALL OTHER CUSTOMERS I demand this from Philips..

hippie67
05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Nope, Ziggo cannot force me to use their guide. Furthermore their guide doesnot come via IP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this reason is total bullshit. Philips please come with better answers than this, becaouse this makes me even angrier int he way I am treated as a customer of PHILIPS (AND DAMN I DID BUY A PHILIPS-TV, NOT A ZIGGO-TV!!!! Ziggo is not the one who paid for my tv, so Philips, come with a better explenation or make sure that ALL Ziggo customers can use the new IP-EPG !!!!!!!!!!
It cannot be true that Ziggo van force me to use a basic EPG, where I paid for the IP-EPG of Philips. SO PHILIPS FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mister "CAPS LOCK and EXCLAMATION mark", maybe you are not aware, but Ziggo also decides which channels you can see, so that is also Philips to blaim? Stop using ZIGGO then, instead of blaiming Philips all the time! In the overview you can see what to use to get it all..... Maybe then you will also have your much wanted NOW/NEXT feature :p

Huub
05-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey mister "CAPS LOCK and EXCLAMATION mark", maybe you are not aware, but Ziggo also decides which channels you can see, so that is also Philips to blaim? Stop using ZIGGO then, instead of blaiming Philips all the time! In the overview you can see what to use to get it all..... Maybe then you will also have your much wanted NOW/NEXT feature :p

Hi Hippie,

I do not agree. It would be stunning if a cable provider (Ziggo, or in my case UPC with CI+) determines which functions a TV manufacturer is allowed to offer. Allthough the certification is with Ziggo or UPC, and not with Philips.
On the other hand, I see no reason why Ziggo or UPC would demand not offering IP-EPG. You would only get angry reactions as posted above. The standard EPG is way to basic.

BUT....

Examining the table in the first post, I think this is all about marketing from Philips. Just look at the situation in the Netherlands. Buy a 2011 model and the problem is solved!

Greetings,
Huub

Erikrijnders
05-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi Hippie,

I do not agree. It would be stunning if a cable provider (Ziggo, or in my case UPC with CI+) determines which functions a TV manufacturer is allowed to offer. Allthough the certification is with Ziggo or UPC, and not with Philips.
On the other hand, I see no reason why Ziggo or UPC would demand not offering IP-EPG. You would only get angry reactions as posted above. The standard EPG is way to basic.

BUT....

Examining the table in the first post, I think this is all about marketing from Philips. Just look at the situation in the Netherlands. Buy a 2011 model and the problem is solved!

Greetings,
Huub

And that's strange too, because these tv's are Ziggo certified too!!! So Philips come with a better explanation. And I agree. Ziggo or UPC cannot determine what tv manufacturers can offer or not. And in the end I am the consumer of a Philips-product a bought WITH ip-EPG. I bought this function so I demand this function. Ziggo cannot prohibit this AT ALL.

Erikrijnders
05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Well, reaction off Philips ??????????? Please.....

Joop
05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I have requested a valid answer from Ziggo demanding them to change this situation. If they are not willing to do so, this is definitely a reason to find another TV provider. May be Tele2 is the better option then. Thank god, we have a choice nowadays...

Muccie
05-12-2011, 12:37 PM
@Erikrijnders: this missing EPG thing is kind of the same as the missing Now-and-Next function: when I bought my set, it had this Now-and-Next function. A firmware later Philips in their ultimate wisdom decided to remove. NEVER ever did they come with an explanation for this, there are onlyx rumors that it had to do with Philps not wanting to pay fee's. Remember: I bought a TV with this function and Philips removed it...... It is that Philips has Ambilight, otherwise I would have ditched my set. Not because it is bad, but because Philips does not like to live up to their old slogan "Let's make things better". I am writing with Philips now for many, many months a small issue with a Philips HTS, must be dead easy for them to solve it (because also THAT was a functionallity, removed after upgrading the firmware of the TV !!): no reaction. Maybe we should write them in Chinese nowadays to get them moving and listening to their customers....

Huub
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
@Erikrijnders: this missing EPG thing is kind of the same as the missing Now-and-Next function: when I bought my set, it had this Now-and-Next function. A firmware later Philips in their ultimate wisdom decided to remove. NEVER ever did they come with an explanation for this, there are onlyx rumors that it had to do with Philps not wanting to pay fee's. Remember: I bought a TV with this function and Philips removed it...... It is that Philips has Ambilight, otherwise I would have ditched my set. Not because it is bad, but because Philips does not like to live up to their old slogan "Let's make things better". I am writing with Philips now for many, many months a small issue with a Philips HTS, must be dead easy for them to solve it (because also THAT was a functionallity, removed after upgrading the firmware of the TV !!): no reaction. Maybe we should write them in Chinese nowadays to get them moving and listening to their customers....

Well, the new Philips slogan is "SENSE AND SIMPLICITY". I guess "SIMPLICITY" stands for remove as much functions as possible...
When I bought my TV they advertised with widgets. A sort of NetTV while watching TV (picture in picture). It never made it...

Recently they upgraded the IP-EPG. It looked great and worked fine. Now it's gone for DVB-users.

I would like to say to Philips: please use your common "SENSE" and gives us back what we payed for!

Greetings,
Huub

Toengel
05-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi,

please explain what you mean with that IP-EPG is gone for DVB users?

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
05-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi,

please explain what you mean with that IP-EPG is gone for DVB users?

Toengel@Alex

We did above, or is this chinese to you ??? We have CI+ and Ziggo (DVB-C) in the Netherlands en Philips doesnot provide us the IP-EPG because ZIGGO doensot want it ????? I cannot believe what I am reading!! Stange enough the 2011 Ziggo certified tv's DO HAVE IP_EPG!!! So Philips where is your reaction now ??? Or are you going to keep silence against angry customers ????? Give us what we paid for!!!!

Toengel
05-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi,

did it work with the old IP-EPG?

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
05-12-2011, 07:55 PM
@Erikrijnders:
You really should follow a course 'being polite'...
Or do you shout at everybody?

Muccie
05-13-2011, 07:29 AM
@Chrissie18 that is the effect the mystrious moves from Philips has on people.... The trouble again with Philips is, is that they do NOT react or explain WHY. That frustrates, at least me, a lot. I would call Philips the utter-impolite here: selling things, removing them afterwards and not the courtesey to "listen to the marktet". Let's hope the Chinese bring some sanity back....

Erikrijnders
05-13-2011, 08:36 AM
@Erikrijnders:
You really should follow a course 'being polite'...
Or do you shout at everybody?

When Philips was polite to me and DID answer in a normal way like: we are working on this, maybe my reactions weren't so rude. But Phlips only reacts in: we hate customers and we are not willing to listen to them, only to a martketparty like Ziggo.... This angries me a lot, because I bought I Philips product, not a Ziggo product.

So Philips, give a proper reaction why :
1) Ziggo-customers with CI+ donot get the IP-EPG with the 2010-models
2) Why the 2011-model DOES have IP-EPG with CI+ and Ziggo
3) Why Philips DOES listen to Ziggo and NOT tot their customers wo bought the tv fron PHILIPS.

So give us what we paid for, and donot blame third parties.

PS Ziggo doesnot deliver IP-EPG, only EPG-info via Cable. So why is IP-EPG blocked in the first place ????

Huub
05-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Maybe this work around will work.

Look at the 10th post of this topic (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?660-EPG-not-working-%28network%29&highlight=Onsbrabantnet)

Chrissie18
05-16-2011, 07:41 AM
I do understand the frustrations, I really do.
But apparently it really doesn't matter how you communicate here... ;)

Erikrijnders
05-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Maybe this work around will work.

Look at the 10th post of this topic (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?660-EPG-not-working-%28network%29&highlight=Onsbrabantnet)
Are you joking???? Philips must get their act together. I donot want to go through all these steps to get what Philips should offer me.

Huub
05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Are you joking???? Philips must get their act together. I donot want to go through all these steps to get what Philips should offer me.

I agree that Philips shouldn't block the IP-EPG for any user. But in the meantime you can use the workaround.

upD8R
06-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Could anybody pls explain why DVB-S and new EPG in Germany works w/ 2011 models but not with 2010? It seems I missed something.

ahasver
06-16-2011, 03:42 AM
And does the IP-EPG work with other 2009 devices that still support Now/next like mine? I'd prefer a working IP-EPG over this Now/Next-Showing. This days the 2 years warranty for my device will expire - the last half a year without working IP-EPG even if in Excel sheet support is claimed for DVB-C and DVB-T-reception in my country - and the old version of IP-EPG did work until last November...
So I'm loosing my hope that Philips would do anything to solve outstanding IP-EPG-issues ... Cancelling of fixing software errors so early after offering newer product lines (last update in my case year about one after purchasing...) gives no advise in buying a Philips brand devices of 201x-Product line...

Erikrijnders
06-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I now have an official word from Philips why IP EPG with CI+ and Ziggo/UPC doesnot work in the Netherlands: Ziggo demands it for the certification. So??? Ziggo can say what I can do or not with my tv? Is Philips joking? Philips DOES listen to Ziggo and UPC and not to their consumer that bought the tv in the first place ???

The 2011-models with CI+ and Ziggo/UPC do have IP EPG. I mentioned this, but Philips-worker only laught and said for the 2010 models they weren't going to change this because this is part of an agreement with Ziggo!!!! So they are not willing to negotiate with Ziggo and UPC about this in order to do something for their customers!!! Is this a company that says sense ands simplicity ??? This makes no sense at all

PHILIPS ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!!!! Listen to your consumers instead and give them what they paid for. I donot want Ziggo to change anything to my tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissie18
06-16-2011, 08:16 PM
So, what about other Cable providers in NL? I'm not using Ziggo or UPC, but CaiWAY....
I find it a bit strange reason.

But actually, as I said before, I've turned of the IP-EPG. It was horribly slow and I only use it to see what's on at this moment, or what is the next on one of the channels. So hello basic DVB-EPG...
(and sometimes, I really get overwelmed and start up my Win MediaCenter with it's beautifull and gracefully animated Guide. What can life be beautiful... *Sigh*)

Toengel
06-16-2011, 08:20 PM
(and sometimes, I really get overwelmed and start up my Win MediaCenter with it's beautifull and gracefully animated Guide. What can life be beautiful... *Sigh*)

Hi,

I join you... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Alicia
06-16-2011, 09:38 PM
So, what about other Cable providers in NL? I'm not using Ziggo or UPC, but CaiWAY....
I find it a bit strange reason.
I am on the Glashart Media network via optical fibre. My ISP is XMS and I and also don't have a IP-EPG

Erikrijnders
07-22-2011, 09:32 PM

Please read what A Ziggo official is saying about this:

http://ziggo-gebruikers.nl/forum/showthread.php?p=349431#post349431

Post nr.9

I think Philips this means that you CAN change this and there are no requirements from Ziggo on this point at all only that the normal EPG from Ziggo can be selected and must be supported, but not as the only choice. IP-EPG must be a possibility to select and like this official says can co-exist on the 2010 models with CI+. There is no statement from Ziggo or what so ever that the IP-EPG must be blocked by Philips because of the certification, Ziggo states that IP-EPG can and must co-exist next to the Cable-EPG.

Erikrijnders
10-25-2011, 03:38 PM
The promised update for IP-EPG in the netherland (with CI+/Ziggo) is still not there. In august Philips said it was online in a few weeks... 8 weeks are gone now, when can we finally expect this?

Philips - Mark
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Erik,
We tested the IP-EPG and found out that the automatic channel mapping gave a poor performance at TV’s with the Ziggo channel list.
Reason: Ziggo has strange channel names, like “NED1HD”. Those channels are not recognized.
So we are updating our program list with the Ziggo channel names to have this improved.
All changes are performed with severe testing and lots of safety instructions.
That is what is causing the delay.

miro9000
10-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi Erik,
We tested the IP-EPG and found out that the automatic channel mapping gave a poor performance at TV’s with the Ziggo channel list.
Reason: Ziggo has strange channel names, like “NED1HD”. Those channels are not recognized.
So we are updating our program list with the Ziggo channel names to have this improved.

Congratulations, Netherlands. Now, Philips, please do the same for your spanishs costumers

Corneel
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Spanish DVB-C users should have IP-EPG access.

niv_bp
11-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi,
I have an 40PFL6606H/12 and I live in Israel.
I can see TV channels via the DVB-T but I can't see the program guide when i select it via the broadcast. why?

Erikrijnders
11-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi Erik,
How much delay from now on?? We are almost three weeks further now?!

Toengel
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi Eric,

please see: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3616-IP-EPG-now-active-for-Duch-cable-users!&p=19375#post19375

@Philips

Maybe you can edit the first post by mentioning the new thread with DVB-C in NL...

Toengel@Alex

Andfer
02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Spanish IP-EPG has a bug of +1 hour in all the programs.

jielse
03-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm trying to understand how IP-EPG works and it's dependencies. Q3-Q4 last year the IP-EPG from tvtv worked fine. Since then i can only see the broadcasted program guide.
Using the tvtv IP-EPG I thought it just identified the channels automatically or manually and linked to the tvtv database to get program info. Is this correct or is there also a dependency to the broadcasted tv info?
I have had a discussion with the local support but it is impossible to get a clear description.
Is there a difference how the gracenote IP-EPG works?

Regards,

jielse
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Anyone from Sweden, active in this forum, who can share some experiences from current use of IP-EPG?
Thanks

marco zagolin
05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Even if EPG works pretty well in my country,
I did find some missing and wrong network channel info on my 32PFL7607M 2011 tv series (14.96.0_bld27a software).
So I have compared the DVB EPG with the IP EPG info for the first,
most used, 32 channels and here are the results:
.................OK....wrong.....missing
DVB..........24.......1.............7
IP.............17.......5.............10
The problem is not about 7 or 10 missing info,
but for the 5 network wrong info which could be used to make wrong recordings.
Does someone know how to set the channels with wrong info in the IP EPG to 'Identify channel' status ?
In this way I could avoid wrong recordings.
Here are the statistics in csv format (open with excel):
Channel (Italia);From the broadcaster;OK;wrong;missing;From network;OK;wrong;missing
RAI 1;a sua immagine;1;;;a sua immagine;1;;
RAI 2;sereno variabile;1;;;sereno variabile;1;;
RAI 3;calcio;1;;;calcio;1;;
RETE 4;monk;1;;;monk;1;;
CANALE 5;verissimo;1;;;starter wife;;1;
ITALIA 1;spot - supercane;1;;;spot - supercane;1;;
LA7 ;jag;1;;;jag;1;;
MTV;teen mom;1;;;teen mom;1;;
DEEJAY;deejay hits;1;;;deejay hits;1;;
TELELOMBARDIA;n/a;;;1;shopping;1;;
ANTENNATRE;n/a;;;1;shopping;1;;
3CHANNEL;n/a;;;1;n/a;;;1
TELEREPORTER;shopping;1;;;n/a;;;1
TELENOVA;n/a;;;1;novastadio;1;;
TELECITY;n/a;;;1;n/a;;;1
RETE55;n/a;;;1;film;;1;
TELECOLOR;n/a;;;1;n/a;;;1
ESPANSIONE TV;k2;1;;;k2;1;;
RAI 4;farescape;1;;;farescape;1;;
IRIS;face;1;;;face;1;;
RAI 5;readship;1;;;real school(*);;1;
RAI MOVIE;avalanche;1;;;avalanche;1;;
RAI PREMIUM;commissario;1;;;n/a;;;1
CIELO;X factor;1;;;hell's kitchen;;;1
MSNBC;tre passi;1;;;n/a;;;1
TV2000;romanzo;1;;;romanzo;1;;
LA7D;unoduetre;1;;;barnaby(*);;1;
LA5;tempo delle mele;1;;;tempo delle mele;1;;
REALTIME;cerco casa;1;;;n/a;;;1
QVC;esperti verde;1;;;n/a;;;1
MEDIASET EXTRA;le iene;;1;;n/a;;;1
MEDIASET ITALIA 2;orsi;1;;;pianeta mare;;1;
;;;;;;;;
total;;24;1;7;;17;5;10

jielse
07-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Noted last Friday that IP-EPG works again now provided by gracenote. First time in more than 6 months, but great it works again. thanks for solving this Philips and I hope it will continue to work.

_Stephan
08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Is there any update on the accisibiity for 2012 models?

I'm on an analoge cable connection in the Netherlands, and my PFL6007 is not picking up the EPG. Is that according to the specs as from 2012 models?

horvatgergely
09-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Dear Philips,

I have a 32PFL7605H and I live in Hungary. I am wondering if the IP EPG system will be available in my country and if so when.

Thanks for your help,

Greg

DellUser
09-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Re-install you TV. As country setting choose Germany. Language settings can remain Hungarian.
After this you can install & access IP-EPG.

horvatgergely
09-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks! I figured out this solution by myself as well however the only problem is that only 4-5 Hungarian channels are supported by the IP-EPG. Thus the original problem is still here: Hungary and Hungarian TV channels are still not available as IP-EPG...

Dear Philips,

Please advise when will be the IP-EPG availbale in Hungary?

Thanks,

G

marco zagolin
09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
EPG in Milano, Italy in september is unusable most of the time with message: connection in progress.
The smart TV functions are also unusable with the same message.
I have a 20 Mega Telecom connection and ethernet connection to my 32pfl7606M.
Forget help from philips and just enjoy the basic TV functions and great video images.
Ciao,
marco

kikonen
10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Clearly this IP EPG will not be ever working in 2011 models. Info for channels is missing and clearly stand of Philips is that it's not their problem, and provider of actual service, well, simply couldn't care less if it works or not.

miro9000
10-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Clearly this IP EPG will not be ever working in 2011 models. Info for channels is missing and clearly stand of Philips is that it's not their problem, and provider of actual service, well, simply couldn't care less if it works or not.

Fully agree with your last sentence

mnijskens
10-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi
Just had my 42PFL6007H and i;m pleased with it. However recording DOES NOT WORK.
When I connect an USB powered HD the tv recognises it and I can play music, videos etc.
Now when I swith to TV guide its reports "Please connect USB drive" ?? Also no programming of any sort is showing.
I have an external digital receiver (hdmi connected) al the stuf (receiver, tv) is connected to the internet via UTP cables.
What is wrong an why can't I record or see the program guide ?

Kind Regards
Marcel

mnijskens
10-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi
Just had my 42PFL6007H and i;m pleased with it. However recording DOES NOT WORK.
When I connect an USB powered HD to the tv recognises it and I can play music, videos etc.
Now when I switch to TV guide its reports "Please connect USB drive" ?? Also no programming of any sort is showing.
I have an external digital receiver (hdmi connected) al the stuf (receiver, tv) is connected to the internet via UTP cables.
What is wrong an why can't I record or see the program guide ?

Kind Regards
Marcel

DellUser
10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Did you install channels on your TV or do you make use of a settop box (from UPC or Ziggo?).

mnijskens
10-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks
I use a settopbox op KPN .. And I tried getting progams from internet and the other choice
Can it explain the USB disk not found ? ( Tried also different usb connetions

kmoelle1
10-24-2012, 07:45 AM
have a 32PFL4047T: is it possible to programme remote control button to go directly to EPG. As it is now I have to use go thru 'Home' and 'programguide'

DellUser
10-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Dear mnijskens

To support USB recording you need to have channels installed on your TV.
Because you are using Digitenne with an external settop box, you did not install channels on the TV.

The harddisk or Memory stick needed for USB recording needs to be larger than 32GB.see user manual (http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl6007h_12/42pfl6007h_12_dfu_nld.pdf)

USB recording will only work for digital broadcasts via the TV’s internal tuner. You can’t record from another sources.

When you connect an antenna to your TV you can install channels. These are the same DVB-T channels as you have on your Digitenne Box. so, connect an antenna and do a DVB-T (Antenna) channels installation on your TV. In your region Ned1, Ned2, Ned3 and Omroep Brabant can be watched, they are ”free to air” channels.

Now you can choose to use the IP-EPG. In the EPG function the recorder function is implemented. You can simply mark the programs in the program guide that you want to have recorded.

So, after connecting an antenna to the TV, connecting an external harddisk and performing channel installation, you can use USB recording for the mentioned 4 channels.

You can purchase a CAM module and insert the Digitenne card in the CAM module in your TV. Then you can record from all channels and you can operate your TV with just one remote control.

The antenna from your Digitenne box cannot be used for your TV because it is an active antenna, it has a build-in amplifier. The power for that amplifier is supplied from the Digitenne settop-box via the antenna cable.

Don’t spend much money on the DVB-T antenna, you can make it yourselves. see here (http://www.pi4zlb.nl/Zelfbouw/DVB-T/Bierblik%20antenne.html)

Succes.

Note: To enjoy the full quality of your TV, get Full HD cable.

mnijskens
10-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks DellUser for the information. I read the manual and Help and it looks like the USB disk has to be formated for the TV despite the instrucion I can't. Also I do not have the recording option in my KPN abo.
thanks

drevster
11-27-2012, 07:13 AM
iam VERY disapointed about IP-EPG availability. it should be written in big letters saying 'YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECORD TV' when you buy philips "smart" tv :(

does ip-epg is planned in Lithuania ever?
or should I give my tv back to seller and choose from other manufacturer?

goglas
12-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Teks ir man jauciu grazinti pardavejui savo TV. ta pati ch....ia :mad:

atrias
01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
i guess IP-EPG is not available in GReece and this i why i cannot find the mobile link code to enter on the ipad application

am i correct?

Toengel
01-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi,

yes.

Toengel@Alex

Drj
02-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Hello. I would like to ask you a few questions:

-First of all, I am using right now normal EPG, and I can record without problem in my Usb HD. But in the guide I donīt have the whole information in all channels, some donīt have the information, though I can see information of the current program using info key in the remote. I have another DVBT conected thorugh HDMI and in this one EPG works perfect in all channels. I wonder why a 35€ DVBT can work better done an 800€ TV ŋ?

-I am thinking about using IP-EPG, changing the source of the data for EPG to internet. But when I try to do it, I get a message that says that I will lose all the programs recorded in the USB HD, is it so?. I find it quite dangerous to use this option , then, I donīt have a lot of programs recorded right now, but if I try this in the future, I will have a lot to lose if I change the option....

-I remember to have used the IP-EPG when I bought the TV, but I didnīt get the program information in the guide, for example, if I tried to get the information about a movie, I even didnīt get the name of the movie, I just got general information about the program, like "this proggram emits a movie every week", or something like this, so the EPG would be useless for me if it is this way.

-Last one, what do you recommend to use, EPG or IP-EPG?, whate are de advantages?.

Best regards and thank you in advance.

Drj
02-25-2013, 09:03 AM
One last question, I have read it is posible to record videos from an on line video app to the HD, how can I do this?.

Best regards.

Toengel
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi,

no - that's not possible.

Toengel@Alex

Drj
02-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Then what does exactly mean what is written in page 14 of the manual, saying that you need an USB HD to download movies on demand from apps and these things?. " To download a video for rental you can connect a flash USB drive of 8 GB, but you can also use an USB hard disk. When you install the USB hard disk you can select if you also wish to use it for the videos for rent. Also, if the videoclub uses video transmision, it is possible that you want to use the USB hard disk to store the video bufer".... ŋ?....

Does it mean that I will not be able to see any movie if I donīt have a USB drive connected and formated for the pourpose?.

Best regards.

Toengel
02-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Hi,

ahh - You need a USB-HDD or USB-Stick for caching the rental movies (VOD)...

Toengel@Alex

Drj
02-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Ok, understood

What about the other questions?.

Best regards and thank you very much.

Hi,

ahh - You need a USB-HDD or USB-Stick for caching the rental movies (VOD)...

Toengel@Alex

Drj
02-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Well, can anybody tell me the advantages of IP-EPG compared to DVBT EPG?. I have several recordings in the HD and if I lose them when the EPG mode is changed, then I would love to know the advantages to decide if I keep using nromal channel EPG or I change to IP-EPG.....

Anyone in Spain can confirn me that the IP-EPG is working flawlessly?.

Best regads and thank you very much.

Drj
02-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Well, I have tried to change the mode to internet EPG and I temporary lose the recordings, but if I go back to DVB mode, then I have the recordings again, so for me could be ok. But I havenīt seen any advantage of the IP-EPG mode compared to normal mode, although I havenīt been able to test it a lot, can anyone tell me the advantages?.

Best regards.

Well, can anybody tell me the advantages of IP-EPG compared to DVBT EPG?. I have several recordings in the HD and if I lose them when the EPG mode is changed, then I would love to know the advantages to decide if I keep using nromal channel EPG or I change to IP-EPG.....

Anyone in Spain can confirn me that the IP-EPG is working flawlessly?.

Best regads and thank you very much.

j-p
04-19-2013, 04:08 PM
I am here for the first time so please forgive my lack of regulation knowledge. I have a 32PFL7605H/12 TV. It has a DVB-T tuner but the EPG function is not active (country: Poland; acc. to your lists it should operate). Satellite channels received via set-top box have well operating EPG system. How to 'wake up' the EPG for DVB-T channels (antenna reception)?

MartiniB
04-20-2013, 06:07 AM
@j=p
try set another Country
(i had to set France to able receive DVB-T transponders in hyperband)

Philips developers some why are decided make all tv functionality dependent on country
instead follow to DVB-* specification and add few exceptions for some particular countries

with first firmware versions you didn't able see digital tuner section at all if your country weren't listed in supported list
or another funny case which i remember was stored titles of digital services `001`, `002`, `003`, `004`, .. when chose some country

p.s.
if you haven't got software fixes in first year you can forget about them :(

j-p
04-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Many thanks. The 'France' trick has switched ON the EPG service, even in Polish alphabet. Once again THANK you and best regards :-))

jgl
04-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Well, I have tried to change the mode to internet EPG and I temporary lose the recordings, but if I go back to DVB mode, then I have the recordings again, so for me could be ok. But I havenīt seen any advantage of the IP-EPG mode compared to normal mode, although I havenīt been able to test it a lot, can anyone tell me the advantages?.

Best regards.

Hi Drj, I've an PFL8606H and I live in Valencia, Spain. Congratulations for your 2012 TV set (42PFL6007H). Well, there is no advantage in the use of IP-EPG for the final user (us). It provides no advantage and it is the most inefficient way of accessing the EPG info. The main disadvantages are: slow user interface, service outages and the strict link of the PVR recording to the availability of the IP-EPG. There are hundreds of complains about this topic in the 2011 sets and possibly Philips has changed this in 2012 TVs because all this insatisfaction. The 2011 TV sets cannot record nor play without the infamous IP-EPG. I'm happy to see you have the choice to do it with or without it so you have your own answer: DVB-EPG is best and this is because three elements: responsiveness, interface and accuracy. So forget IP-EPG .. because you can ;-)

H4rry
01-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Why do I have no access to EPG-IP (and USB recording) since a few days? I only see a black screen, no error message or anything else.
TV: 40pfl8606/12 & CI+ (Ziggo), software up-to-date, internet connection (no problems with Net TV), adress: https://epg.corio.com/default.aspx, location: Netherlands.

@hris
01-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Why do I have no access to EPG-IP (and USB recording) since a few days? I only see a black screen, no error message or anything else.
TV: 40pfl8606/12 & CI+ (Ziggo), software up-to-date, internet connection (no problems with Net TV), adress: https://epg.corio.com/default.aspx, location: Netherlands.

Exactly the same problem for me.
TV: 32PFL7406H
It worked nicely (but slow) until a few days ago.
I would be pleased if something could be done about this.

sjn
01-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Same problem in Sweden: No access to IP-EPG, only a black screen.
TV: 32PFL5007/12. No problems with SmartTV/NetTV.
Question: How/where can I check the IP-EPG server status??
(Smart TV: Server Status "All of the Online Services are available.")

Toengel
01-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi,

currently, there are server issues - not a problem with your TV. We "just" need to wait...

Toengel@Alex

HVeltm@n
01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Exactly the same problem for me.
TV: 32PFL7406H
It worked nicely (but slow) until a few days ago.
I would be pleased if something could be done about this.

My TV 32PFL6636H. The EPG stopped working as well. Because of this I can't watch my recorded programs anymore. Please fix this.

matth
03-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Hi, I just bought a 60PFL6008 and tried to use the "my remote" app on iPhone. I got the 4 digit code from the TV to connect for the TV-Guide and everything were working quite fine. For some reason needed to reinstall the app on the iPhone and it is asking now for that code again which I did not write down unfortunately. Is there any way to find out this code again. If I follow the original procedure I just get to record TV program.
Thanks for anybody's help.
Matt

Toengel
03-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi,

just press the yellow button in the IP-EPG on your TV - you will get the code there...

Toengel@Alex