PDA

View Full Version : 9-button screen does not work

henryvme
05-16-2011, 10:16 AM
The leftmost 9-button screen, with "Watch TV, "NetTV", "Sources, "Find" etc. does nothing. (But the "Sources" button on the bottom row does work!). My TV is a 32PFL7665H/12.

Muccie
05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Can indeed confirm this; have a 46 PFL 9705.

ch_harald
05-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Confirmed for my 46PFL9705K. Has worked in the previous App version though:-(

Philips
05-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Also confirmed here. Is under investigation. Tnx for your feedback.

Muccie
05-19-2011, 11:00 AM
@Philips: as nice as it sounds that reported problem is acknowleged (as if Philips was in doubt over "our" reports....) and I think to understand that Philips will issue a newer version of the app, it is the next itteration of Philips letting their products ripe at their clients. OK, a bug in a TV remote app is something different than a bug in a Space Shuttle programm, but think of all the frustration, the people you kept busy in trying to understand if the "bug" is in the app or caused by other means. I myself are far away from perfect, that is why before I debut something, talk to others first, trying to easy out raw edges in advance. I had a lively conversation by letter with your former Mr. Kleisterlee on this (after having my TV set exchanged 3 times), who could not deny that what is clearly missing at Philips, is a kind of "consumer panel" that does testing before products come to the market. Please also remember the "test" Philips did themself: all board-members became a TV and DVD player deliverd at home. NONE of them where able to get "it" working first shot; as an expample: loudspeakers and their feet needed to be fitted together with a screw. The screw was provided but the needed screwdriver not. That sounds logical, who does not have at least have the famous "IKEA tools box" at home. BUT: the needed screw driver was a very, very, very long one, costing EUR 20 in a specialty tools shop. And Quick Start guides do not help in such situations, nor do buggy app's.

Philips
05-24-2011, 03:12 PM
We have submitted an update towards Apple (for approval) this morning containing several fixes incl. the fix for "the 9-icon grid not working".

The iPad-2 issue you reported is not yet in, as we've just found the cause of this. Will be fixed in a next release.

Toengel
05-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi,

Version 1.1.2 is available via iTunes:

- Fixed the 9-icon page functions (TV related)
- Improved background mode behavior
- Improved slideshow features (TV related)
- Updated the App’s icon to high resolution
- Fixed several bugs

Toengel@Alex