PDA

View Full Version : Channels in tvtv

miro9000
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Hello. This is a great forum for Philips costumers. Congratulations.
In the spanish IP-EPG some channels does not appear, or does not show any information. Is this a fault of tvtv ?, or Philips have to do some maintenance of the list including the new channels ?. Reading in the tvtv site, sems to be that the costumer of tvtv iis Philips.
Iīd like to use this IP-EPG , but iīm using the other one because of this problem with several channels.

Also here in Spain there are not Wiki links.

Freddy
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't know about the Spanish situation, but while most channels are recognized automatically, some have to be set manually. You can do that by pushing the options button, while you're on an unidentified channel, and choosing the first option (I don't know how it's called in Spanish). Then a list of all available channels appears, in which you can choose the correct one.

miro9000
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't know about the Spanish situation, but while most channels are recognized automatically, some have to be set manually. You can do that by pushing the options button, while you're on an unidentified channel, and choosing the first option (I don't know how it's called in Spanish). Then a list of all available channels appears, in which you can choose the correct one.

Thanks Freddy for your answer. I have done this once or twice a month, but every time, the channels Iīm looking for never appears in the list of available channels. Most of the "lost" channels started to broadcast several months ago. So this is the reason that i think that the list needs an update.
And I donīt know who is the responsible: tvtv ? Philips? In case of tvtv responsability, Does Philips knows about it? Can Philips do something (been the tvtv costumer) ?

sngbcn
05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
hi miro9000,

you can check which channels are available from tvtv @ their local website, for Spain: www.tvtv.es

I don't know their criteria to include or not a certain channel but to your question regarding who is "responsible" for the contents I would say its tvtv

miro9000
05-16-2011, 02:45 PM
hi miro9000,

you can check which channels are available from tvtv @ their local website, for Spain: www.tvtv.es

I don't know their criteria to include or not a certain channel but to your question regarding who is "responsible" for the contents I would say its tvtv

Hi and thanks sngbcn. I know the website. And for sure, tvtv is responsible of the contents.
But iīm not a tvtv costumer, iīm a Philipsīs one. So if Philips is giving me an IP-EPG, Philips should monitor the information of tvtv (this is easier than a firmware upgrade :D) .
They have done a great effort building a very nice and usefull IP-EPG, itīs a pity I canīt use it because of the poor information that I get from it

ahasver
07-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Even if tvtv seems to provide the main part of IP-EPG-Data, missing channels is a Philips task, cause they are offering channels no on tvtv-Website and missing channels offered by tvtv. So may be they get also EPG data from other sources.

So let's try to collect a list of missed channels in this thread.
I'm missing some channels offered here in Germany by Kabelkiosk:
Body in Balance (tvtv-id 3850)
AutoMotor&Sport Channel (tvtv-id 4123)
Your Family Entertainment (not at tvtv.de found)
Hustler TV (tvtv-id 889?)
Travel Channel (tvtv-id 4113. german and NL schedule differ)
Trace Tropical (not at tvtv.de found)
C Music TV (tvtv-id 4155)

miro9000
07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
great Idea Ahasver. Actually I canīt help with the spanish missed channels because Net tv didnīt work since two weeks ago and I donīt remember the whole list (itīs quite long :) )

ahasver
10-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Since August most of the missing channels from posting #6 are present, Currently still missing channels in guide I don't need.
Still No present are
Huster (seems to be a different version)
Trace Tropical (only Videoclips around the clock -there is no real scedule...).

Other channels, not in guide:
Franken Sat (mixed regional TV, "Franken TV" differs)
Tirol TV (mixed regional TV)
TVM/WWTV (mixed regional TV)
Collection TV (partly useful, but most time shopping)
Channel 21 express (shopping)
World Fashion Channel (shopping)

Polderboy
11-09-2011, 06:34 AM
I miss the Dutch Film Channels from Film1. The TVTV EPG does not have them.