PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.36.0 for 5000, 6000, and 7000 series (2010 models)

Toengel
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi,

please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?730-Software-overview-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models)): new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Lech1
05-18-2011, 02:47 PM
First of all, I am unable to download it: "You don't have permission to access /files/3/32pfl5405h_12/32pfl5405h_12_fus_pol.zip on this server."

The link was: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5405h_12/32pfl5405h_12_fus_pol.zip

Toengel
05-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi,

files arn't uploaded yet to the Philips servers...

Official release notes 7000 series: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7605h_12/46pfl7605h_12_fhi_eng.pdf

Official release notes 5000 series:
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl5605h_12/46pfl5605h_12_fhi_eng.pdf

Toengel@Alex

WarriorSan
05-18-2011, 06:59 PM
@ Philips, why notify us about a new firmware release through pm, forum, release notes (pdf) and even download links on the productpage while hours later the firmware is still not available to download?..It's not that I can't wait but this is just frustrating like many things Philips say / promise...how hard can it be?

kralizeck
05-18-2011, 08:27 PM
It's Philips lifestyle... very frustating

sqck
05-18-2011, 11:41 PM
@ Philips, why notify us about a new firmware release through pm, forum, release notes (pdf) and even download links on the productpage while hours later the firmware is still not available to download?..It's not that I can't wait but this is just frustrating like many things Philips say / promise...how hard can it be?

Why do you sound so negative?
It's only be one day (!) since they have published the new SW update info. They'll distribute the SW file in the next days.

@ Philips: thanks for informing us about this upcoming update!

Toengel
05-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi,

update is now available for download...

Toengel@Alex (Toengel@Alex)

kralizeck
05-19-2011, 07:28 AM
Why do you sound so negative?read through the forums and you'll understand ... or just wait a few months.

theflyer1972
05-19-2011, 07:59 AM
i don't understand this version is bugged (like 8000 9000 series) ? or not

Toengel
05-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi,

not more bug than the previous ones :D

Toengel@Alex

hippie67
05-19-2011, 08:29 AM
@ Philips, why notify us about a new firmware release through pm, forum, release notes (pdf) and even download links on the productpage .......

And still people are nagging that Philips does not communicate....

theflyer1972
05-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi,

not more bug than the previous ones :D

Toengel@Alex

which 034 or 036?

pdemo
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Why to take the risk of installing the latest firmware, if you do not need corrections announced?

petasis
05-19-2011, 04:52 PM
The firmware 140.36 has a bug of not finding the DVB-T channels, when you open the TV. A simple channel up or down on the remote fixes the bug, but still it is annoying.

Also, you may encounter problems with desktop resizing, if you have a pc connected through HDMI, the pc is open, and you open the TV.

With the exception of these two bugs, almost all bugs from previous versions are also included (i.e. sound drops on SPDIF).

WarriorSan
05-19-2011, 07:55 PM
@ sqck and hippie67,

First off I ain't negative and like I said before I can wait because I already wait months now for a fix so I can finally properly use Net TV.

Hopefully no more problems with black, gray, pink or green screen overlay appearing while browsing Net TV and non responsive remote which result in manually turning the TV off / on...waiting..signing back in Net TV more waiting and start over again where I left off..and this happens on a daily basis sometimes multiple times a day...

That is frustrating just like the fact how Philips is handling things for instance they open a (support) forum which is a place for their consumers and maybe future buyers to get information, share thoughts and address problems but many topics / posts (especially problem related ones) are many times unanswered for weeks sometimes never. I don't say they don't read them and of course some problems are hard to reproduce / fix and take some time but at least be more open or try to answer the questions or people just feel like they don't care..

The fact is that people who got problems post more on a support forum than people who doesn't have any problems but personally I think that some bugs like the sound drops / EPG / screen overlay issues shouldn't be there in the first place when Philips released their products. While other brands are adding stuff to their TV's, Philips is still fixing things on their old models?..Come on

Also when Philips announces new firmware releases which finally would fix some bugs (thus not only info but even with download links to the new firmwares on their product pages) the links aren't working and instead people can actually download them a day later?

Is it not better to do it the other way around? First upload the firmware to the servers and then post topics and notify people that they are available for download? Today Philips finally released the "MyRemote" app for Android but it FC the whole time while I have never had that with any other apps.. :( These are just some examples and you can see were Philips focus is on...

But getting on-topic the new firmware release does seems to solve the screen overlay problems but time will tell and Net TV seems faster / more responsive which it should be have since day one..

WarriorSan

bta
05-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi,

TELETEXT Problem (see http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1337-TELETEXT-fails-after-NetTV&p=5775&viewfull=1#post5775) seems to be solved. At least I can not reproduce the bug at 140.36.

The Problem of the sound interruption while switching between NetTV home, NetTV App Gallery and OpenInternet is still there in 140.36.

Update #1: After playing at NetTV I had no semitransparent layer so far. I have visited the Services where the Problem most likely occurs but no colored Layer at all. It seems that there is an improvement at .36. I also observe a different behavioir with the Focus and the highlithnomg of a Link.

Update #2: The Dynamic Backlight and Pip Bug is still there. For a error description see this post: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?979-PiP-and-dynamic-background-light&p=4539&viewfull=1#post4539

regards
bta

TrojanBarber
05-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Just tested it... Sound dropping NOT solved...
I am speachless :(

rgallo
05-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi.

At last, the problem with laSexta HD seems to be solved, with the new firmware.

Although it's a bit late, thank you Philips.

Pingutux
05-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Q5521 doesnt solve sound drops via HDMI. But it wasnt also announced that it could solve the problem. Maybe for the next release.

Pab_lox
05-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi!
I'm very dissapointed with last two firmware upgrades to my 40pfl7605- very annoying macro blocks and pixels - especially in SD channels.
I've got the "N" Digital TV (Polish "N"-ka) and when I have had a 140.32 ver. firmware there weren't any problems with watching TV -very smooth and clear view. Everything changed when I made an upgrade to 140.34 version. - the worst firmware - very bad processing of MPEG-4 and SD codecs - many macro blocks and pixels.After upgrade to ver. 140.34. I informed Philips Custommer Service about these problems and they answer me they will solve them, but they didn't - still are in 140.36.ver. I wish the Philips Customer Service will read my opinion and get to work - solve the problem with MPEG-4 and SD codecs (image) processing - the best view was in 140.32 version.
Best regards Pab_lox

pdemo
05-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi,

You can reinstall 140.32 version especially if the new versions have more bugs that corrections.

Pab_lox
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi pdemo!
If I have had the 140.32 version file for my 40pfl7605 in polish I wouldn't wrote the message in this forum about my problems. If somebody has it please upload or give the link for it. Thanks

saskog
05-20-2011, 06:05 PM
I have not yet installed the new firmware on my 5405/12 because it does not promise to solve HDMI sound drops ... I am very dissapointed. This issue with sound drops on HDMI input persists for more than 6 months now... I will wait for a next release or maybe two, but then if this issue is not SOLVED COMPLETELY I will just return the TV to the shop before my waranty ends and buy a different TV - not Phillips.

TrojanBarber
05-20-2011, 11:35 PM
I have not yet installed the new firmware on my 5405/12 because it does not promise to solve HDMI sound drops ... I am very dissapointed. This issue with sound drops on HDMI input persists for more than 6 months now... I will wait for a next release or maybe two, but then if this issue is not SOLVED COMPLETELY I will just return the TV to the shop before my waranty ends and buy a different TV - not Phillips.

Yes, exactly what i will do in next month or so if they dont solve sound dropping issue...

Toengel
05-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Hi,

@saskog, @TrojanBarber

concering the sound drops - please to the following: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1539-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.36.0-for-8000-and-9000-series-(2010-models)&p=6762&viewfull=1#post6762

Toengel@Alex

Lech1
05-21-2011, 04:15 PM
There are still sound drops, but now a little bit less, on 32PFL5405H/12 + DSR6201/91 via HDMI.

This is really amazing that one Philips device cannot communicate in a proper manner with another Philips device!

Toengel
05-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi,

@Lech1

Please do also the following as stated one post above...

Toengel@Alex

Aleks
05-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi.U mijn TV 32 PFL 5605 H/12.Oshibki FW 140,036: ongeldige AutoAanvullen en de aanwezigheid van lussen (halo's) rond de contour van voetballers tijdens het kijken naar voetbal (scherpte-3, een satellietontvanger aangesloten via SCART met RGB, kanalen SD). Waardigheid FW: een aanzienlijke verbetering in beeldkwaliteit op analoge, schoon en van hoge kwaliteit foto! Dank je wel! http://s015.radikal.ru/i331/1105/85/138701edfb2e.jpg

Toengel
05-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi,

can you please write in English (forum rules)... then we all can help you...

PS: Try to reduce the sharpness

Toengel@Alex

Aleks
05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi. I write in English. The TV 32 PFL 5605H / 12. Lacks програмного maintenance FW 140.036: incorrect autofilling. At viewing football small loops (auras) around of football players (a satellite digital receiver (MPEG are visible - 2) is connected to the TV through SCART with RGB, sharpness is established on 3. The system of suppression of defects MPEG - 2 too is included. Channels SD.
The service center has told that they do not see defects and that I waited new insertion FW. Answer please, whether there are loops (auras) around of football players at the given type of connection on your TVs? If is, whether that programmers of your company will be engaged in the given defect?
Or the given defect is present on all TVs of 100 Hz and is not lack.
Positive side new програмного maintenance 140,036:изображение on an analog signal significantly has improved. The picture became pure and without macroblocks. This insertion FW140.036 the best! Eliminate please those mistakes about which I has informed.!http://s15.radikal.ru/i189/1105/44/314dec201e22.jpg

Aleks
05-24-2011, 09:22 AM
http://s15.radikal.ru/i189/1105/44/314dec201e22.jpg

Sharpness is established on 3. Maybe programmers will correct a scale of adjustment of sharpness on the given type of connection?
Solve please this problem on an analog signal (connection SCART with RGB) On factory FW 075.13.43 clearness has been adjusted and at its increase any displacement from a contour of object did not observe. Or so TVs Fhilips of 100 Hz on signal RGB show all.? Study please this problem and give me the answer. The service center of my country of a mistake does not accept and
Has advised me to wait new FW. To the given problem 4 months. I think that it one of important.!!!

Sagittarius
05-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi all

Today I updated my 32PFL5605/H12 with FW 0.140.36.0
because yesterday I had again macroblocks / "greenish
plasma" on the first four channels (CH36, 594MHz)
where the swiss programs SF1, SF2, SFinfo and
HDsuisse are set. I don't know how long the duration of
this malfunction was because I soon had to leave the
house.
But late in the night when I came home, all was ok
again. The problem never occoured on any other of the
SD or HD channels of our cable service provider.

While the problem with these macroblocks and inter-
mittent tone happened, I switched to my HDD-Recorder,
a Panasonic DMR EX-93C with DVB-C and DVB-T and
watched these channels via the tuner of the recorder,
which is connected by a HDMI cable to the TV and I
didn't find any problems with the picture via the recorder. Switching back in the "home" menue to TV
I had again macroblocks and green slime ;-) on HDsuisse
half the screen.

Well, the update went fine from .034 to .036 and the
EPG is now really set to the correct program so far!
Wow, what a great work!

And now I am waiting, if macroblocks will reappear again
in a few days or a couple of weeks or if an established,
clever firm-/software programmer of PHILIPS has finally,
finally, finally found the problem.

We will see.

By the way, what is the meaning of:

"This TV forum will OFFICIALY go live on the 1st of
June!"

Will this improve something at all? Will there be a
PHILIPS moderator around answering all questions, even
critical comments, etc??? I don't think so - and you?

Regards, Chris

carlosfm
05-24-2011, 11:23 PM
By the way, what is the meaning of:

"This TV forum will OFFICIALY go live on the 1st of
June!"

Will this improve something at all? Will there be a
PHILIPS moderator around answering all questions, even
critical comments, etc??? I don't think so - and you?

Regards, Chris

I expect that's what it means by going live.
But I have my doubts.
Probably, it's the forum software that goes live. :p

Toengel
05-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi,

of course we all hope to get more feedback here :)

Toengel@Alex

theflyer1972
05-25-2011, 07:40 AM
only feedback ...and the response/action from philips ;)

mimas101
05-31-2011, 12:31 AM
32pfl7605H/12 (Germany):
If I watch medias from an USB-Stick and switch the TV in the Standby-Mode the TV don't works if I switch on again the TV from Standby Mode and the USB-Stick is conncted to the TV.
Solution: Reset with a switch off/on with the main On/Off-Switch of the TV.

Online-Updates are not available, the TV don't finds the update files on the server (since the last three or four FW-updates).
Solution: Manual Download and installation with a USB-Device.

I'm missing a option to conncet a S-Video-VCR (S-VHS or Y/C) direct via SCART to the TV. Here: Philips VR960/02.
Only FBAS / Ybgr and RGB is available.

If I program an external device (f.e. a DVD-Player) manually for later use/connection (all sort of Connectors) the TV forgets this adjustment and displays a double entry (f.e. DVD Player Toshiba is manually programmed for HMDI 3. If I connect later the Player there is a second entry for this Toshiba player).

The german textbox for the message: "TV-Program-List changings are found. The list will be acualized during the next StandBy" is to small, parts of the text are missing.

Pictures were not displayed if the size is bigger then 1020 lines horizontal (USB-Play Back). Perhaps its also possible that the MediaPlayer of the TV don't knows all jpg formats.

It's not possible to save the adjusments in an external file resp. there exists no program to modify the List of TV-stations. The online backup feature don't works here.

At the other hand: The FW works in the actual version faster than in the previous version.

If I watch Arte (german/french TV-Station) there is no display on the screen if there is a bilingual broadcast available. Or better in such cases would be a direct Inofmation-Function on the remote control to see programm place, a clock and if there is a bilingual transmission running.

The manual sorting of programs (f.e. RTL analog 935, move to Place 4 on the favorite list) needs very mucvh time because I can't direct type in the wished program place (also discussed in other customer forums).

siko
05-31-2011, 09:44 PM
fm v0.140.36.0:
Pressing 'off' button on remote turns TV in 'idle' mode. Pressing 'Home' quickstart TV. But when HDMI channel was selected no response of remote at all (have to turn off by switch on TV).

ClaudioCas
06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I have update yesterday my 5605H, but now the switching of channels is very slow (more than 2 seconds in sd digital channels) ... anyone have this issue?

Toengel
06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi,

maybe you should hard switch off your TV for 5 minutes and try again. I always do that after a firmware update...

Toengel@Alex

ClaudioCas
06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Try again to switch channel or reinstall upgrade?

Toengel
06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I meant that you should switch of your TV with the main switch on the back side. Wait 5 minutes and then switch on your TV again. A computer needs to be restarted sometimes... ;)

Toengel@Alex

ClaudioCas
06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
I tryed but the switching speed still slower than my previuos fw version :(

petasis
06-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I have update yesterday my 5605H, but now the switching of channels is very slow (more than 2 seconds in sd digital channels) ... anyone have this issue?

Changing DVB-T channels is slow on all TVs. Only analog channels change fast.

ClaudioCas
06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Before update to latest firmware (from FW v0.140.25.0 if I remember right) the switching was faster.

Sagittarius
06-01-2011, 05:03 PM

I usually do have 2 seconds between digital channels all
last FW from 0.32 to 0.36 on my 32PFL5605/H12.

Now I just saw that the EPG problem is not solved in 0.36!
If I am on programm #11, program #1 is set again in the EPG :mad:
and there are more programs where the EPG is not setting to
the switched program. But I am angry and tired of checking
all channels about that behaviour an I will let PHILIPS to try it
out, on which programs it is working correctly or not.

I am just wondering why PHILIPS cant't do something
correctly right from the beginning! It's really sad!

Regards, Chris

(and yes, I will send this message directly to the mail
support as well since I don't really think PHILIPS is
reading here for taking notice to the problems. My last
mail PHILIPS finally answered after 5, yes, five weeks!!!)

ClaudioCas
06-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I come from Italy and I don't know why, but I can see only 3 channel in EPG... (and I have many digital channel with programm infromation).
Can I downgrade the firmware at my previous version?

Sagittarius
06-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I come from Italy and I don't know why, but I can see only 3 channel in EPG... (and I have many digital channel with programm infromation).
Can I downgrade the firmware at my previous version?

Hello Claudio

Hmm...only three...there should be more, nearly each digital
channel should have an EPG.

Have you tried a new search for the EPG? Push once the
button with the "Book"-Symbol (just below the Home-button,
top of the outer ring buttons) Then on the left side you can
enter the EPG. While you are in the EPG push the button
looking like a "letter-box", on the counter side of the Book-
button, just above the "+" button of the volume.

Now there is a menu point at the bottom where you can
refresh the EPG. In my region it found 172 Programs with
EPG! But it can need about 15 minutes to make the update
of the EPG for all possible digital channels, so please be
patient and don't abort!

Regards, Chris

globetrotter
06-02-2011, 11:03 AM
When you want to select a option which is in the bottom of your option-list (e.g. in configuration menu), you can not push the up-button of your remote, so it jumps to the bottom of the list. Now you have to click several times to get tot the bottom of an option list.

When you are in the program information, the time + program-name of the current program is scrolling on the screen. So you have to wait to see the whole program name and also the start and end times.
I think it is better, when the information of the current and next program is showed in 2 separate lines. The screen is large enough.

Maybe it is an idea to have a small screen (pip) with the program your are watching, when you are in the TV program information. Like in Net-TV. So you can see when the commercials are finished.

It is not possible to reset the sleep timer when its is in the final minute. The TV still switches off whitin this minute when you set a new time.

Toengel
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi,

Firmware 140.37 should be coming soon (maybe today)...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Do you know what is new on that FW 140.37

Toengel
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi,

YES:

Q5551_0.140.37.0 (Date published: 2011-06-06)

“Video format not supported” message appears onscreen with HDMI video format 1080i from a certain set-up box.
Split screen with green horizontal lines appears onscreen with HDMI video format 720p from a certain set-up box.
No picture or black screen seen on certain digital cable (DVB-C) channels. (Only applicable to country, Finland)
TV automatically switches back to the primary audio language while watching digital channels. (Only applicable to country, Spain)
Unable to select some Russian alphabets from the onscreen keyboard in Net TV portal. (Only applicable to Net TV models)
Q5521_0.140.37.0 (Date published: 2011-06-06)

“Video format not supported” message appears onscreen with HDMI video format 1080i from a certain set-up box.
Split screen with green horizontal lines appears onscreen with HDMI video format 720p from a certain set-up box.
No picture or black screen seen on certain digital cable (DVB-C) channels. (Only applicable to country, Finland)
TV automatically switches back to the primary audio language while watching digital channels. (Only applicable to country, Spain)
Q5553_0.140.37.0 (Date published: 2011-06-06)

Unable to select some Russian alphabets from the onscreen keyboard in Net TV portal. (Only applicable to Net TV models)
Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Yes I have noticed that. DVB-T is pretty slow comparing to analogs.

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Nice. Thanks.. I have noticed one bug that seems to be fixed on that FW. When you change the language it switches back to primary one when you change the channel.

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
140.37 not out yet I have just checked.. Thanks for sharing Toengel@Alex by the way..

WarriorSan
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
@Toengel,

Thanks for sharing the info!

theflyer1972
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
140.37 not out yet I have just checked.. Thanks for sharing Toengel@Alex by the way..

another simple bug fixing damn

tolgaakcan
06-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes offcourse as long as it really fixes a bug.
Shouldn't expect like pvr or 2D-3D converter or something with new FW.
Simply because those usefull features usually comes with new models.
Loyal customers have to live with existing features.

mimas101
06-12-2011, 11:23 AM

The same procedure: The detection of HMDI-Devices don't works correct (here Panasonic BlueRay DMP-BD65 (HMDI 2) and Toshibas DVD-Player XD-E500... (HMDI 3)), HMDI 1 and 4 are not connected.
At SCART (Ext 1) is a Panasoniic FS88 connected (full connected 21-Scart Cable).

The automatic detection of names of the connected devices are missing (since FW 36).

If I delete the BD65-Connection in the menu (at first the device was disconnected from the TV), make then a manual entry (BR-Player to HMDI 2) in the TVs preferences and then connect the device again the TV hangs (no reactions of the Menü-Key on the remote control, the TV screen is black without sound).
So I had switch off the TV with the power switch and some minutes after that I had switch on the TV. The result: There is an 2nd entry for the BD65 at HDMI 2 in the device list which uses the TV now. The title of the new entry is only: Player