PDA

View Full Version : Is Net TV down? (22 May 2011)

tolgaakcan
05-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Dear Moderator,

Net TV has been down for or barely get connection. I have been using same rooter and same conneciton so must be wrong with the server.
Any idea?
Thanks

Toengel
05-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi,

Net TV works fine on my TV (Location Germany).

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
05-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Still the same no connection.. LOcation: Turkey..

Toengel
05-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi,

try to ping or tracert https://nettv.corio.com/BluePortServlets/BluePortHome

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
05-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Browser couldn't open the link.. Tv says philips server cannot be found..
Any idea??
Do you have Ip address? Thanks..

Toengel
05-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi,

this is an CE-HTML site - so you cannot open it with your PC based browser. But you can ping the URL:

ping nettv.corio.com

Your DNS should also resolve the IP from this address...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
05-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I can ping but no access .. Same errror shows. Any idea to fix it? Firewall is disabled.

Toengel
05-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi,

try to delete you Net TV memory... if that don't work, call you local Philips service...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
05-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I can ping that but Tv cannot connect.. I am calling my isp in then mean time if you have any solution cames to your mind please let me know..

tolgaakcan
05-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Hmm. Ok. I actually did it for a few times. Still the same... thanks

tolgaakcan
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
NO solution ISP has no idea why I have that problem. I have check with a friend he has no problem..

Philips
05-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Dear Moderator,

Net TV has been down for or barely get connection. I have been using same rooter and same conneciton so must be wrong with the server.
Any idea?
Thanks

Hi tolgaakcan,

There were intermittent issues with the server from 12:46 pm CET to 14:29 pm CET on 22 May.
Should be solved. Please let us know if you still face problems.

Regards,

tolgaakcan
05-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Dear philips
Yes still going on. Location is turkey..
I dont understand what's happened.
Please help me fix it.

tolgaakcan
05-23-2011, 09:04 PM
may I have DNS of nettv servers? and IP addreses please I just want to double check
Thanks

Toengel
05-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Hi,

maybe Philips can check your system. I remembered that they ask some users for their serial and MAC address to check their logs if your TV connects somehow...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
05-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Thank you Toengel, I did reset on my cable modem on the software I had no result however.
So I was told by motorola that there is a sort of hard reset on the router. So I will try that as well.
If didn't work then I will ask philips to check my IP address and DNS to see if my ISP is black listed as well as to have them check my serial number and MAC address.
Thanks. Really appreciated. Tolga

Philips
05-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Thank you Toengel, I did reset on my cable modem on the software I had no result however.
So I was told by motorola that there is a sort of hard reset on the router. So I will try that as well.
If didn't work then I will ask philips to check my IP address and DNS to see if my ISP is black listed as well as to have them check my serial number and MAC address.
Thanks. Really appreciated. Tolga

Hi Tolga,

Please check your router first. If still does not work, send a mail to nettv.support@philips.com mentioning your problem and ethernet MAC address. Also read this post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1144-Can-t-find-internet-connection&highlight=nettv.support).

Regards,

tolgaakcan
05-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Dear Philips,-
I emailed necessary information to support center as you suggested. I have had no response so far? What should I do to get somebody to help me. Thanks Tolga

tolgaakcan
05-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I did connect last night once. Then again no connection. I wonder if this gas anyrhing to do with 0.140.36.0 firmware I uploaded a few days ago?
I tgink only way to understan is to downgrade it to previous firmware. Does any one of you know where to download previous fw?
Thanx
Tolga

Philips
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Dear "tolgaakcan",

We sent you a personal message with special instructions.
Please try them.

Regards,
Net TV support team.

tolgaakcan
06-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Dear Philips,

I am sure that my connection problem mainly caused by my ISP.
Servers are slow however..
There is something wrong with my ISP.. I visited a store to check. TV works fine.. very slow though.. But it connects somehow.
I would like you all to have an intelligent guess about what might have caused that connection problem of mine;
TV 46PFL7605
Connected via Ethernet..
- Tried wifi connection assuming cable was broken.. NO results..
- Tried to downgrade to 140.34 assuming new FW had a problem NOp! Same.
- Cleared NETTV history etc.. same. no connection
- I entered manual IP address and DNS.. NO. Same. Because TV can connect to network but not to NETTV server.

So TV is on my network I can ping. And control it via iphone application. So why don't I get to have access to NETTV server.
I keep getting Phlilips server not found message..
I am so frustrated. I didn't have any problem about a month ago.
What might have happened?
Two thing I can do ;

one is to get another TV to try or hooked my TV to another internet connection..
Both is pretty difficult to do.. Anything else I can try?

Since 22 May I have been able to connect 2-3 times even though I try at least 20-30 times a day.. So not like never connects but pretty rare I can get a connection

wvepcf
06-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Dear Philips,

Since 22 May I have been able to connect 2-3 times even though I try at least 20-30 times a day.. So not like never connects but pretty rare I can get a connection

Well, I am not having problems with my ISP (The Netherlands) but have the same problems like you. Can connect, but takes 4 or more attempts, which takes me about 20 minutes to get NetTV....

My opinion: Philips did not invest in the NetTV infrastructure. Live with it, they will not change anything.
Or buy a Samsung, they make their versions work like it should (and for a much better price).

tolgaakcan
06-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Dear wvepcf, so I am not alone.. But how is it possible for many people to connect NETTV without any problem. Just a month ago I had no problem with connection. Then in began to get worse.
There must be an explanation to it. Don't you think?

tolgaakcan
06-10-2011, 06:06 AM
By the way ISP had no problem.

tolgaakcan
06-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I have tried to connect via some other ISP. Result is same. So no need to blame on ISP any more. That has to do with Philips server or software.

tolgaakcan
06-10-2011, 06:25 AM
To those have problems with NETTV can ping to 92.123.126.121. I guess that is the server IP..

Philips
06-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Dear Tolgaakcan,

You tried everything to fix your Net TV connection problems. Regretfully without success.
Now it is time to call the Philips support helpdesk for repair.

tolgaakcan
06-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Thank you. Surely I did. Thanks..

Leonos
06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
It's not the TV that has a defect, it's the Philips servers that are overloaded. Many, many users have the same problems that started just about a month ago. Before that all was 'pretty' good (sometimes a bit slow). But since last month it's only slow as hell. Also I have tried several routers etc (I know lots of networking) and all without result.

I think I am gone use the Philips TV as second TV on my bedroom, just to watch a program before I go to sleep.
For my living-room I'm going to buy a decent TV this time, this means NO Philips brand for me never again.
Samsung or Panasonic is much, much better in what they promise to their customers and their new firmware DOES WORK and contains new features. They both have NetTV which is amazingly fast !
They are even half the price of the Philips.

So bye bye Philips.

tolgaakcan
06-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Dear Leonos,

It took me too long to understand the truth. After trying every possible methods to fix it. I spoke to repair center. Apparently TV is normal.
It seems that there are many others suffering from connection problem. There must be related to server. So I expect Philips to admit that.. It used to take a second to connect it. Now takes a lot of try to connect sometimes hours.
Sorry for NETTV owners who has to put up with it. It remind me that I discussed on the forum that Philips sold a part of it (%70) to TPV to be able to get stronger.So is that being stronger?

What I see from a customer point of view that Philips is cutting the corners by shutting down the servers so the number of the servers lesser then used to be..

Congrats on new CEO who is really clever indeed!

What we wrote here on the forum is seen by a potential TV buyers in PANAMA or CHINA or JAPAN all around the world... So they see the truth and go for other brands which have less problems.

Do Philips ever think that if they keep on disappointing customers, do they ever get to maintain market share? How long does Philips think they could keep on running TV section like that..

I had checked forums before I bought my TV. I am sure there are lots of them who go on research before spending over 2000 grand.. Social media experts are not credible anymore neither magazines nor so called expert forums. So impartial forums provide the most credible information. So if Philips doesn't solve that problem soon enough, they will have trouble with gaining customers.

Also not only me there are geeks around me already knew that nettv isn't delivering expectations.
So worth of mouth has a greater power than any other advertisement. For loyal customers and philips sake, please fix that up..

I have written over 100 posts so far. Do you guys think I am here writing for fun? I am writing because I keep having trouble with my TV hoping to find a solution. How sad is that?

I want an answer.

One think I know for sure that I will never buy Philips TV anymore. If I had a chance I would return it to go for something decent.

Thanks..

It's not the TV that has a defect, it's the Philips servers that are overloaded. Many, many users have the same problems that started just about a month ago. Before that all was 'pretty' good (sometimes a bit slow). But since last month it's only slow as hell. Also I have tried several routers etc (I know lots of networking) and all without result.

I think I am gone use the Philips TV as second TV on my bedroom, just to watch a program before I go to sleep.
For my living-room I'm going to buy a decent TV this time, this means NO Philips brand for me never again.
Samsung or Panasonic is much, much better in what they promise to their customers and their new firmware DOES WORK and contains new features. They both have NetTV which is amazingly fast !
They are even half the price of the Philips.

So bye bye Philips.

Philips
06-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Dear Tolga,

The poor performance that you are experiencing is caused by a defect in your TV.
Check your personal mail for repair alignment.

At your service,
Philips.
(Matu).

tolgaakcan
06-17-2011, 02:35 PM
They are comming tonight to take th eTV away to have a look. I hope that is due to TV itself. Last time service center told me that they tend to have problems with connection to NET TV. see what happens..

Chrissie18
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm a bit confused about the performance.
Sometimes it takes ages and then it just gives 'cannot find server', then it just displays directly.
I just went to NetTV and I had directly the home screen. So I though, well let's give the IP-EPG a go again, so I entered the preferences from the NetTV home screen, but as soon as I changed the preference I saw the 'signing up' screen underneath the preference overlay. And guess what: it went on and on and on and on....

Leonos
06-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Tolga, I cannot imagine that suddenly hundreds of Philips TV's are defect.
Philips cannot deny that NetTV sometimes does work (after a few retries) and a defect in the TV would not suddenly disapear after these retries. A defect is a defect and won't go away after retries.
Also internal firmware in the TV does not change suddenly, so it cannot be in the software either.
So I think that the repair center shall not find anything.

The only thing what could be wrong in the TV is that some memory isn't cleared causing these problems and a factory reset could be the solution for this. But then again ALL Philips users eventually will get this problem (if they use NETTV).

I will try it myself later today (the factory reset)

tolgaakcan
06-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I have good news. My tv has been fixed. So please ask your rep center to re instaal component software. The service center should take care if it. They didn't understand what caused that connection problem however they had the solution. That's what matters now. What the hell happend on 22dn may my tv was just failed to connect so you should have the same problem I guess.
I think philips should investigte the possible cause.

Toengel
06-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi,

so they need to update other internal software (besides the standard firmware what we are updateing by ourselves), right?

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Yes, they re-installed everything on TV. Strangely it worked like a charm.. But definitely internal software related to components. So what ever caused this must have affected many more users. Clearing nettv memory or upgrade-downgrade 140.xxx is actually useless. Needs to go see a service man.

Leonos
06-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Heey Tolga,

Now your TV is repaired, how is the speed of your NetTV now ?
1. Does it open right away when you have the TV on for a while and you won't have to wait for servers to be found ?
In other words, does the TV register itself at the portal on it's own, or must it be triggered.
2. When you're in the NetTV screen with the icons does the Advertisment in the right corner still load very slow ?

tolgaakcan
06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi Leonos,

Spead is just like as it was. So I am so happy with the performance.
As for your question;
1- It never opens right away it never was. You have to wait 1-2 minutes for tv to bind the connection. But it is ok. So when the tv is already on. It starts as soon as press nettv. You don't have to wait for the servers. I see what you mean.. No no need a log on timing. It is just as it was. I can get a video shoot tonight to show you.. I'll send you the link for you to see.
2-NO it appears right away. But to navigate through the menu you have to wait for 5-10 seconds. But it was like that any way wasn't it?

tolgaakcan
06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Why don't you get your tv fixed like me. Ask them to refresh eprom and standby software. So it will go just back to normal.Shouldn't take mode then 2 minutes to do so. But they have to do it tru server connection. Please try no more frustration.

tolgaakcan
06-23-2011, 11:27 AM
MOst importantly what exactly caused that.. That really makes me wonder.

Toengel
06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I'd like to be more specific with question number 1:

When you have switch on your TV and watching TV for e.g. 10 minutes (to this point you did not try to go into Net Tv or IP-EPG). Now, when you press Net TV... does is start promptly or does the wizard occur and try to connect?

Toengel@Alex

Leonos
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I think that (almost) everyone has the eeprom problem right now and have no more automatic login anymore.
There probably is something wrong with the firmware causing the NetTV memory to get full or something causing it to not functioning as it should. Some cache clearing is not functioning or something.

Maybe there is some new seperate firmware available for the eeprom for NetTV, but I doubt it.
Clearing the memory will work for a while, but problems will get back sooner or later.

We just have to wait for new firmware that can do this automatic. New firmware is able to reflash the eeprom for NetTV, as it did some firmware releases ago.

As Tolga says, it just took 2 minutes, so why can't we do it ourselves ?

Did there come a mechanic to your house or did you have to give your mac address to the support desk ?

Chrissie18
06-23-2011, 07:41 PM
(...)
2-NO it appears right away. But to navigate through the menu you have to wait for 5-10 seconds. But it was like that any way wasn't it?

I actually find it unacceptable. I recently wanted to look at our local radar weatherservice to see if I could expect any rain and I probably was faster when I started my laptop.
If you have a consumer machine, you don't want to spent 5-10 seconds until you can navigat though the apps...
And than I'm not even starting about the minutes you'll have to wait until you got the connected to the server to see the main screen (while connected via wire, so not even need to connect to the wireless...)

I really want to love this TV, but the software really makes it hard... :(

tolgaakcan
06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi,
Here is the video I shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWL84Cb-umo
Go ask service man fix eprom.
You'll have no problem trust me.

tolgaakcan
06-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I meant 5-10 seconds navigate through the menu within nettv.. It may depend on connection speed or something.

I actually find it unacceptable. I recently wanted to look at our local radar weatherservice to see if I could expect any rain and I probably was faster when I started my laptop.
If you have a consumer machine, you don't want to spent 5-10 seconds until you can navigat though the apps...
..... :(

Leonos
06-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Yeah, once I have it running, I have the same speed. But the first time (when I'm gone watch TV) I always have to wait 10 secs before the ads appear and only then I'm able to navigate. But after that when i start NetTV I have the same speed as you posted on youtube. It's just the startup of NetTV that's not automatic anymore.

Toengel
06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
It's just the startup if NetTV that's not automatic anymore.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem...

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-24-2011, 10:08 AM
it has always been like that..

Please see http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?577-Net-TV-server-status

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem...

Toengel@Alex

Leonos
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM
It used to logon automatic, without the 'logon' screen which I have now.
Before I used to switch on my TV and after 2 minutes I just had to select NetTV and it was there immediatly.
So it logged on in the background.

Well I'm patient and I almost don't use the feature, so I can live with it right now.
I hope that no more functionality will suddenly dissapear on this TV in the upcoming months.

Toengel
06-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi,

the problem is, that for the IP-EPG it is the same... before I had NOT the "login wizard"... now I have...

Toengel@Alex

Philifiel
08-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Called helpdesk. Their statement is, that the planning is: solved in week 36 (this year). The are working on the NetTV server and on a new device driver release (v41, now latest is 39, for 32PFL7605H).

Toengel
08-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi,

firmware 140.40 was released yesterday for 8000/9000/21:9 series, 5000/7000 series will follow next week... This fixed the Net TV problem...

Toengel@Alex

Chrissie18
08-26-2011, 12:10 PM
maybe version 41 is the version that is pushed through the online TV update in two weeks...?