PDA

View Full Version : Philips NetTV ends/crashes when getting channel update

smart
05-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Hello,

when using NetTV (looking Videos, surfing on the apps) and the TV gets a channel update from the cable provider, then TV screen goes to black and after a few seconds/minutes it exits NetTV and show the last shown TV channel.

This is a bit of annoying since the cable provider (KabelBW) seems to update the channels very often. I don't know why they do so, but if using NetTV, I don't want to be disturbed by those message nor a crash.

I would accept the message, but the crash is annoying.

Thanks for investigation!

Greets

TV is: 42PFL7695K/02 with firmware: 0.140.37.0.

smart
07-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Does nobody else see those channels updated message?

Verklagekasper
09-26-2011, 01:34 AM
TV: 32PFL7486K/02, Software: 000.010.105.000

I had Net-TV crash two times while watching a video on Viewster today. Each time, after the crash, I got that channel update message telling me that channels would be updated during next standby. I also remember crashes in the IP-EPG which were followed by that message (the crashes usually have in common that either Net-TV or the IP-EPG don't react, sometimes with the progress dots blinking at the bottom; I can leave Net-TV/IP-EPG but it takes several attempts to reconnect). Maybe it's not the auto update itself but the TV's attempt to open message boxes while not in TV-mode that causes crashes? I just turned off the update messages now. I'll keep an eye on the issue to see if that helps. If not, I'll turn off automatic channel updating entirely (what does it do, anyway?) and see if that helps.

Verklagekasper
09-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I'll keep an eye on the issue to see if that helps. If not, I'll turn off automatic channel updating entirely (what does it do, anyway?) and see if that helps.
Well, it didn't help.

smart
10-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello,

I experienced that again. Also in viewster, during watching some videos, it crashed and I got the message for the channel update. After reboot it worked again.

It is a little difficult to give more details on it, since I can not say when a channel update is applied. So I can't do testing on it.

bta
10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi,

I have never observed such a behaviour in my tv set. It is 7605 H 12. I see that both of you have a xxxxK model. Perhaps this is a special problem of them.

Regards
Bta

Sommerman
10-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I have a 7606h/12 with firmware v0.14.76.0 and the same problem here!

smart
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
I have this also occurring on firmware 0.140.40.0. Saw, that I posted this some time ago.

krischik
02-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Does nobody else see those channels updated message?

I had that problem last night and this morning. I was wondering if it was a problem with USB media scan. But reading this thread I now know better.

It was not just the crash. The message promised a channel update on next standby. That too did not happen.

And when I did the channel update manually there where zero new channels. Thanks cablecom.