PDA

View Full Version : [Wish] Startup screen colour and logo modification (Re.: BDP8000)..

Paulo Roberto Elias
05-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I am not sure if that is feasible via a firmware update or not, but here it goes:

The startup opening screen with the "Philips" logo could, in my humble assessment, be made nicer if two things are altered:

1 - the background colour from light blue to a darker tone of blue or something to that effect: the current blue colour is too bright and unnecessarily so.

2 - the "Philips" logo is too large: it could be replaced by a smaller logo and/or with a design containing the logo and the Blu-Ray logo in a more fashionable way.

While these are cosmetic changes, and may not be too important to draw the attention of software designers, the fact is that opening screen is too much obtrusive, considering the stature of the player. A better design, ipso facto, would imply a classier impression on behalf of the viewer.

Rod
05-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi,

I'm working in Philips on Blu-ray players. Thank you very much for your input. Any idea is also valuable for us to further improve our products. I will take you comments and further discuss with our designerfor our new product launch. However, the current product BDP8000 is not possible to change on the Start up screen and logo. But definitely, we will consider your inputs for our new generation.

Paulo Roberto Elias
05-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi, Rod,

Thank you for reading and taking my suggestion into consideration, I suspected it couldn't be applied to the 8000.