PDA

View Full Version : 32PFL9604H (firmware 000.026.078.000 unstable with CI+)

mhermann
06-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi

I experience a lot of very annoying issues on my 32PFL9604H (firmware version 000.026.078.000 / release: 2010-07-15) in combination with my CI+ card/module (Cablecom/UPC Switzerland):

CI+ card/module (i.e. hardware) is sometimes not detected by the TV set at startup (reboot required)
"Verschlüsseltes Programm" (encrypted program) is shown very often and randomly either on all TV channels or at least on some of them (after startup or during runtime / reboot required)
Extremely slow re-arrangement of TV channels
Slow menu navigation
Startup of the TV set is very slow (takes approx. 1 min.)

In some forums, user complain about the same problems with that firmware especially in combination with the CI+ card/module from Cablecom/UPC. Without the card/module the above issues don't occur. Replacing the card/module didn't solve the problems.

Furthermore there are the following issues:

IP-EPG: The clock that shows the current time is missing (only today's date and day is available)
IP-EPG: TV-preview (in the left upper corner, above the advertisment) is missing and there is no sound
Program/channel guide (INFO button): Slow information update in program/channel guide: Clock remains on 02:00-02:01 and there is no text available for approx. 10s.
Program/channel guide (INFO button): No vertical navigation available in program guide. Text is cut after three lines and has three points at the end of the last line.
Pop-up bar with program/channel information at the upper screen area (the one that is displayed every time the channel is switched) is sometimes empty (i.e. clock remains on 02:00-02:01 and there's no text).

Philips, please release a firmware that fixes these issues! The firmware is already one year old!

Thank you.

mhermann
06-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Is there someone who experienced some or more of the above mentioned problems? Will there be a new firmware for that TV set, soon?

mhermann
07-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, there is still no new firmware available that solves these problems. Especially the CI+ card issues are extremely annoying!

Philips - Remko
07-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Dear mhermann,

Please get in contact with your local call center http://www.philips.com/global/index.page

Kind regards,

mhermann
07-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I've already done that serveral times since February 2011. Philips always told me that they've sent the list of problems to the developers, but never received a solution. Additionally, they told me that they don't know if any new firmware will be published for the 2009 TV-models anymore.

In my opinon the 32PFL9604H with FW 000.026.078.000 isn't compatible with the CI+ module of Cablecom/UPC (Switzerland). I had almost similar problems with a 8000 series model (2010), told it Philips and they fixed it in a new firmware. So why don't they solve the issues for an older TV model, too?

Dear mhermann,

Please get in contact with your local call center http://www.philips.com/global/index.page

Kind regards,