PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.37.0 for 5xx5, 6xx5, and 7xx5 series (2010 models)

Toengel
06-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi,

please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?730-Software-overview-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models)): new, old, positive, negative...

tpower2
06-07-2011, 10:06 AM
The FU**ING sound problem remains!!!!! And this for 7 months now! Nice job, guys!!! If you have such support, you don't need enemies.

saskog
06-07-2011, 10:08 AM
HDMI sound drops problem remains.

Tested on 32PFL5405H/12 - sound drops on HDMI port are back only minutes after upgrade.

:mad:

is there EVER going to be a fix for this issue??? :confused:

Quaster80
06-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Teletext does not always work ...
Only when i restart the tv-channel, the teletext works

Toengel
06-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi,

I can confirm the "Teletext does not always work" - also in the same setting sometimes nothing happen if I start the IP-EPG...

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
- IP EPG for Ziggo users with CI+ still not fixed, so also on the 8000-serie it will not be fixed...
- Still no now/nex box when zapping (complaint since august 2010)
- Still sound-drops
- Teletext not functioning now!!!!
- Still No USB-recording (complaint since may 2011)

Is this an update??

carlosfm
06-07-2011, 11:16 PM
I've updated my 37PFL7605H/12 and noticed one thing right away: my cable box is now much faster changing channels.
It's not the cable box, actually - nothing has changed there.
It's the TV that locks to the HDMI image/resolution much faster.
From my part, thank you Philips. :)

theflyer1972
06-08-2011, 05:23 AM
- IP EPG for Ziggo users with CI+ still not fixed, so also on the 8000-serie it will not be fixed...
- Still no now/nex box when zapping (complaint since august 2010)
- Still sound-drops
- Teletext not functioning now!!!!
- Still No USB-recording (complaint since may 2011)

Is this an update??
no it s a partial bug fixing !!!!

Pab_lox
06-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi!
I've upgraded my 40pfl7605h/12 and I can see very good resolution and clear view on the screen. I am happy with this firmware. The firmware before: Q5551_0.140.36.0 - was the worst ever, but now almost everything is good - except WiFi Media Connect - when I want to watch a movie from PC - the sound doesn't work properly - when I want to make speaker up by remote control on my TV then the sound in my PC is louder and similar action when I want to make sound lower. Except this the sound from PC microphone is on TV even I switch the sound level to Zero (0) in PC Manager. Please fix it Philips Customer Service.

Aleks
06-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Hello. FW 140. 37 bit worse for SD satellite channels (Ukraine, Russia), compared with 140. 36. There is a slight deviation of pixels from the contour of the object. Please protestriruyte following FW
on the channels SD (MPEG - 2)! In Ukraine, Russia and the CIS are very few HD channels, so please make efforts to improve analog and digital signals for satellite SD channels!

Pab_lox
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
You're right Aleks!This firmware is very good for HD channels and for SD channels could be better.From some time the mpeg-2 codecs processing is no good! When I've bought the TV set with custom firmware (about half year ago) every thing was good - SD channels looked very impresive. Nowadays they looks worst compared to HD Ready TV sets

Erikrijnders
06-08-2011, 03:56 PM
The FU**ING sound problem remains!!!!! And this for 7 months now! Nice job, guys!!! If you have such support, you don't need enemies.

Curious: do you have these probs in the Netherlands or in an other country? And does the problem apear with channels with 5.1 DD or on other channels too?

nencak
06-09-2011, 08:36 AM
sound drops and macro blocks 42pfl5405h/12 country serbia, using set top box which is conected to tv via scart...macro blocks apear via anthena connector too...

Toengel
06-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi,

sound drops via SCART?

Toengel@Alex

tpower2
06-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Curious: do you have these probs in the Netherlands or in an other country? And does the problem apear with channels with 5.1 DD or on other channels too?

I'm from Slowenia, tv model 40PFL7605H/12. The problem apears for all signals via HDMI conection, especialy for the conection with my PC or laptop. I'm using an IP tv provider, also some HD chanels are included. Sound drops happen on all chanels. I reduced them by seting all setings to default, but they still remain, especial after switching between different sorces (tv, pc, dvd, etc.) Sometimes the sound totaly disapears after changing sorce. I'm also unable to recive dvb-t signals (they should be compatible - confirmed by local philips suport), works great on other tv brands (LG, Samsung, SONY).

i already purchased a new Samsung tv - and i'm very heppy with it (super sound and image quality, subtitles, compatible with all sorces, much cheeper for same performance, ect) :)!! But i can not get rid of the 40PFL7605H/12, because every one know the issues and noone will buy it :(

tpower2
06-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi,

sound drops via SCART?

Toengel@Alex

Image quality is via SCART much worser and I don't know where to get a 4m long SCART cable. And NO, no sound drop at SCART. By the way, HDMI is the only posibility to conect my PC or Laptop.

Erikrijnders
06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Well, Ziggo-people say the sound drops appear with DD5.1, can anybody check?

Aleks
06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Respected company Philips! Please make the next FW to improve the image quality of satellite channels format SD. FW 075. 13. 43 very good job with it. FW 140. 036 improved viewing. FW 140
. 037 worsened the view. Visible shift of pixels inside the contours of objects. Please develop an improved algorithm of video processing for SD satellite channels.
Why develop a new and thus degrade the old! Many users of Ukraine and Russia do not have HD channels and watching SD via satellite receivers. Here the frequency
some Ukrainian satellite channels, please test them on their next FW (satellite Amos 4W 11389 H 27500 Enter movie). With respect to you! I hope for your help! _

aynali007
06-10-2011, 08:12 AM
I have noticed that the video function is not shown on Turkish right. the special characters in the Turkish spelling ğ ı ş be translated correctly. How to improve the version in the next update?

HWAM
06-10-2011, 09:06 AM
HDMI Sound /video problem still exists. For example a Humax. Philips is not able to fix this issue. Especially full HD Ned. 1/2/3 Ziggo. I mailed Philips again and I'm waiting for response. I hate it.

Toengel
06-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I have noticed that the video function is not shown on Turkish right. the special characters in the Turkish spelling ğ ı ş be translated correctly. How to improve the version in the next update?

Hi,

what exactly is translated wrong in which place?

Toengel@Alex

nencak
06-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Image quality is via SCART much worser and I don't know where to get a 4m long SCART cable. And NO, no sound drop at SCART. By the way, HDMI is the only posibility to conect my PC or Laptop.

i have sound drops via hdmi, macro blocks apear via scart and anthena ...

aynali007
06-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi,

what exactly is translated wrong in which place?

Toengel@Alex

ğ ı ş this is turkish but the symbol are $ & % and not c g i s
i will the correct turkish symbols and the symbol come not correct

I have format in the video settings as the preferred text already set in Turkish but it will not improve it letters come with the Turkish special characters completely wrong. my 10 year old Philips TV could why can not the new

Erikrijnders
06-10-2011, 03:38 PM
HDMI Sound /video problem still exists. For example a Humax. Philips is not able to fix this issue. Especially full HD Ned. 1/2/3 Ziggo. I mailed Philips again and I'm waiting for response. I hate it.

Indeed these channels because they have DD5.1. SBS doesnot have this e.g. The problem lays in the audio-format.

Can anyone test this?

Chrissie18
06-10-2011, 06:17 PM
My sound drops are always together with a total black-out of the video as well.
I think I've also noticed it once when I was just watching the Windows Desktop, so no TV channel with/o DD5.1...

Lech1
06-12-2011, 03:07 PM
There are still sound drops on 32PFL5405H12 with Philips DSR 6201/91 over HDMI with this version. No improvement at all.

banjeep
06-13-2011, 03:33 PM
i have sound drops on channel hd when i use connection in wifi,
are intermittent.
I noticed a worse quality video on channels in sd

ps:
philips dear, before it is too late and you lose your customers change the firmware programmers

country Italy

Pab_lox
06-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Has anybody had problems with watching anything on TV from PC by WIFI since new upgrade of the firmware (ver.37)?
I have a problem: when I watch any content from PC on my 40pfl7605 by WIFI (wireless router) and when I want to volume up the sound on TV set by remote control then I don't know how but the sound on my PC is volumming up almost with the same time. Except this there is a sound from PC microphone apears on TV speakers and I can hear my voice if I say anything - very weird. Never before weren't any problems with...
Could You fix these problems Philips Customer Service? - Please.

black.stream
06-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Hello guys,
a month ago i bought philips lcd led 40PFL6605/12H and i'm really content with it. Also there are few questions about software: Can you improve your media player (it is really hard to speed up play speed settings, and it goes really slow). Maybe you can put scene selection or something similar. And when i play jpg pitcure from usb it looks great, but when it's on scenea it looks kind of really white or something like that.
But tv is just great. Design and functions and everything. Greeting from Croatia!
And one question more: Sometimes my tv does not react on some remote controls like program switch, so i tried to switch program on the buttons that are on tv, but nothing happedend. I turrned my tv out of power, turned it back on, and everithhing works now. This also happeded on older firmwares.

BaYRoLeX
06-17-2011, 12:15 AM
HDMI sound drops problem remains.

more macro blocks at SD chanells (TURKEY)

petasis
06-17-2011, 10:15 AM
What is the signal strength of your SD channels you see macroblocks?

(I am lucky, I have never seen a single macroblock on my 9705, but my signal strength is very good).

Sagittarius
06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Hello all

Since I still had the macroblocks problem on SF1,
SF2 SFinfo and HDsuisse from time to time (SRG1
packet on CH 36, 594Mhz QAM256) I updated to
140.37 now but the Problem still exists while my
DVD-Recorder Panasonic DMR-EX93C does not
show any problems on its DVB-C tuner at all!

Now I found something very interesting! As soon
the macroblocks are starting I am touching either
the antenna cable which is coming from the DVD-
recorder together with the HDMI which leads to
the recorder, the macroblocks are stopping! I also
can touch the back of the TV set at the plastic case
near the antenna input and HDMI1 socket, the
macroblocks disappear! What the hell!!!

I am very wondering if you can confirm this
behaviour on your TV set, too, as soon you have
those macroblocks!

As soon I walk away from the TV I have the blocks
again!

So my opinion now is: this can not be solved by a
firmware update!!!

I believe, it seems it has to do something with:

- bad groundings
- sheath currents
- bad tuner (kind of self oscillation maybe)
- bad solder joints

I am now investigating this problem on the RF side
with RF or ferrit chokes according to my knowledge.

I also have a HAMA sheath current filter but if I
connect this one between antenna and recorder or
TV I do not receive anymore (no signal is coming
thru this filter unfortunately).

Now I would like to hear from all who have still this
macroblock problem, what is happening, if you touch
either the cables near the input connectors at the
back or if you touch them together with the plastic
shield (case) next to the antenna connector. Maybe there are some electronic engineers around who
can tell more. I am just a radio amateur so my
knowledge is a little limited to basics.

Regards, Chris

pdemo
06-18-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi,

I advise you to check and change the antenna plug

Sagittarius
06-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Hello pdemo

Another option is to replace the cable. I will go to
a shop soon to buy an new, short cable for my
connection from DVD recorder to the TV. Of course
I will take not the cheepest one, it has to be a good
one, not the delivered one anymore which was
added to the recorder.

I allready have e brand new good antenna cable
wiht 100dB shielding and ferrites at the ends from
the antenna socket at the wall leading to my DVD
recorder.

But one funny thing is, if I deconnect this cable
from the DVD recorder and I put it directly to the
TV, there is still this macroblock problem!

At the moment all is ok, no macroblocks, but it
will reappeare, that's for sure! It's just a matter
of time (hours or days, maybe a few weeks) until
it reappears.

I mailed my message and opinion also to PHILIPS
directly. If I am lucky, they will read it and if I am
very lucky, I will get an answer much earlier than
5 weeks like it needed last time :-(

Regards, Chris

pdemo
06-18-2011, 09:52 AM
I think Philips tuners are very medium and not enough protection.

This is lowcoast.

petasis
06-18-2011, 10:40 AM
I think all these are related to your signal strength.
I think it should be obligatory that users complaining about macro-blocks also report their signal strength.

Regarding tuners, at least on the 9000 series I have, are really good.

banjeep
06-18-2011, 01:08 PM
for me the macroblocks is not a signal problem, because in some firmware, the firmware microblocks are minor and others are more obvious, in my area the signal is 95% and 90% quality is impossible to have more, with a measuring instrument.

in my tv i connecting wifi usb have macroblocks audio evident,i disconnecting the wifi and no have macroblock in any channel
this problem is really annoying for a TV
fw 140.037 country italy
Sorry for my English

pdemo
06-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Regarding tuners, at least on the 9000 series I have, are really good.
You have chance but with a medium signal, Philips is not as good as Sony for example.

We already had this discussion in another topic

Aleks
06-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Hello. And as you show the satellite channels in SD on the last FW? I'm still while watching a football game in sharpness (definition 3) I see a slight shift
pixels around the contour of players (a satellite receiver connected to TV via SCART with RGB) I appeal to programmers of the company, please solve this problem and improve the image quality SD channels in your next FW. In FW. 140. 36 were significant improvements on
last FW worse again. You are getting close to solving the problem. Please solve the problem completely. Test your next FW internationally SD channel at its discretion to
TV 5605 H / 12. TV is good, but it worked much better on the FW 075. 13. 43. Maybe compare video processing algorithms? With respect to you.

. (my signal quality 80 - 90%)

petasis
06-18-2011, 04:52 PM
for me the macroblocks is not a signal problem, because in some firmware, the firmware microblocks are minor and others are more obvious, in my area the signal is 95% and 90% quality is impossible to have more, with a measuring instrument.

in my tv i connecting wifi usb have macroblocks audio evident,i disconnecting the wifi and no have macroblock in any channel
this problem is really annoying for a TV
fw 140.037 country italy
Sorry for my English

Quality is more important than strength. The fact that you have 90%, means that errors in your signal cannot be fully corrected by the error correction algorithms. There is some problem with your signal.

Regarding the usb wifi, just use an extension cable to move it away from your tv.

petasis
06-18-2011, 04:54 PM
You have chance but with a medium signal, Philips is not as good as Sony for example.

We already had this discussion in another topic

Which topic?
I don't have a sony, but I have a panasonic. And the tuner of my 9705 is better than the one in panasonic.

pdemo
06-18-2011, 06:41 PM
This topic http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1332-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.34.0-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models)./page7&p=6941

globetrotter
06-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I'am still having problems with the black screen, when leaving Net TV.

banjeep
06-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Regarding the usb wifi, just use an extension cable to move it away from your tv.
I will make a try, thanks

however, my signal is perfect, other TV does not have this problem with the wifi for me is the firmware.

petasis
06-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I will make a try, thanks

however, my signal is perfect, other TV does not have this problem with the wifi for me is the firmware.

Do the other TVs accept a wifi stick? Which model is your sony TV?

Shurakai
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I've discovered a little but annoying bug since I upgraded my 42PFL7655K02 to version 140.37.
When watching content from my BDP5180 (bluray, DLNA, USB-Stick doesnt matter) and then turning off the bdp because I want to swich back to television, the remote control of the TV does not work anymore. Or better to say the TV does not react on commands anymore. The lightguide LED is still blinking when I hit a button on the remote, but nothing happens. I cannot even shut down the TV to standby mode. The only thing that works is shutting down the TV by pressing the powder button on the TV, wait for some seconds and then turn it on again. After that the TV responds normal to commands from the remote control. This problem is reproducible again and again.
As soon as the TV looses the signal from the HDMI-Side in my case, the TV freezes and does not react anymore.
I've tried Easylink on/off on both deviced, but no matter what i chose, the problem persists.

The only way to keep the TV working as intended it to switch back to Television via the home screen first and then turn off the BDP.

depos
06-23-2011, 09:37 AM
40PFL7605H/12 2010 model
Sound problem still remains. I bought a useless TV. What is the procedure to get my money back???!!!
I have enough of this shit!!!!!!
PHILIPS you are losing customers, do something!!!

Sagittarius
06-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Hello again

After a week of trouble-free or let's say macroblock-free operation of my
32PFL5605H/12 the problem occoured again this evening. The antenna
cable was alredy replaced before with a 100dB one with ferrites at the ends.

While it happened I tried more ground connectings via the cinch connectors
to my hifi-amp and more groundings to other eqimpment but no success.

The only thing which helped was to hold again my hand above the region
which has some holes for airflow above the five cinch connectors for video
input at the back side.

PHILIPS, you can't solve a problem by firmware which only can be solved by
"handware" ;-))))))) (what a funny electronic company it must be :-))))

After half an hour all was ok again....hmmm...

Since nobody has problems with macroblocks anymore and since nobody
can force or confirm this behaviour on his own 32PFL5605, too, I would
say I don't care about anymore if I am the only one. Shit happens...

But my Panasonic DVD recorder is doing a very fine job if the PHILIPS
tuner will fail again...so what...

By the way I still like the TV set anyway and the picture is really good.
Pity is, PHILIPS isn't answering or commenting here, they don't care at
all...pity, really pity...but this is my impression.

Have fun (or not) with your TV set!
Regards, Chris

...and, PHILIPS, by the way...I would like to change the weather,
can't you do this by firmware in the new v0.140.38.0 next month?

...just kidding, what else should I do instead?.

Franck78
06-25-2011, 09:03 PM

-get the service manual
-open the case
-visually check connection
-try to remove all boards and check for dry joint, especially metalic shields if any
-recheck connectors

Franck

Franck78
06-25-2011, 09:09 PM
-put it horizontally
-power on the tv
-drop some water near the power board (see service manual)
-call Philips warranty service !

Water will disturb regulators in the power stage, blowing everything beside it.
Then water will vanish

jselu
06-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Since installing the firmwire on the tv 40pfl7605h_12 140.037, a local channel in my town you come macroblocks in large quantities and often too much out, I tried other HD tuners to see if I tuned the antenna and back channels the tv and nothing remains the same this is the new firewire as before did not, for what it's worth I'm from Spain sevilla city and canal 20TV macroblocks is, I hope to settle it in next firmwire.

livkey
06-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Hi All, please add to this:
- no shortcut for sleeptimer on the green button (request since December2010)
-when adjusting the volume , the subtitles dissapear for more than 5 seconds after the volume has dissapeared from the screen..., why subtitles not remain in the screen meanwhile ???????
-still no option to set up some shortcuts for the inner keypad and the OK button....
-wake up the TV from channell direct button?...as pressing "4" to wake up on channell 4.....
-the stereo balance of AmbiLight...
there are some more.. but it is late in the night so......better to make a new wish list folks ??..someone wiser can start it ... thx.
enjoy your tv's

markus
07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi guys,

it's been a while since my last post on firmware (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1332-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.34.0-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models).&p=5825&viewfull=1#post5825). I still had audio drop outs with 140.037 so Philips email support suggested to send the TV in for repair. This is what has happened so far:

- Bought Philips TV 52PFL5605H/12
- Sound drops over HDMI and S/PDIF on channels with Dolby Digital audio stream. Solution was promised by Philips through upcoming firmware updates.
- Applied all Philips firmware updates up to 140.37, sound drops remain
- Philips email support: "Send in for repair"
- TV was picked up and sent to Sertronics Switzerland for repair. Error was confirmed and repaired.
- TV returned from repair service
- CAM module reports error "Authentication error - Authentication between TV set and module has failed.16". Can't watch any digital channels and therefore can't check if sound problem still persist.
- Philips support chat: "Problem is with cablecom"
- New CI+ module card
- Authentication error 16, again
- Cablecom phone support: "Card should work. Latest Cablecom-verified Philips software is 140.36"
- Philips support chat: "Send in for repair."
- TV will be picked up and sent to Sertronics for repair a second time. ... to be continued.

markus
07-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Update to http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1731-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.37.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-(2010-models)&p=8905&viewfull=1#post8905

- Called Sertronics to pick up TV for repair
- Sertronics "You will receive a call to confirm pickup date"
- Called Sertronics to ask for pickup date
- Sertronics: "No repair request in system. Request is now entered, someone will call within the next day to confirm pickup date."

markus
07-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Update to http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1731-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.37.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-(2010-models)&p=9022&viewfull=1#post9022

- Sertronics called and asked for error description again: "You will receive a call today or tomorrow morning to confirm pickup date. You'll get a replacement TV for the time of repair"
- Sertronics called: "TV will be picked up on 14.07."
- TV was picked up for repair. Got a Sony KDL-46EX710 as temporary replacement. CI+ card works just fine with the Sony TV. No sound drops in Dolby Digital audio streams so far.

dif0r
07-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I have a 32PFL5405H LCD and there are sound problems when switching HDMI inputs.
My setup:
HDMI1 - STB
HDMI2 - PC

If i watch TV on HDMI1 and then switch to HDMI2 to just watch pictures from my PC or videos for a hour (only picture is streamed no audio) and then switch back to HDMI1 there's no sound (or only crackly sound)

but if I watch TV on HDMI1, switch to HDMI2 and watch a movie with audio and then switch back to HDMI1 everything works fine..

So looks there's a software problem or something? I've already tried all firmwares from the first one that was installed and now for the last one but there's no difference.

damjan
07-23-2011, 06:06 PM
I have 42pfl5405 and still experience sound drop outs. Update to the newest firmware did not solve the problem. I use only hdmi inputs - cable tv and pc. This is very annoying. I will surely ask for refund if the problem is not solved soon.

markus
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Update to http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1731-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.37.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-(2010-models)&p=9072&viewfull=1#post9072

- TV returned from 2nd repair service
- CI+ card works but there are still sound dropouts on channels with Dolby Digital audio stream
- Philips TV 52PFL5605H/12 was returned for 3rd repair attempt and Sony KDL-46EX710 remained as temporary replacement

Reload
07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
There seems to be a new firmware for the 5xx5, 6xx5 and 7xx5.
No release notes online yet...

nencak
07-27-2011, 12:54 PM
i tried it allready, no improvments for me...42pfl5405h
all known issues are still there..

theflyer1972
07-27-2011, 01:44 PM
hei MOD the FW 140.039 is already done for 5xxx 6xxxx close this and open a new thread :)

Sagittarius
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Update to http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1731-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.37.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-(2010-models)&p=9072&viewfull=1#post9072 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1731-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.37.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-%282010-models%29&p=9072&viewfull=1#post9072)

...was returned for 3rd repair attempt and Sony KDL-46EX710 remained as temporary replacement

Hello Markus

Wow, for the 3rd time, what a big shame, this is hard indeed!. Wonder what happened and why
they aren't able to fix this right from the beginning.

Sorry to hear but I think it's time to let the PHILIPS at the service station und you keep the
SONY for your own as FULL replacement.

I would try to contact the company management of PHILIPS by letter to tell that you are
unlucky (...you are unlucky, aren't you?) with this whole situation.

Glad my 32PFL5605/H12 is working fine with the exception of the well known macroblock
problem which can be solved by temporary touching the back of the case around the tuner area.

But since the macroblocks only appear randomly and only on the 4 swiss channels for a few
minutes I can live with it.

All the best and enjoy your SONY TV in the future!

Regards, Chris

Whatts
07-27-2011, 09:34 PM
This is my fifth but last Philips TV, I'm switching to Samsung.
I can understand why the Philips TV department is losing money, not a single firmware update has solved a problem without adding at least one new problem.

Since 140.36 I've not had a functioning network connection over wifi.
140.37 didn't solve anything, neither did factory settings.
I got home over an hour ago and still haven't been able to watch anything from a share on my home network.
And don't even get me started on the lack of subtitles on local media...

Goodbye Philips...

petasis
07-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Why don't you also try with the new 140.39?

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2002-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.39.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-(2010-models)&p=9687#post9687 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2002-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.39.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-%282010-models%29&p=9687#post9687)

Philips - Thomas
07-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi

New Software is out.
Please all, Update the TV sets and continue with Discussion here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2002-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.39.0-for-5xx5-6xx5-and-7xx5-series-%282010-models%29&p=9687#post9687)

Regards
Thomas