PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.37.0 for 8xx5 and 9xx5 series (2010 models)

Marco
06-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?729-Software-overview-for-8xx5-and-9xx5-series-(2010-models)): new, old, positive, negative.... (e.g. the "black screens during zapping" problem is solved!).

=============================================

PS. Does someone has version 037 installed?
I've version 034 on my 9705 TV, and didn't install 036 because of the problems with 036.

petasis
06-11-2011, 08:06 AM
This is an English forum...
I suppose the post above says that firmware 140.37 has been released for 8000 & 9000 series...

Toengel
06-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Hi,

changelog should be the same as for the 5000 and 7000 series...

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
06-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Improved: As far as i can see there is no breakdown of my WIFI any more while powered on. Consumption not changed. Perfect natural motion at minimum was reduced i think, i have to set it to medium now to be able to read tickers.

But unfortunately no IP-EPG added to DVB-S (VERY IMPORTANT TO ADD!!!!)

johny_sk
06-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately, Philips does not resolve the audio dropouts even in this fw. I am disappointed in life I nor my colleagues that the company will not buy the product.

Erikrijnders
06-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Indeed AND NO IP-EPG WITH DVB-C/CI+ IN THE NETHERLANDS EITHER

VERY IMPORTANT SO SOLVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again no now/nextfunctiion when zapping, asked for a hundred times. Something that is in the specs of my tv, bus simply isnot there. I want to get what I paid for!

Freddy
06-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Perfect natural motion at minimum was reduced i think, i have to set it to medium now to be able to read tickers.:confused: Is this the case for everyone!?... I'm confused about this statement, as with the "good old" :p 140.25 I don't need PNM at all to be able to read tickers; just Clear LCD. How is this for all of you here?...

bugmenot
06-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Hello,
"No Signal" is present again after the Update!! And i think, the 3D is worse than in the past...

Toengel
06-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi,

try to hard switch off the TV for 5 minutes... and try again.

Toengel@Alex

xtremap26s
06-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Hallo... with the 037 version has solved the problem "no channels available".?
otherwise how can I fix this?
thanks

Toengel
06-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi,

it seems that Philips is not aware that the problem is present in many countries - they fixed it only for Finland (as it is written in the release notes).

Toengel@Alex

bugmenot
06-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi,

try to hard switch off the TV for 5 minutes... and try again.

Toengel@Alex

Thank You, Toengel,
i try at this moment. Maybe it helps:rolleyes:

HeSa
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
thanks

Hard switch off by main switch or pull AC cable. Wait for several minutes en try again. It helps here. No more problem witch "No channels available"

petasis
06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
thanks

No, it hasn't fix it.

petasis
06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
I have noticed something strange to day, after a few days with 140.37. The picture settings were messed up...
My sat receiver has changed completely from "natural" to personal, the TV channels remained "natural", but various settings inside natural have changed. Most natural options were off (scanning backlight, super resolution, local dimming), but gamma was ok.
Really, strange, I restored everything to the values I had...

raverke95
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I have noticed something strange to day, after a few days with 140.37. The picture settings were messed up...
My sat receiver has changed completely from "natural" to personal, the TV channels remained "natural", but various settings inside natural have changed. Most natural options were off (scanning backlight, super resolution, local dimming), but gamma was ok.

Now I'm running on 140.36, before on 140.34, I regularly had the same issue as you're experiencing. With 140.36 this problem looks to be solved here.

Unbelievable Philips needs so much updates before they can offer you a good one.:confused:

xtremap26s
06-13-2011, 06:26 PM
..Hard switch off by main switch or pull AC cable. Wait for several minutes en try again. It helps here. No more problem witch "No channels available"...
I have not solved the problem ... my tv is 46pfl8685... there are other solutions?

thanks

ch_harald
06-14-2011, 09:14 AM

Same for me with .34 (and even before). This happens now and then on my 46PFL9705K. In my case also Ambilight settings are off. Looks like that this is caused by a "bad" boot of the TV, cause when I switch off and on everything is fine again and no need to adapt the settings manually... - nevertheless annoying though

petasis
06-14-2011, 09:37 AM
What are the release notes of the 140.37 firmware for 9000 series?

punschula
06-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Same for me with .34 (and even before). This happens now and then on my 46PFL9705K. In my case also Ambilight settings are off. Looks like that this is caused by a "bad" boot of the TV, cause when I switch off and on everything is fine again and no need to adapt the settings manually... - nevertheless annoying though

Hello,
the same happens to my 52PFL8605K from time to time with every Software-Update. Its a thing from 1 Time, after them it works without problems for weeks.
The "No Signal/Channel Problem is the same with the 37. Software (and yes, i have hard switched off for several times, but without success). And i am now shure, that the 3D is much more worst than in the past. I have testet with the same Movies in the past and now with Software 37. The Ghosting are more unacctetable as befor. Can this confirming any one from you?

Cinema 21:9
06-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Will there be because some day a solution to the aberrations of the spotted flashing Localdimming in darker low-contrast images for the film Cinema 21:9?
It can not be that is the premium device of a manufacturer not shut off after so long an image error?
Also, it is an imposition that your support confirmed knowledge about the error and suggests a solution to switch off the Localdimming!
You buy such a device but only because this technique!

Google Translator

frgall
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
..Hard switch off by main switch or pull AC cable. Wait for several minutes en try again. It helps here. No more problem witch "No channels available"...
I have not solved the problem ... my tv is 46pfl8685... there are other solutions?

thanks

hI
i own a 40pfL8605/12, i 'm from Paris in France. i ve updated to the latest firmware 037 and i have the same problem when i start the TV, it shows" No channels available"... I've tried the procedure to hard switch off by main switch and wait several minutes. I've done that several times but the problem still remain.
is there anything else to do except call the hot line ?
Thanks for any one help

Toengel
06-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi,

this bug was introduced with firmware 140.36 - I don't know why Philips did NOT fixed this in 140.37. They should be already aware of this bug...

Toengel@Alex

Leonos
06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Is this '37' release indeed officially released for the 8xxx and 9xxx series ?
If not then you maybe should not install it.
Maybe Philips is on the right track now and have seperated the release for the 7x series and the 8x/9x series.
(but I think this is unfortunatly not the case and will this 37 release be the same for the 8x/9x series)
Maybe they want to test it on the 7x series first before they try to release it on the more expensive 8x/9x series.

Regarding the x-talk issue, many times I have posted Philips a workable solution for the X-talk for the 8x/9x tv's and always these solutions would be proposed to the development team, but in the end nothing is fixed.

What bothers me the most is that Philips is working on things WE DON'T WANT, like new looks of the NetTV, which caused it to be very slow compared to the previous layout, probably caused by the anoying ads which needs a lot of time to load. And in every release it seems to get worse.

Second, why in gods name are they developing a remote for the Android/IPhone.
Yeah it's nice to have and fun to develop, but please develop these gimmicks only if the TV is functioning correct !

punschula
06-15-2011, 07:49 AM
If not then you maybe should not install it.
Maybe Philips is on the right track now and have seperated the release for the 7x series and the 8x/9x series.
(but I think this is unfortunatly not the case and will this 37 release be the same for the 8x/9x series)
Maybe they want to test it on the 7x series first before they try to release it on the more expensive 8x/9x series.

Regarding the x-talk issue, many times I have posted Philips a workable solution for the X-talk for the 8x/9x tv's and always these solutions would be proposed to the development team, but in the end nothing is fixed.

What bothers me the most is that Philips is working on things WE DON'T WANT, like new looks of the NetTV, which caused it to be very slow compared to the previous layout, probably caused by the anoying ads which needs a lot of time to load. And in every release it seems to get worse.

Second, why in gods name are they developing a remote for the Android/IPhone.
Yeah it's nice to have and fun to develop, but please develop these gimmicks only if the TV is functioning correct !

Yeah Leonos,

i am shure, this is exact written, what the most of us users want! But i think, Philips is sitting on the screen and is amused of us poor users. Maybe they work at Night in a sadomasochism-studio and work on new "Updates" for us :-)

Toengel
06-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Hi,

why not? It is available on the support websites...

Toengel@Alex

rollufje
06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi,

I hoped the sorting of files when using a USB drive wordt be "sorted out".
I can't figure out why'the files get sorted by it seems creation / modify date.

Chrissie18
06-16-2011, 05:23 AM
They probably use the list you get when retrieving the files.
Just like the old days with DOS' dir command...

Paladium
06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Device detection in 140.37 is still appaling.On top of that since 140.36 I'm having some minor sounddrops, synchronisation problems and the "no programm available" alert.

For what it's worth: in my opinion Philips still doesn't know what the excact problem is and how to adress it. It seems the sole purpose of these sw updates is to single out the root cause of the problems we are reporting here. Given the long period of time they are working on this already I'm afraid a final solution will not be available for a long time.

It has been mentioned here earlier: I'm glad I didn't buy this TV for my mother. I'm afraid I had to go over there every night to fix some problem.

PFL46 9705 wk 36 2010 sw 140.37
BDP8000 sw 1.56
Yamaha YSP4100 sw 7.03

rollufje
06-17-2011, 08:59 AM
40pfl8605 (NL):

Here the "channel not available" (?) problem is gone after upgrading to .37
After the update was applied I switched off the TV with the switch on the back.
Maybe when you apply the update and do a soft reboot the problem persists.

mhermann
06-17-2011, 04:59 PM
On the 37PFL8605K (CH) the message appears very seldom and only for about 1 second, then it luckily disappears.

Ontracker
06-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I was wrong, WIFI-Problem persists, my Fritzbox still looses all connections when activating my TV, but i can not see any pattern why

petasis
06-18-2011, 10:34 AM
On the 37PFL8605K (CH) the message appears very seldom and only for about 1 second, then it luckily disappears.

And you see a channel, or a black screen?

Jeroen61
06-18-2011, 11:57 PM
SOUNDDROPS......SOMEBODY REMEMBERS THEM ???

Well I do because every now and then they pop-up.

The release notes don't mention any fix, guess Philips gave up on it.

Q55xx_0.140.37.0(Publication date: 2011-06-09)
Solution for the 40PFL9705K/02 + all TV550 - OSD "videoformat not
supported",with WISI STB OR194.
Solution for Finland Welho Cable network: no video decoded on mosaic
channels.
Solution for 2nd language drops back to first language after some time.
Solution for 32PFL7605H/60, 40PFL8605H/60, problem with letters in Net TV.
Availability for Latvia about DVB-T full profile.

Because this forum is declared official by Philips, I think they read this. So Philips, please tell us what is the status in this

petasis
06-19-2011, 07:50 AM
I think they have given up on this.

johngialips
06-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Solution for the 40PFL9705K/02 + all TV550 - OSD "videoformat not
Solution for Finland Welho Cable network: no video decoded on mosaic
channels.
Solution for 2nd language drops back to first language after some time.
Solution for 32PFL7605H/60, 40PFL8605H/60, problem with letters in Net TV.
Availability for Latvia about DVB-T full profile.

Because this forum is declared official by Philips, I think they read this. So Philips, please tell us what is the status in this

there are more possibilities you go to the moon than officially (xaxaxa) philips answer to you or to anybody else who have a serious question.

raverke95
06-19-2011, 10:07 AM
A few firmware versions ago I've had also the sounddrops, but made my own solution. I switched my "ambilight wall-colour" to white instead of brown (the colour of my wall) and all the sounddrop problems were gone.

Actually I did this because a not syncronised picture and sound. By setting the ambilight background on white, the picture's responding time was a lot faster. Maybe this is a helpful solution.

(Now I'm running 140.36 and still no problems anymore with sounddrops)

Erikrijnders
06-19-2011, 01:14 PM

• Solution for the 40PFL9705K/02 + all TV550 - OSD "videoformat not
• Solution for Finland Welho Cable network: no video decoded on mosaic
channels.
• Solution for 2nd language drops back to first language after some time.
• Solution for 32PFL7605H/60, 40PFL8605H/60, problem with letters in Net TV.
• Availability for Latvia about DVB-T full profile.

Well in my opinion this forum can be an official forum, but Philips doesnot listen at all. I still have the problem with IP-EPG withg CI+ en Ziggo ads in this case Philips isnot willing to do anything in the direction of the customer. What Ziggo demands is what Philips does. Philips isnot willing to talk to Ziggo about this problem in order to satisfy the customer. NO is the answer everytime I get I mentrioned this problem even with the online helpdesk.

This is no customerservice at all. We can complain what we want but Philips never acts in our direction.
Same with EPG now/next box when zapping.

Ontracker
06-19-2011, 02:05 PM
I keep in mind how prices were falling in the last few weeks for the XXPFL97(0/1)5 types, just read the forums, the customer knows the complaints and buys mostly Samsung. I talked to a sales person at MediaMarkt, they ask everyone for the use of the TV and they convince customers who want to use DVB-S ex- and internally and DVD/Bluray not to buy this set because of sounddrops and EPG, he also mentioned the catastrophy of usability of the mediaplayer.
In european countries just bring back the TV to your merchant several times because of sound drops or no channels and after some tries and not solved problems you get your money back in total. Philips (or the chinese successor) will loose a lot of turnover and that's how the market should work.

Erikrijnders
06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
I keep in mind how prices were falling in the last few weeks for the XXPFL97(0/1)5 types, just read the forums, the customer knows the complaints and buys mostly Samsung. I talked to a sales person at MediaMarkt, they ask everyone for the use of the TV and they convince customers who want to use DVB-S ex- and internally and DVD/Bluray not to buy this set because of sounddrops and EPG, he also mentioned the catastrophy of usability of the mediaplayer.
In european countries just bring back the TV to your merchant several times because of sound drops or no channels and after some tries and not solved problems you get your money back in total. Philips (or the chinese successor) will loose a lot of turnover and that's how the market should work.

Indeed in this time (2011) all customers expect a now/nex box EPG when zapping, they expect that IP-EPG works when they spend a lot of money for the tv and the tv has this feature, they expect no sound drops at all, they expect a good workaround for playing video's with SRT-subtitles (and with all mediafiles).

Samsung has it all and I regret buying a Philips instead of a Samsung (or any other brand, becasuse those brands even make updates so you can record on USB, also with the 2010-models!!!). They are far further than Philips, a company that opens a forum to compain, but not to solve anyting at all. Says enough no one from Philps is really reacting here. Nobody from Philips ever says that all the points are on the check-list for a solution.

Philips lay back ans loose more customers.... its sad but within an few months you will sell no tv's at all when going on like this. I will never ever advise friends to buy a Philips-tv (see the mentioned problems).

mhermann
06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
And you see a channel, or a black screen?

When the message appears, I get a black screen for approx. 1s. But then I can see a channel (message disappears). I don't remember that I had that issue with FW 0.140.36.0...

xtremap26s
06-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Hello ... I think that Philips will handle the new models (2011) and we will continue to always have the same problems!
I am also convinced that in the short will no longer release new firmware versions for 2010 model, unfortunately ...

mhermann
06-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Hello ... I think that Philips will handle the new models (2011) and we will continue to always have the same problems!
I am also convinced that in the short will no longer release new firmware versions for 2010 model, unfortunately ...

Yes, I think so... They did the same for the 2009 models and obviously stopped releasing new firmware versions in summer 2010. So, customers simply have to live with firmware bugs.

carlosfm
06-21-2011, 09:21 AM
I have a 5 year warranty (payed for 3 years extra).
Those extra 3 years are not provided by Philips but it implies that if they can't repair the TV, they will give me the money back.
I feel more protected against firmware bugs. :rolleyes:

RBraga
06-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Good Morning

I have this problem:

The TV started flickering horizontally and made PiP on the left half of the screen.

How to resove this?

Thanks

Leonos
06-21-2011, 06:51 PM
I'll try the Ambilight 'white' background solution on ambilight for the sound-drops (only on my HD channels with CI+).
I had it set to brown from the beginning.

if this setting is indeed an extra load for the CPU, this maybe the right solution.
I always have thought it's the CPU that cannot process the HD picture fast enough.

Chrissie18
06-22-2011, 06:46 PM
But that doesn't solve the picture + sound drop-out from a MediaCenter connected via HDMI...

gad
06-23-2011, 11:23 AM

I have been experiencing this problem every few days with firmware 140.34

I am still on 140.34 as later firmwares seem too problematic according to what I read here.
I am waiting for a more stable firmware .. if it ever happens!

Jeroen61
06-28-2011, 10:26 PM
there are more possibilities you go to the moon than officially (xaxaxa) philips answer to you or to anybody else who have a serious question.
Philips did answer!

I got an e-mail from Philips-Belgium to try 2 setting in the sounddrop problem. First of all it's great to see Philips reacting. But still I didn't get a solution. I did tell my findings and wait for the reply! So Philips did answer before my moonwalk!

Jeroen61
06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
No sound at all!

Today I wanted to watch a movie and there was no sound at all. I didn't have this problem for some time but today it was back. Switching off my TV and STB didn't help at all. I had tot switch to another channel. Then I can choose with my STB remote controle for sound 1 or sound 2 ( I don't know what this is for because I never use it). By just changing one to the other, sound came back. I couldn't do this on the channel that was broadcasting the movie because there the sound button of the STB didn't offer any choice. Every time I forget how to solve this problem. After some trial and error I do remember the solution. But I can't find what makes it happen. Maybe Philips knows?

Bourinatus
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Philips did answer!

I got an e-mail from Philips-Belgium to try 2 setting in the sounddrop problem. First of all it's great to see Philips reacting. But still I didn't get a solution. I did tell my findings and wait for the reply! So Philips did answer before my moonwalk!

Hi,

Just to inform you that HDMI random sound drop issue was definitively fixed after change of mother board of my TV 40PFL8605H 3D which was under guaranty !

With regards,

Marco
06-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Which firmware is installed on the new systemboard?
My systemboard is 2 times replaced (now i have 027 firmware) and the problem with soundrops through HDMI are still there.

Toengel
07-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Hi,

140.27 is quite old... and some of the sound drops were addressed with version 32 and 34

Toengel@Alex

Bourinatus
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Which firmware is installed on the new systemboard?
My systemboard is 2 times replaced (now i have 027 firmware) and the problem with soundrops through HDMI are still there.

Firmware 140.36 was installed with new mother board. I updated to 140.37 & it is fine too without anymore sound drop !

Leonos
07-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I never had any sounddrops though HDMI on my 40" 9705.
Watched several movies on almost every firmware release, without any drop.
(both hdmi ports, movies played with my ACRyan and BDP7200II)

But...I always use an external 5.1 amplifier connected to the spdif output on the TV.

Maybe it's just when one uses the audio-return option on the HDMI 1.4 port.
I don't know if it happens on the speakers of the TV itself when watching though HDMI.

Bourinatus
07-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I never had any sounddrops though HDMI on my 40" 9705.
Watched several movies on almost every firmware release, without any drop.
(both hdmi ports, movies played with my ACRyan and BDP7200II)

But...I always use an external 5.1 amplifier connected to the spdif output on the TV.

I don't know if it happens on the speakers of the TV itself when watching though HDMI.

It happened on the speakers of TV itself when watching through decoder/player connected to any of the TV HDMI port... Latest firmwares only decreased frequency of those 2-3 seconds random sound drops. Only hardware replacement of my TV mother board definitively fixed this sound drop issue !

carlosfm
07-04-2011, 11:11 AM

The signal that is present on the HDMI 1.4 audio return is S/PDIF, so you should have exactly the same result through HDMI as you have with S/PDIF.

Ontracker
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi Toengel

The Difference is only the Remote and the Menu.
Hardware is the same.

Regards
Thomas

As this statement concerns the 9705 vs. the 9715 i am wondering why there is a different FW on both sets and "developed" simultaneously! Wouldn't it be more cost-effective and customer related to do a little more work on a one and only FW for identical HW instead of two little different more or less unsatisfying versions?

Toengel
07-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi,

I think the 9715 firmware was the the first trunc of the 2011 firmware (the 9715 firmware was also used on the 66x6 series at the beginning)...

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
07-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi,

I think the 9715 firmware was the the first trunc of the 2011 firmware (the 9715 firmware was also used on the 66x6 series at the beginning)...

Toengel@Alex

What does "trunc" mean? I do not find a translation.

Freddy
07-08-2011, 03:49 PM
What does "trunc" mean? I do not find a translation.Does "trunk" do the trick!?... ;)

Ontracker
07-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Not really as i do not know what the nose of an elephant has in common with the two versions of FW. :rolleyes:

Freddy
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Not really as i do not know what the nose of an elephant has in common with the two versions of FW. :rolleyes::D :p Then maybe this will help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunk_%28software%29

Ontracker
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks. Now i know what it means and for me the nonsense developed by Philips is even worse :mad:

punschula
07-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I still have the Problem with "No Signal" in Software ..37
Are there any updates in sight?

Toengel
07-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I still have the Problem with "No Signal" in Software ..37
Are there any updates in sight?

Hi,

wait for the next software release (don't ask when it will be made available ^^ ).

Toengel@Alex

petasis
07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Never? :rolleyes:

Toengel
07-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi,

think positive :D

Toengel@Alex

petasis
07-16-2011, 08:02 AM
A new firmware (140.39) has been released.

Ontracker
07-16-2011, 09:07 AM
No changelog and no noticeceable improvements for me. STILL NO IP-EPG AT DVB-S!!!!!

Toengel
07-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi,

IP-EPG will never come to DVB-S in 2010 models... (what I heard)...

Toengel@Alex

petasis
07-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I have seen some (minor) improvements:

1) I think that they have fixed the problem with "no channels found", introduced in 140.36. I need more time to test, but the fact that I haven't got it (despite the many restarts I have done) is a promising start.

2) They have corrected a typo in the Greek menu. 2 more corrections are required though.

3) They have changed the startup behaviour. The user settings are respected from the very first frame shown (the philips logo).

4) I have the feeling that they tweaked somehow DNM. But it my be my impression only.

No fix for: sound-drops, DVBT-EPG for Greece, sleep timer in the green menu, now next.

I don't use the multimedia features/NetTV at all, so no info from me about them.

But I like this firmware because of the changes in startup, and the "no channels found" fix. Not like he 140.36 & 140.37 firmwares that had this annoying bug...

TheMan
07-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi, just updated my firmware and there is still room for improvements:

1) I have not DVB-T and would like to remove the option from home menu.
I only use satellite, so there should be an option to choose the default setting for watching tv.

2) It's nice to watch videos from usb, but a simple "start at last stop" would be good, really annoying to wait endless to go back to the last position.

Erikrijnders
07-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi,

IP-EPG will never come to DVB-S in 2010 models... (what I heard)...

Toengel@Alex

They will have to. Consumers expect this. Sames goed fot IP-EPG with CI+ in the Netherlands (Ziggo and UPC). When is runs on the 2011 models. it simply can run on the 2010 models. Why does Philips make a difference in that! Its total arrogance!

Philips must work harder to satisfy its customers (instead of Ziggo/UPC). We bought the tv with this functionality and expect it to be there.

Erikrijnders
07-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Sound drops occur when you have the wrong motherboard. That nothing that a firware update can fix!!!!

List so far of things not fixed in the.39-version:

- no Subtitles via USB possible
- still no now/next box when zapping (alle Philips customers want that because its THE standard nowadays!!, and not as Philips mentiones a kind of standard). Philips wake up, listen to your customers instead of anoying us with information we already know that the now/next is hidden behing buttons. When I zap i donot want to go through all these steps to see whats on en whats next!!!!!! Philips laks all feeling of what a tv-consumer wants and is not willing to take steps to solve it.
- DVBT- EPG for Greece
- Still no IP-EPG for Ziggo/UPC-users in the Netherlands with CI+
- Still no IP-EPG for DVB-S
- sleep timer in the green menu.

pdemo
07-17-2011, 10:52 AM
It's difficult to satisfy everybody ;)

For example, I'm not concerned by these things not fixed in the.39-version

I want DVB-T by antenna, nothing more !

Ontracker
07-17-2011, 01:34 PM
@pdemo: Here are people that payed roundabout 2k€ for a TV-set not just to watch DVB-T so maybe they adress the wrong customer if someone pays so much for basic (or not even basic functions that are realized). In a nutshell: Not many powerusers of TV will purchase again at Philips (China) because learning should be a great advantage of mankind. But this bad quality could be corrected by a good support via update, but none of both is kept in mind by Philips

pdemo
07-18-2011, 05:41 AM
The problem is simple. Philips sells tv with prototype firmware. The tests are not serious enough.

Dagmar
07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/philips-profit-seen-slumping-on-weak-demand-2011-07-15

We all know where solution is do we? Not in cost-cutting measures but in proper softwere.
Otherwise they are going down to the third class brand.

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi

New SW is out for 8 and 9 Series.

Please go on with your discussion in this Thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1919-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.39.0-for-8xx5-and-9xx5-series-%282010-models%29).

Thomas