PDA

View Full Version : Adding Net TV Apps

TheWolf
06-15-2011, 01:50 AM
I recently purchased a Blu Ray surround sound package, HTS3306. On the Net TV feature, there are only a few apps available. There are a lot of blank boxes, though, which lead me to believe that I can add more apps to fill them in. Is this possible? Can I add more apps? How can I access YouTube on my Blu Ray?

Philips
06-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi Wolf,

Net TV Apps are not user upgradeable. YouTube is not currently available on your device.
Future releases of device software may include more apps. Therefore, please keep checking for software upgrades to get the latest firmware and Net TV apps.

Note: This model is not for the European market, so it does not support Net TV as provided in Europe.

Best regards,
JuAn

ypsijohn
07-12-2011, 03:54 PM
There are a lot of blank boxes, though, which lead me to believe that I can add more apps to fill them in.

Me too Wolf! Seems like a lot of unused potential here... hopefully we will see expanded offerings as the competition heats up...

jettester
12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Dear Philips;
If the NetTV Apps are not user upgradeable, your company needs to change their advertising. I was sold this TV based upon the ability to add Internet free Apps such as TUMTIKI and HULU. I also was told that as of the manufacture of the TV in June 2011, that it was a compatible/SMART TV.
Can the consumer add software or upgrade?