PDA

View Full Version : Streamin File greater than 4GB

Ralph D
06-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi all,

i am using a 46pfl9715K/02 and it works (dlna, usb) pretty good with all files smaller than 4GB. That means i can view them as mp4 with h264 and high profile level 4 or main profile 3.1.
But when the files are larger than 4GB they cannot be displayed via usb and dlna does not work when i start the files from the TV. In Windows 7 with the option "wiedergeben auf" (or in english "Play To"!?!) it works but the resolution on the tv is very poor (can be verified by using the option "nicht skaliert" as screen format.

Does somebody has an idea, why Windows 7 send the film in such a poor resolution or why the tv cannot play files larger 4GB because the filessize shouldn't be a problem when streaming.

If 4GB is a imitation it is nearly impossible to view full hd films with dlna or usb, because in a reasonable quality the files are larger.

Regards

Ralph

l00pu5
07-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi Ralph,

concerning the 4GB limitation: which media server are you using? Due to the fact that you mentioned the Win7 "Play to" feature, I would guess right now that you're using Windows Media Player 12, right? Did you already try another media server like TVersity or myiHome in order to make sure that this limitation is not present with them as well?

Ralph D
07-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi l00pu5,

thanks for your answer. Yes I am using Media Player 12 and i also tried TVersity, same effect. Have you tried a file larger than 4GB with a usb stick or a media server? Does it work?