PDA

View Full Version : New Philips Media player.

DellUser
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Philips has a new Media Player: HMP3000. See: here (http://www.philips.nl/c/blu-ray-dvd/hmp3000_12/prd/nl/?t=support) and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6kya0emumQ).
So they now do know how to get compatible with multiple file formats.
A media player with Network connection (DLNA compl.), with (fast) Net TV and with internal Harddisk that would be ideal.

Toengel
06-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi,

interesting. But two thinks:

- no Easylink? Didn't find any information about that
- Soundsystem DTS 2.0 (Stereo) vs. Audio Support DTS?

Toengel@Alex

Alicia
06-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi,

interesting. But two thinks:

- no Easylink? Didn't find any information about that
Toengel@Alex

Easylink is supported. See 2nd page of this document below "Convenience":
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hmp3000_12/hmp3000_12_pss_eng.pdf

Toengel
06-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi,

ahhh - thx.

Toengel@Alex

carlosfm
06-17-2011, 10:30 AM
It confirms what I've told here a few weeks ago.
Philips, like other manufacturers, don't allow the TV's internal media players to do much, because they want to sell you another box.
Here it is.

DellUser
06-17-2011, 12:23 PM
It confirms what I've told here a few weeks ago.
Philips, like other manufacturers, don't allow the TV's internal media players to do much, because they want to sell you another box.
Here it is.

You are right, this should be standard inside the TV. It is just a very small box, there is space enought in a large screen TV to add it. I'm curious if the next generation TV's will have this embedded.

Since we do not have this in our current TV's, it is nice that these media converters exist. You can just dump your audio, video & picture data from your PC to an external hard disk and via this smal box you can make it playable on any TV. It is not expensive.

carlosfm
06-17-2011, 12:35 PM
You are right, this should be standard inside the TV. It is just a very small box, there is space enought in a large screen TV to add it. I'm curious if the next generation TV's will have this embedded.

What our TVs already have inside is more than enough to do what this box does.
It is limited by firmware, on the TVs.
There is no reason why our TVs can't decode all audio codecs and can't display subtitles.
Well, there is a reason - they want you to buy another box.

dellamag
06-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Well, there is a reason - they want you to buy another box.
I'm really disappointed with Philips for this. I will NEVER buy this system as protest against bad service to long-term customers.

Toengel
06-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I cannot find the subtitle shift option - this should be integrated for 21:9 TV users...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
07-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Dear Philips,

another question. Can you explain what "DTS 2.0 + digital output" means? It's written in the manual.

Toengel@Alex

ThePaw
07-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Hello,

whatīs about the new HMP5000? Iīve seen it here - http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/347552/PHILIPS-HMP5000-MEDIA-BOX .. WLAN Module integrated - other new Features?

ThePaw

Freddo
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Just found out about this and is very impressed that it can handle so many formats. I didn't expect this sort of thing from Philips.

If any of the next year blu-ray models from Philips that can handle all these formats (like OGG & FLAC as a few MKV files use those for audio and all the subtitle formats), I will buy it for sure, even if it cost twice as much as these media players. Please do not disappoint me Philips!

TYMONZ
11-24-2011, 08:40 AM
If anyone has information please reply to the question on the media player Philips HMP3000/12
- Is there support sound format decoding
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / 7.1 ...?
- Is there support for audio formats: DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus ... ?
- Do you support flash movies in the format SWF ...?

Asus O! Play Media Player MINI uses the same chip Realtek 1055 that Phillips HMP3000, has the support of all of the above, except for playing SWF files...
The price of Philips MP3000 and Asus O! Play MINI approximately the same...
I want to buy one thing but so far cannot make the right choice ...

Thanks in advance for your answers...

Gabo
12-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Hey my friends,

In a future firmware update, The HMP 5000 will have a keyboard conection? I know that exists a program for Android but not for Blackberry... keyboard via USB?

Itīs a cheap and great product, my best buy this year...

Toengel
12-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi,

for what do you need a keyboard - as far as I know, the device does not have Net TV...

Toengel@Alex

Mediabox
12-31-2011, 05:06 AM
I am presuming that this particular unit goes by the name GM1000 (non-wi-fi) / GM1001 (wi-fi) in Australia!? Can anyone confirm?

bertie
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
that is correct

bertie
04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
apologies to all , i mentioned problems with my HMP5000 in dec/january, Philips solved the problem and did send me a new one!!!
great service from Philips, however i did not update to new firmware yet
regards

stevejone88
05-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I too have the same kind of problem and contacted the support team.They immediately solved my issue.I am happy that their support service is too fast http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png

ZoranKostadinov
07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Is there is a possibility to connect a Hard drive with USB3.0 connector to HMP3000 . I recently have bought this kind of hard drive , thinking that my HMP 3000 will read files from it , but unfortunately HMP3000 does not recognize it ....
Can this issue be fixed with some software upgrade , or this is a hardware disadvantage of this media player ?
Thanks in advance :)