PDA

View Full Version : BDP 5200 mkv Subtitle Selection broken

Der_Dicke
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello,

I purchased the brandnew BDP5200 a few weeks ago. Overall: a fine product!

Here is my problem:
I have an archive of several DVD movies on my hard disk.
these backups were made using x.264 / mkvmerge and contain several audio streams as well as several subtitles (mostly english and german).
Subtitles were ripped to idx/sub files.

When I try to select the subtitle of a running movie, I get the full selection.
But: selecting any entry always results in the same subtitle beeing displayed, which ever I choose. (e.g. choosing english or german always displays the german subtitle)
I have not yet evaluated if it is alway the first listed subtitle stream that is displayed or whatever rule applies here.

another bug:
selection of audio stream seems to work correctly. However, in the list of audio streams these are sometimes named correctly, sometimes show no name at all (names are empty strings)

Toengel
06-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi,

you can check your file with mediainfo.sourceforge.net which subtitles is at which position (and also if the subtitles have "names"). You should also install the latest firmware from the support website!

Toengel@Alex

Der_Dicke
06-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi Toengel,

thanks a lot for your fast response!

I will try mediainfo during the weekend and post the results if that helps tracking down the bug.
I consider it a bug anyhow, since WD-TV as well as VLC on my computer are able to display subtitles correctly.

Am quite sure that I have the latest firmware but will check that, too.

Cheers

Hi,

you can check your file with mediainfo.sourceforge.net which subtitles is at which position (and also if the subtitles have "names"). You should also install the latest firmware from the support website!

Toengel@Alex

Der_Dicke
06-17-2011, 02:17 PM
btw: there seems to be no option to attach screenshots to posts here, are there?

Oscar
06-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Yes you can with the Insert Image option :)

Dutchtronic
07-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Doesn't work here. Cannot insert images. :(
Philips please fix it...

kwinnie
07-21-2011, 09:45 AM
yes, doesn't work for me as well for the moment. Have already feedback this. See what they come back to us ;-)
for the time-being, I am using this: http://picturepush.com/

and then post the URL here.

Dutchtronic
07-25-2011, 12:43 PM
New test:

Yippee, they have fixed it, we now can add pictures.
Good work Philips!