PDA

View Full Version : Black screen when watching tv

Marco
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Since a couple of days i get a lot of black screens when watching tv or nettv.

(Netherlands - Ziggo)

Does someone has the same problems?

Firmware 034. 9705/12

Toengel
06-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi,

try firmware 140.37 and observe again... maybe it's gone...

Toengel@Alex

Marco
06-17-2011, 09:05 PM
It doesn't help.
I think it is a Ziggo problem.
Sometimes i get the message Channel update. Aftre that message the tv goes black.
It goes 4-6 times an hour black.
Standby or switch off the tv doesn't help.

Anyone having this problem?

Freddy
06-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Hi Marco,

I don't have this problem, but I've seen similar things happen with UPC settop boxes. I don't know what Ziggo is using right now, but have you tried resetting the Ziggo box: turning it off completely, forcing a firmware update, resetting factory defaults?...

Marco
06-17-2011, 11:25 PM
At Ziggo there is no settupbox, only a CI+ module.

Hi Marco,

I don't have this problem, but I've seen similar things happen with UPC settop boxes. I don't know what Ziggo is using right now, but have you tried resetting the Ziggo box: turning it off completely, forcing a firmware update, resetting factory defaults?...

mhermann
06-19-2011, 06:26 PM
At Ziggo there is no settupbox, only a CI+ module.

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago with a UPC CI+ module. Philips fixed it after I told them to do so (they cannot test all different CI+ modules on the market). You should write an email to Philips support, so that the can fix that problem, too.

Marco
06-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Did they fixed it in a firmware update? Do you know what they fixed?

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago with a UPC CI+ module. Philips fixed it after I told them to do so (they cannot test all different CI+ modules on the market). You should write an email to Philips support, so that the can fix that problem, too.

mhermann
06-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Did they fixed it in a firmware update? Do you know what they fixed?

Yes, they fixed it in a firmware update but unfortunately I don't know how they've done it.