View Full Version : Macroblocks using TV, CI+ Module and receiver

pimmedoris
06-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey all,

I have a strange problem... First off my original setup:
Philips Econova TV
Marantz SR5005 Receiver
UPC Settop box HD

The UPC is connected to the receiver and from the receiver to HDMI 1 on the TV. Watching TV with great sound,
no problem.

Recently I changed from my settop box to a CI+ module. Here comes the issue... Most channels work fine. But some have no reception, some have no access and some channels, for instance SBS 6 HD, have a lot of macroblocks on screen.
When I switch off my receiver, everything works fine, so I know it's not a UPC problem. For some reason the HDMI ARC input or the Marantz causes disturbance on the digital channel.

How can this be and how can it be fixed? What can I try to fix this? Is the issue in the receiver or in the TV?

Thanks!
Pimmedoris

a_Tom
06-28-2011, 06:03 AM
So which TV Model do you got exactly and which Software is installed on it.
How is the Receiver connected to the TV (Cable/port).

pimmedoris
06-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Are there more types of econova? Anyway it's the 42pfl6805H, with the latest software (037). Receiver is connected with Hdmi out on the receiver to the Hdmi 1 (ARC) port in the tv. Can it be the Hdmi- cable?

a_Tom
06-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes, the Cable can cause the Blocks but as you said, if the Receiver is turned off, the Blocks are gone it could also be a Problem within the ARC system, can you just try to disable arc on TV or Receiver and test it again?
same for CEC (EasyLink).

pimmedoris
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
How can I disable ARC or CEC on my TV?
I have not tried your tips, but I did switch to another HDMI cable.

And the problem is gone! I have no idea why... If the cable is defective, the macroblocks should be constantly there and not be dependent on the channel?

What am I missing?

Toengel
06-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi,

ARC or CEC (CEC = Easylink) can be disabled in the TV configuration menu (see Easylink sub menu).

Toengel@Alex

Theo
06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi, You say that problems occur wirh SBS6 HD. Are you sure you have a Higspeed HDMI cable?