PDA

View Full Version : No signal when connecting Toshiba p500 to 40PFL9705

MrEdge
06-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi,

Yesterday I bought a 40PFL9705H/12. I'm trying to connect my Toshiba p500 laptop to the tv using HDMI. It's a 1.4 cable.
The tv shows up in my laptop's control panel. When I reboot the laptop, a connection named "Toshiba PC" shows up on the home screen of my tv. So far so good, but choosing the toshiba pc option only gives me a blank screen with "no video signal".

Here's what I already tried:
- new drivers for the toshiba
- checked the firmware of the tv. That is 1.36. 1.37 is available but I don't believe that will solve anything as both tv and laptop have been around for more than a year now.
- checked all 4 hdmi ports on the tv. All with the same result. No signal, but laptop sees tv properly.
- checked the display settings, tried duplicate, extend etc but nothing works

Update: laptop works fine with cheap samsung tv and hdmi. Seems to be the Philips tv that has problems.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Ben

petasis
07-01-2011, 01:39 PM
What resolution/refresh rate are you using when connecting the TV?
It has to be 1080 i/p, or one of the resolutions reported in the manual.

I have connected PCs with both nvidia & ATI cards, and there was not any problem in my 9705. What model is your graphics card?

MrEdge
07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I tried pretty much everything. After I posted here, I also tried different cables and after that a neighbour brought his playstation and mediastation that both didn't work either.
So, called customer care today. They forwared my problem to the technical support. They called me back within a few hours and as soon as tommorrow morning a technician will come by to try and fix the problem. So, quick and apt response from Philips.

I'll keep you posted :)

MrEdge
07-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Just for the knowledgebase: the problem is solved. The tv-repair-man switched HMDI boards and everything works like a charm now :)