PDA

View Full Version : Problems connecting Video Cassette Recorder (VCR) to 32PFL9705H/12

andriuspt
06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone,
Looking for help about connecting Video Cassette Recorder (VCR) to my Philips 32PFL9705H/12 LED HDTV. I'am using Scart cable on EXT1 or EXT2. It's the only available connection because the VCR has only Scart (and antenna IN+OUT). And the best I can get is to watch video records but I can not make recordings to VCR. It seems like Scart connectors (EXT1, EXT2) are only for input and there is no signal out. What's wrong? Anybody have experience? Thanks

sngbcn
06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Yes, in fact Philips TVs don't have scart output since a few years now. The reasons for this are both technical and commercial but the conclusion is that the "issue" you are facing is actually the expected behaviour.

Regards,

pistoiaa
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM
I confirm sngbcn is right, and THIS was clearly written on some brochure by Philips

andriuspt
07-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Thanks for your responses. I have searched alot about this but have not seen anything written like: "Philips TV's have no scart output", or something like that. Must be I have missed it... Anyway I'll keep trying and will look for another way to get the signal out into my VCR. I don't need making recordings very badly, but it is not normal to have a recorder and use it as a player only. VCR is outdated technology but this one I have is in perfect condition and simply don't want to throw it away to thrash. I'll appreciate any advices about this question and will inform about my achievements. Thank you guys.

Toengel
07-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Anyway I'll keep trying and will look for another way to get the signal out into my VCR.

Hi,

you will have no success to record from the integrated 9705 tuner.

Toengel@Alex

pistoiaa
07-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your responses. I have searched alot about this but have not seen anything written like: "Philips TV's have no scart output", or something like that. Must be I have missed it...

You are welcome!

If you look at the TV (mine is 7605 model) Instructor manual, you will read:
"EXT 2 (SCART): Analogue audio and
video input from analogue or digital devices
such as DVD players or game consoles"
and same for EXT 1 (SCART).

If you search for "SCART" on Philpis TV FAQ, you will read a note where it is clearly stated the TV SCART connections do not output any signal (I found this NOTE on the FAQ in Italian, but I guess it is on English FAQ too)

andriuspt
07-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Solved it with some adaptations. I took scart out signal from my digital television set-top box. It has Scart as well as HDMI connector. HDMI is used for TV and now Scart I conected to VCR. Of course had to modify the cable first as VCR now is connected to two devices - set-top box and TV by the same cable (one for IN, other for OUT).
Thanks

Philips - Thomas
07-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi

Topic has been moved to the Connectivity Subforum.

Regards
Thomas