PDA

View Full Version : The Wii can also show YouTube

Jessy
08-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a Wii game consol. My Wii also connects to the internet. Nintendo now provides free access to open internet pages. It works a bid comparable with Net TV but the Wii does play FLASH on the open internet pages. For YouTube I use the http://www.youtube.com/xl version, nice for use on big screens.
Regretfully, the Wii game console does not have HDMI connection, so the graphics on internet pages are not as sharp as when I use Net TV. It is terrible to use the Wii controllers for internet browsing. Also in speed it does not beat Net TV.

Zuccheroh
08-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi,

Tried the XL version but no luck. Net tv does not show any content. With the normal Youtube version it does. However I prefer the XL version since it is easy in creating favourites and has a setting where you can say plays next video after current video.

If anyone also has an idea where to best get HD videos with net tv please advise! So far I have only come across sites that require flash players.

Thanks,
Henry

Jessy
08-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Net TV does not play Flash. I mentioned YouTube XL for the Wii. DailyMotion is the only service where you can see HD movies, as far as I know. You can select the HD category in DailyMotion. It looks very good!