PDA

View Full Version : problems with firmware update

lesley.bratty
07-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Hello,

I have a BDP3000/05 which I was bought as a gift in 2009. Have been using it up until yesterday with no issues however, it was unable to play a disk - didn't seem to recognise it.
So I googled the error and came up with the solution to update the firmware as apparently it cannot play certain types of blu-ray without this.

Downloaded the update, followed the instructions to the letter and the machine shut down after update as was expected. Now here's where the problem started.
When I switch on the blu-ray player I just get a purple screen - pushing buttons does nothing and I cannot even turn it off without pulling out the plug.
I unplugged and left it off for a few hours, then tried again but I am still only getting this purple screen.

Since the machine is about 18months old it's not under warranty anymore - but what can I do to get this sorted? I really don't want to have to buy a new one, plus I have a disk in it that I now cannot get out. Any ideas ?

Toengel
07-11-2011, 10:00 AM
plus I have a disk in it that I now cannot get out. Any ideas ?

Hi,

that's the reason why the update went wrong! One need to eject all discs before. But it seems that this is not stated in the firmware installation instructions. Just call Philips and said it went wrong... and ask for a free repair...

Toengel@Alex

lesley.bratty
07-11-2011, 10:03 AM
ah I see - no I didn't see in the instructions that you had to remove the disk.

I'll give them a call then. Wanted to know if there was something simple I could do before wasting my money on a phone call.
thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Toengel
07-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi,

the call should be free (at least in Germany it is for free)...

Toengel@Alex

lesley.bratty
07-11-2011, 10:36 AM
even better :)