PDA

View Full Version : BDP7500 mkII + The Expandables Blu Ray

pigmachine
07-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi!

I've bought 'The Expandables' few months ago, updated the firmware of the player few times and there were no problems with the playback.

Now that I've updated to the latest firmware (bdp7500b2_12_fus_eng.zip) the disk won't work anymore. The player just spins it for a while and prompts "Unknown disk". All other BD:s work just fine, even the 'City of Ember' BD that did not work correctly before the latest firmware update.

Since the player works with other blu rays, I don't suppose the laser unit is dusty...but I've ordered a DVD cleaning kit just in case :)

The Expandables Blu Ray barcode: 6 416548 537733

Thanks in advance!

pigmachine
07-19-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm starting to wonder shold I let the warranty handle the situation. I've bought A-Team blu ray yesterday and the player did the same with that disk. I never would have guessed that I would say this, but good thing it had the DVD version also.

I've tested with my other blu rays again and they work correctly.

Is there a new firmware coming?

Toengel
07-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi,

can you also post the bar code of the A-Team BD? Than Philips could take a look at it...

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
07-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Hi pigmachine,

can you give the EAN (bar code) of a few blu-ray disc that can played before and cannot play it now for testing.

also, can you help writing a few lines on the steps you've taken?
E.g.
1. Put disc in the disc tray
2. Wait for loading (how long you've been waiting?)
3. What error message you saw (on TV? on player?) It will be great if you can capture screenshot.

by the way, what firmware version you have?