PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.140.39.0 for 8xx5 and 9xx5 series (2010 models)

Toengel
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?729-Software-overview-for-8000-and-9000-series-(2010-models)): new, old, positive, negative.... (for example, the "sound drop at HDMI problem" or the "black screen during zapping problem" is solved !).

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi,

no changelog available at this time...

Toengel@Alex

Ontracker
07-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Still no ip-epg at dvb-s!!!!!

johny_sk
07-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Failure to HDMI audio is still, after installing fw audio cuts out in the first minute a total of 11 times. I feel that Philips does not address it, since interruption of the sound is the same in all the recent firmware. I am disappointed and returned to the TV business ...
Google translation

Erikrijnders
07-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Stil no IP-EPG with Ziggo and CI+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no now/next box when zapping.

Lassy
07-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Stil no IP-EPG with Ziggo and CI+ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no now/next box when zapping.

I would give up on this. Think about your blood pressure ;)

So many firmware releases without any proper updates/improvements...and not even being capable to repair major bugs like the audio drops.

new_customer
07-16-2011, 03:24 PM
i guess still no subs via usb....:mad:

petasis
07-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I have seen some (minor) improvements:

1) I think that they have fixed the problem with "no channels found", introduced in 140.36. I need more time to test, but the fact that I haven't got it (despite the many restarts I have done) is a promising start.

2) They have corrected a typo in the Greek menu. 2 more corrections are required though.

3) They have changed the startup behaviour. The user settings are respected from the very first frame shown (the philips logo).

4) I have the feeling that they tweaked somehow DNM. But it my be my impression only.

No fix for: sound-drops, DVBT-EPG for Greece, sleep timer in the green menu, now next.

I don't use the multimedia features/NetTV at all, so no info from me about them.

But I like this firmware because of the changes in startup, and the "no channels found" fix. Not like he 140.36 & 140.37 firmwares that had this annoying bug...

Erikrijnders
07-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Sound drops occur when you have the wrong motherboard. That nothing that a firware update can fix!!!!

List so far of things not fixed:

- no Subtitles via USB possible
- still no now/next box when zapping (alle Philips customers want that because its THE standard nowadays!!, and not as Philips mentiones a kind of standard). Philips wake up, listen to your customers instead of anoying us with information we already know that the now/next is hidden behing buttons. When I zap i donot want to go through all these steps to see whats on en whats next!!!!!! Philips laks all feeling of what a tv-consumer wants and is not willing to take steps to solve it.
- DVBT- EPG for Greece
- Still no IP-EPG for Ziggo/UPC-users in the Netherlands with CI+
- Still no IP-EPG for DVB-S
- sleep timer in the green menu.

petasis
07-18-2011, 12:52 PM
It is the second day with the 140.39 firmware on my 46PFL9705 tv, and I haven't received the message "no channels found" when opening my TV. I have done many tests in order to see if the bug is still there, and all failed.

So, I assume that this "no channels found" bug has been fixed in 140.39.

Has anyone seen this "no channels found" after upgrading to 140.39?

Chrissie18
07-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I have seen some (minor) improvements:
[...]
2) They have corrected a typo in the Greek menu. 2 more corrections are required though.
[...]

Congrats!
I think I've seen quiet a bit of reactions from you when a new firmware was released that yet again the Greek translation was not corrected... ;)

Sound drops occur when you have the wrong motherboard. That nothing that a firware update can fix!!!!
[...]

How do you know?
Did you had sounddrops that are fixed after that replacement? An how long did that take?

As soon as they post the prel. changelog I'm upgrading it...

Chris.

cderidder
07-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Installed the .39 version today and did some testing with 3D. The effect is a lot stronger now, items seem to come further out of the screen. Unfortunately the cross talk problem is a lot worse on my set! Dept, middle and out coming effects, on all these levels I experience the cross talk. With previous firmware versions the cross talk was only visible when something came out of screen, but in dept it was mostly gone.
Can some confirm this increase of cross talk?

Alicia
07-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi,

no changelog available at this time...

Toengel@Alex

Haha, for my TV, even the release notes of 140.37 are still not available !
See here (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpcontent.pl?scy=BE&slg=NLD&mid=Link_Software&session=20110718163026_85.223.1.112&ctn=40PFL8605H/12&dct=FUS&did=NLD&reldct=FHI&file=/files/4/40pfl8605h_12/40pfl8605h_12_fhi_eng.pdf#toolbar=0&zoom=100). I'm not expecting the release notes of 140.39 any time soon to be honest..

Toengel
07-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi,

for the release notes just click the link in the first post of this thread (up to 140.37).

Toengel@Alex

theflyer1972
07-19-2011, 07:40 AM
hei MOD thomas you have closed the thread from 5000 series saying that: the new one was open but no, there is only one for the series 8000 and higher!

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2011, 07:51 AM
hei MOD thomas you have closed the thread from 5000 series saying that: the new one was open but no, there is only one for the series 8000 and higher!

Hey

thats true, thanks for the hint. The other one is reopened and free for Discussions on 5/6/7 Series.

Thomas

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Hi Guys,

here are the Release notes of SW release .140.39.0:

- Lost of presets after toggling between ASTRA and HOT Bird (between 2LNBs).

- Picture disturbance on DVB-C channel 'Phoenix' (Germany region Zweibrucken).

- Lipsync on EXT, 'audio uitvoer delay' not working.

- When starting up, sometimes no picture.

- Russian translation errors in UI and Net TV.

- TV goes auto to standby after 2h startup in the morning (RiksTV Norwegian DVB-T network).

- TV does not react anymore on any RC key when starting from semi-Standby.

Websites will be updated soon.

Regards
Thomas

Toengel
07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi,

what is the difference between Standby and sem-Standby?

Toengel@Alex

johny_sk
07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
to: Philips - Thomas

...and repair of failures where the HDMI audio (Soundrops)? Till we wait? Please respond if we give in service to replace motherboard, or wait for a firmware fix?

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi,

what is the difference between Standby and sem-Standby?

Toengel@Alex

Hi

There is no difference, for 2k10 semi-Standby is what you would call "Standby"

Regards
Thomas

raverke95
07-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Since Friday I installed version .39 and for me it's the best firmware so far.
The dynamic background lights works a lot better. In dark movies, the flickering spots in the opposite corner of the screen are almost not visible anymore.
Net tv (I use often) is faster and I can use facebook now.

Most of remaining bad things in this software is not a problem for me.
Mediaplayer: I use a BDP7500MK2 blueray player, which is connected to a DNLA compatible server. Since his last update (yes even with Philips' bluerayplayers...) I'm able to watch subtitels in MKV files. (Just *.SRT files in combination with *.AVI through the network isn't possible, but through usb no prob)
IP-EPG: Here in Belgium we HAVE to use the bloody settopbox of Telenet :mad:. They don't provide a CI card for digital tv. So because of that, mostly I use the EPG of my settopbox.

Yesterday I tried 3D with the new software. I can confirm the experiences of cderidder. The effects are more impressive, but the crosstalk is ugly again :(. In previous firmware versions you have less effects, but also less crosstalk...

Give a good fix in 3D and for my situation I'm satisfied.

I don't understand people crying about the sounddrops. (It must be hardware) Since version .29 I haven't had any sounddrop.
Before, I had frequently sounddrops with my Telenet settopbox and very often a "scrambled" sound with my Pioneer DVD recorder. Since the update to .29, or .31, I doubt, my soundproblems are over. Both on digital tv (yes we have +/- 10 free channels in Belgium),analogue, scart and the 4 HDMI connections I have no sound related problems anymore...

Greetzzz,
Gert

Toengel
07-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi Gert,

sadly some customers have still sound drops with the current firmware... But many problems are already solved regarding this issue.

Toengel@Alex

petasis
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi Guys,

here are the Release notes of SW release .140.39.0:

- Lost of presets after toggling between ASTRA and HOT Bird (between 2LNBs).

- Picture disturbance on DVB-C channel 'Phoenix' (Germany region Zweibrucken).

- Lipsync on EXT, 'audio uitvoer delay' not working.

- When starting up, sometimes no picture.

- Russian translation errors in UI and Net TV.

- TV goes auto to standby after 2h startup in the morning (RiksTV Norwegian DVB-T network).

- TV does not react anymore on any RC key when starting from semi-Standby.

Websites will be updated soon.

Regards
Thomas

They forgot a single translation error fix for Greek. Two to go... :D

And the fix for the "no channels found", unless "When starting up, sometimes no picture." means that...

And for sure that startup procedure has been changed. User picture preset is applied from the very beginning, eliminating the effect the TV starting up with contrast at 80, starting showing picture, and then dropping back to the user's preset...

And the TV now does not switch to TV automatically, if there is no image at the HDMI/other inputs.

petasis
07-19-2011, 11:51 AM
to: Philips - Thomas

...and repair of failures where the HDMI audio (Soundrops)? Till we wait? Please respond if we give in service to replace motherboard, or wait for a firmware fix?

I would also to know that. Are SPDIF sound drops fixed only with a board replacement?
Because if it does, its good to make the replacement withing the guarantee period. If it doesn't, don't bother letting a technician touching the TV...

petasis
07-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't understand people crying about the sounddrops. (It must be hardware) Since version .29 I haven't had any sounddrop.
Before, I had frequently sounddrops with my Telenet settopbox and very often a "scrambled" sound with my Pioneer DVD recorder. Since the update to .29, or .31, I doubt, my soundproblems are over. Both on digital tv (yes we have +/- 10 free channels in Belgium),analogue, scart and the 4 HDMI connections I have no sound related problems anymore...

Greetzzz,
Gert

We cry for the sounddrops, because we don't have an alternative. If you don't own an amplifier that can do an 180ms sound delay, there is no other way to achieve this sound delay, unless you use the SPDIF/HDMI ARC of the TV. And if you do, you end up with sound drops.

Regarding the scrambled sound in HDMI sound (or more frequent "clicks"), I also remember it, it lasted for a single firmware before it was fixed. I don't remember the exact firmware number.

Also, in the last two firmwares (140.36, 140.37), there was also the problem of DVB-T channel sound getting out of sync. It has happened a few times for me, and I had to reboot the TV to get it fixed. I haven't observed this with 140.39, but time will tell.

Gravedigga
07-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Why do the individual product pages still show the download for 140.37? Is there an alternate location to download the new software release from?

Oh Philips; please fix Net-TV connectivity!
"To complete NetTV sign-in, please switch your TV set off and on again" (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?820-Message-quot-To-complete-NetTV-sign-in-please-switch-your-TV-set-off-and-on-again-quot)
"Philips server not found" (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?994-Message-quot-Philips-server-not-found-quot-.)

gad
07-19-2011, 12:30 PM
The dynamic background lights works a lot better. In dark movies, the flickering spots in the opposite corner of the screen are almost not visible anymore.....

Well that's a positive move towards the right direction!
Hopefully, the deal with China has brought in new programmers to improve the firmware problems.

Here is a list of remaining issues / improvements:

1. EPG support for all european countries
2a. A simple now / next overlay, when arrows down/up are clicked on remote, TV should scroll through now/next of DVB channels (like on most DVB set-top boxes - sky digital for example, or like windows media centre), click ok and it should change channel to chosen channel
or (if above is too difficult),
2b. Now-next banner when changing DVB-T channels
3. USB player should support resume from last stop or go-to
4. 3d crosstalk improvement or 3D adjustment settings to minimize crosstalk
5. DTS pass-through (all Blu-Ray disc I have contain DTS sound, not AC3, therefore it's impossible to passthrough DTS to av amplifier via TV spdif with corrected lip-sync. If sound is given direct from blu-ray player to av amp there is a lip sync delay. If though, I play a DVD with AC3, the TV passes AC3 via spdif to amplifier with correct delay and I have perfect lip sync)
6. MKV subtitles from USB (not sure if this is fixed or not, according to above post #21)

Wishfull additions:
1. PVR support with external usb discs, if possible
2. 2D to 3D conversion, if possible

Philips - Thomas
07-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Why do the individual product pages still show the download for 140.37? Is there an alternate location to download the new software release from?

Hi

can you send me the link where 037 is still active?

Thanks
Thomas

Gravedigga
07-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi

can you send me the link where 037 is still active?

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I actually checked two (my model and the 9000 series):
http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie-8000-serie/8000-serie-full-hd-1080p-digitale-tv-van-102-cm-40-inch-40pfl8605h_12/prd/nl/?t=support
http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie/9000-serie-full-hd-1080p-digitale-tv-van-102-cm-40-inch-40pfl9705h_12/prd/nl/;jsessionid=002F88BA62EBD745DAB21C74868604C7.app10 1-drp3?t=support

Both showing downloads for "Nieuwste versie: 000.140.037.000, 2011-06-09"

Thanks

tolgaakcan
07-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Please address us were to download 0.39. web showing 37..

Toengel
07-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi,

just download the firmware - the ZIP should contain the latest version (there is a TXT file inside the ZIP where you can see that this is version 140.39) - 8000/9000 series only at the moment.

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
07-19-2011, 01:21 PM
indeed thanks..

Hi,

just download the firmware - the ZIP should contain the latest version (there is a TXT file inside the ZIP where you can see that this is version 140.39) - 8000/9000 series only at the moment.

Toengel@Alex

johny_sk
07-19-2011, 03:45 PM

Gert

... if you have a problem with sound, so you could understand people who cry. Therefore I ask Philips, or should I put into service, or wait for the FW. Let it be clearly said that I did not have to prove fault in the service of the motherboard.
Translation: Google

Erikrijnders
07-19-2011, 04:38 PM
... if you have a problem with sound, so you could understand people who cry. Therefore I ask Philips, or should I put into service, or wait for the FW. Let it be clearly said that I did not have to prove fault in the service of the motherboard.
Translation: Google

Sounddrops occur with the wrong motherboard, Contact your local provider or Philips about his. This has nothing to do with the software.

mdiehl
07-19-2011, 04:52 PM
i have contact philips germany more then 10 times for the sounddrop over hdmi problem.
i have asked for changing the signal board.
the answer from philips germany is : there is now hardware problem with the tv it is a software problem!

so what?

32pfl9705k/02

markus

Sounddrops occur with the wrong motherboard, Contact your local provider or Philips about his. This has nothing to do with the software.

pielle007
07-20-2011, 08:01 AM
a mechanic confirmed it too, he said "when you have sound drops, you need to have a new signalboard". My signalboard is replaced 2 times sinds i bought the tv, (The production date of the latest signalboard is 30june 2011.) I didn't have any souddrops sinds the first replacement.

johny_sk
07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
a mechanic confirmed it too, he said "when you have sound drops, you need to have a new signalboard". My signalboard is replaced 2 times sinds i bought the tv, (The production date of the latest signalboard is 30june 2011.) I didn't have any souddrops sinds the first replacement.

... just because I want the official position of Philips, if we wait for the firmware, or have to replace motherboard. Let finally someone from Philips express!

mdiehl
07-20-2011, 06:00 PM
YES,

it's time for an offical statement from philips!

markus

tolgaakcan
07-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Agree!

yes,

it's time for an offical statement from philips!

Markus

carlosfm
07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
When will this firmware be available for the 5/6/7xx5 series TVs?

Chrissie18
07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Installed the new version 2 days ago.
Don't noticed the start-up difference (came from version 34), but at least it does startup ;)
No sounddrops (yet), so fingers crossed.

NetTV still a drag to sign in. Had multiple tries, two of those were the 'You need to switch the TV off and on again to complete sign-in'-like message. Done that both times, but no luck.
Do get in NetTV eventually when I keep on trying, but is really anoying....

It could be a great feature if you could just turn on the TV, and check the weather in a sec to see if you could take the bike to the city or had to go by car, but I could just as well startup the laptop and look at it. I'd be quicker. Come to think of it: I'll probaby could reinstall Windows and still be quicker then NetTV.

I will keep on trying this weekend, but if I do not see any improvements during those days, I'll going to try to make a call to the service desk...

HeSa
07-22-2011, 02:56 PM
... just because I want the official position of Philips, if we wait for the firmware, or have to replace motherboard. Let finally someone from Philips express!

Since firmware version 032 or 034 I don't have any sounddrops anymore. There is no hardware replaced in my TV. So I think it is (was) realy a software problem in my case. I know that some people still have sounddrops. It had something to do with the HDMI-handshake protocol. That's what the mechanic told me. In my case, I'm lucky and the problem is solved. :o

Erikrijnders
07-22-2011, 07:24 PM
I found a bug:

After installing the firmware the tv started zapping by itself. I Think when I was in the Teletekst mode. I wanted to go a page up. When I left Teletekst the tv zapped to channels by itself. Ziggo/Ci+ module in the Netherlands.

After a reboot it was fine, I will try to reproduce this!

Furthermore the colors look less warm (they look samsung-like).

Toengel
07-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi,

@Eric

something like that: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1765-TV-is-switching-channels-automatically

Toengel@Alex

Erikrijnders
07-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Yes, indeed. Only I think I had this with Telext/teletekst, but could be I first opened the EPG-guide. Same buttons used!

I donot have IP-EPG as it doesnot work YET with CI+ an Ziggo in the Netherlands.

Philips what is this, please repair!

mhermann
07-23-2011, 04:43 PM
The clock in the german IP-EPG is still missing... Philips didn't fix it till now :(

Fernweh
07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
BUG found:

On my 40PFL9705K Version 140.39 does break audio playback from my BDP9600.
I just tried to play several Blu-rays that worked before the update to 140.39.

The audio from the TV speakers makes a hissing and disturbed sound and nothing can be understood.

Downgrading to 140.37 resolved this problem. But 140.37 still encounters the 'no picture at startup'.

a_Tom
07-25-2011, 07:56 AM
is this happening one a specific Disc only or? if yes, which one is it?
Which FW is installed on the Player?

Erikrijnders
07-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Ik have a CI+-module and when the tv starts up I always get a box "Authenticatie proces wordt gestart" after the Philips logo. I get:

- Logo
- Channel that's on
- And then the box of the CI+module "Authencicatie proces wordt gestart".

Why isnot this box hidden? And why does the tv do this first before I see the channel ?

I saw a Sony-tv with CI+ and you will never see such kind of messagebox from the CI+module when you start up. With Sony it is:
- Logo
- Channel

cderidder
07-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Beside the bad 3D pictures with the new firmware I find the dynamic backlight to be very irritating in best picture mode. It looks more aggressive, especially when scenes change and also it looks to function more in wide lines instead of just the part of the screen where there dynamic lightning should work. Are others having the same experience?

Fernweh
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
The BDP 9600 Firmware is V1.56.
It does happen on every disc I tried - only 2 - but they play again with 140.37.
They are Blu-rays with EAN 4011976313380 and EAN 5050582798364. Audio is disturbed with both.
Language selected on both 40PFL9705K and BDP9600 is German.
Connected via HDMI to HDMI 1 with ARC.

Audio is disturbed with the internal TV speakers only when using 140.39. Audio is playing fine when connecting a hifi amplifier to the chinch output of the BDP 9600.

is this happening one a specific Disc only or? if yes, which one is it?
Which FW is installed on the Player?

rollufje
07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I also have the CI+ messages when starting up. Sometimes they only disappear after changing channels.

It's a Ziggo CI+ module in combination with a Caiway smartcard.

"No channels available" is gone after the upgrade to 140.39

I have still some other issues (not mentioning Now / Next ...)
-some channels don't appear in the non-IP EPG: SBS6 HD and Veronica HD
These channels have been moved by hand to position 6 and 8 in the channel list and are nowhere to be found in EPG...

As I mentioned earlier (I think it was the 34 version):
When I do the following:
a. watch video via DLNA (maybe also via USB)
b. turn off the tv with remote without exiting the video

the last frame of the video still is on screen when turning on the TV the next day.
And sometimes I have to hard reset the TV to get back control over the TV.
I think the TV never goes into "real" standby.

3. DLNA issue:
I lose connection quite often when watching video from a lacie networkspace2.
When this happens the NAS isn't discovered anymore by the TV.
When I check on my BDP-5180 the NAS also is gone.

It seems to happen when my notebook is on. This is running WMP11. Could it be the TV (and the BR player) are "confused" by more DLNA sources on the network?

Philips - Mark
07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Q5551_0.140.39.0 (Date published: 2011-07-27)
• Russian OSD translation error is corrected.
• TV has no picture after start-up.
• TV does not react to remote control after wake-up from standby.
• Video delay (lipsync) observed through SCART and Component (Y Pb Pr) connection.
• Picture interference observed on digital cable (DVB-C) channels. (Only applicable to country,
Germany)
• TV goes to standby by itself after 2 hours. (Only applicable to country, Norway)
• Channels lost after switching between satellite channels. (Only applicable to K-models)

Check per model, the UK website provide the software at first, other language websites will follow soon.
EXAMPLE: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=37PFL7605H/12&slg=en&scy=GB

Alicia
07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
"No channels available" is gone after the upgrade to 140.39

Here too ! Finally. 40PFL8605H/12

NetTV is still horribly slow which makes user experience really bad.

Chrissie18
07-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I was quite happy with the 37 (moving from 34), but the NetTV is still horribly when trying to connect.
And after a couple of view without problems, this morning I had the first sound/picture drop via HDMI, so time to call this afternoon...

And indeed: yesterday I noticed some more flickering with the backlights during moving objects in dark scenes... Not too anoying, but still just that visible enough... :(

Erikrijnders
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I was quite happy with the 37 (moving from 34), but the NetTV is still horribly when trying to connect.
And after a couple of view without problems, this morning I had the first sound/picture drop via HDMI, so time to call this afternoon...

And indeed: yesterday I noticed some more flickering with the backlights during moving objects in dark scenes... Not too anoying, but still just that visible enough... :(

And you mentioned this to your dealer ??? or to Phlips service ??

petasis
08-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Just change the local dimming option from "best picture" to typical, and upgrade to 140.39.

raverke95
08-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Just change the local dimming option from "best picture" to typical, and upgrade to 140.39.

And local dimming gets almost perfect...

punschula
08-02-2011, 06:42 AM

Right, now its perfect. Thanx for this great hint......

petasis
08-02-2011, 09:03 AM

Right, now its perfect. Thanx for this great hint......

You can also check here, where there is an answer (brief though) from Philips what the settings for local dimming do:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1969-9705-What-are-the-various-local-dimming-settings-doing

Gerhard
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi,

I know that this topic (or similar ones) are wide-spread within this forum,
but is it possible to get a clear official statement?

The setup here consists of a 40PFL9705 bought in December and a Technisat
DigiCorder HD K2. The K2 is connected via HDMI to the 40PFL9705 (and as sound
backup via TOS-link to my av-receiver). The tv firmware is the latest (as of now
v0.140.39.0).

We still experience sound drops while watching tv or recorded stuff from the
DigiCorder, esp. when having 5.1 sound - as I said same problem like others
around here. Needless to say that there are no drops over the TOS-link.

The problem is (although read a lot of posts) that there is no real (official)
statement what to do. It seems that tweaking the firmware shifts the real
issues between some drops and more drops but didn't resolve the root
cause. So what to do? Call the support? Throw the tv away?

I can imagine that it is hard to admit that there are some hardware problems
that could not be worked around in software, but it's better to admit it than
to leave the customers more or less alone - we talk about a high price tv
not about a chop-suey one.

Any useful answer is highly appreciated.
TIA and best regards,
Gerhard

rollufje
08-02-2011, 01:19 PM
As I mentioned earlier (I think it was the 34 version):
When I do the following:
a. watch video via DLNA (maybe also via USB)
b. turn off the tv with remote without exiting the video

the last frame of the video still is on screen when turning on the TV the next day.
And sometimes I have to hard reset the TV to get back control over the TV.
I think the TV never goes into "real" standby.

3. DLNA issue:
I lose connection quite often when watching video from a lacie networkspace2.
When this happens the NAS isn't discovered anymore by the TV.
When I check on my BDP-5180 the NAS also is gone.

It seems to happen when my notebook is on. This is running WMP11. Could it be the TV (and the BR player) are "confused" by more DLNA sources on the network?

Anybody else experiencing the issues above? (40pfl8605)

Chrissie18
08-05-2011, 08:54 PM
And you mentioned this to your dealer ??? or to Phlips service ??

Sorry, still didn't call... Was a bit too busy.
But still planning as NetTV is now totally unreachable...

sokolum
08-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Installed the .39 version today and did some testing with 3D. The effect is a lot stronger now, items seem to come further out of the screen. Unfortunately the cross talk problem is a lot worse on my set! Dept, middle and out coming effects, on all these levels I experience the cross talk. With previous firmware versions the cross talk was only visible when something came out of screen, but in dept it was mostly gone.
Can some confirm this increase of cross talk?

I have 3D glasses and i am crying waterfalls.... not for happiness, but for the terrible experience ever.
I wont mention no more other problems i am struggling with (46fpl).

Leonos
08-08-2011, 09:02 AM
@sokolum, maybe you tested it when your TV set was just switched on (cold).
Try again when you have the set turned on for a couple of hours, this makes the screen warmer and the crosstalk will be much less (you can feel the screen being warm).

Adamo
08-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi to all,

I have a problem with my TV (32pfl9705H/12) and the last firmware (140.39) when I watch a video from a USB stick.
If I stop the video and than I turn off the TV (standby button by remote control) the TV switch off and than on again.
I have to press sandby button again to turn off it.

Sincerely,
Adamo

rollufje
08-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi to all,

I have a problem with my TV (32pfl9705H/12) and the last firmware (140.39) when I watch a video from a USB stick.
If I stop the video and than I turn off the TV (standby button by remote control) the TV switch off and than on again.
I have to press sandby button again to turn off it.

Sincerely,
Adamo

Your're not the only one. I posted the following on june 9th regarding FW 140.036
TV powers on after power off

Hi,

Some days ago I mentioned a problem regarding switching the TV off.

It happens every time when I do the following
1. I watch video via USB (via network not tested)
2. the video is playing
3. I switch the TV off with the remote.

The screen goes dark, the ambilight stays on. After 10-20 seconds the TV starts up again for no apparent reason.

Model: 40pfl8605
FW: 140.36

It seems it only happens when using the bult-in mediaplayer

Anyone else having this problem?

Toengel
08-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi,

I will check that on my TV...

Toengel@Alex

cderidder
08-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Thnx for the tip! On my set even with a warm screen 3D is terrible. The .37 was better, less 3D experience but better to watch. I assume it's a firmware issue. At this moment 3D is useless for me. I hope Philips will fix it very soon and comes with a version with the 3D effect of the .39 and less crosstalk like the .37 version.

@sokolum, maybe you tested it when your TV set was just switched on (cold).
Try again when you have the set turned on for a couple of hours, this makes the screen warmer and the crosstalk will be much less (you can feel the screen being warm).

Toengel
08-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi Adamo, hi rollufje,

I did test that: I played a movie from USB-HDD directly on the TV and pressed the standby button on the remote. The TV does shut down in the standard way. No reboot.

Toengel@Alex

Fernweh
08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Any news about my audio distortions from BDP9600 to PFL9705?

Adamo
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Hi Adamo, hi rollufje,

I did test that: I played a movie from USB-HDD directly on the TV and pressed the standby button on the remote. The TV does shut down in the standard way. No reboot.

Toengel@Alex

Hi Toengel,

have you tried to play a movie using a USB stick (not an hdd)?

I use USB port #1 (connected before power on the TV)

Generally, this is the sequence:
- power on the TV
- switch to USB (by menu)
- play a movie (.avi)
- at the end of the movie, back into the root of the USB stick
- press stand by button (on the remote)
- the TV shut down
- 10-15 seconds, the TV power on again

Adamo

Toengel
08-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi,

I can try your procedure...

Toengel@Alex

rollufje
08-09-2011, 09:46 AM
I think I'm going to check again also.
I cant'remember if it happens only with USB or DLNA also.
I only remember it happens a lot (and with all firmwares I used)

Leonos
08-09-2011, 09:46 AM
It's maybe good news that the 3D effect becomes better with .39, but i have my doubts if this can affected by firmware. Can you who experience this effect, try to flash back to .37 and confirm that the effect with .37 is indeed less.
The only thing I can think of is that the frames for left and right are not aligned proper on eachother causing a better popout effect but creating horrible ghosting.
In this case you should always have some popout effect.

rollufje
08-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi Toengel,

have you tried to play a movie using a USB stick (not an hdd)?

I use USB port #1 (connected before power on the TV)

Generally, this is the sequence:
- power on the TV
- switch to USB (by menu)
- play a movie (.avi)
- at the end of the movie, back into the root of the USB stick
- press stand by button (on the remote)
- the TV shut down
- 10-15 seconds, the TV power on again

Adamo

It just happened here when I shut down the TV while watching an AVI via DLNA...

Chrissie18
08-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Sorry, still didn't call... Was a bit too busy.
But still planning as NetTV is now totally unreachable...

So, finally I found the time to call support yesterday.
They couldn't help me with the NetTV (it is a known problem with some people) and I will be contacted as soon as there is a solution...

Also mentioned the sound/picture drop when watching via HDMI and I got the suggestion to reinstall the latest firmware, while all connections are disconnected from the TV (and CAM removed).
Hadn't tried that before, so what the heck, tried it yesterday.
As we usually watch - without any problems - using the internal DVB-C tuner, it will take a while until I can deffinitely say if it worked (sunday it will record Fringe again, so next week?!)

At least it is now officially added to my 'dosier', for guarantee purposses...

Chrissie18
08-16-2011, 09:04 PM
(...)

Also mentioned the sound/picture drop when watching via HDMI and I got the suggestion to reinstall the latest firmware, while all connections are disconnected from the TV (and CAM removed).
Hadn't tried that before, so what the heck, tried it yesterday.
As we usually watch - without any problems - using the internal DVB-C tuner, it will take a while until I can deffinitely say if it worked (sunday it will record Fringe again, so next week?!)
(...)

Well, just the second time watching via HDMI and had the first video/sound blackout again...

Additionally, the Dynamic Backlighing just when berserk.
with some scenes the right corner started flickering dark and light.
Even when I turned off the MediaCenter (so te 'no signal' notice) I saw a bright band running across the right side. Also when entering the Home and exiting it (which should leave a completely black screen for some seconds before the no signal)

I havent noticed this with version 34 (my previous firmware). Any other persons noticed this?
(Did see a movie on the dutch forum, but it is inaccessable).

Finally, I got called today by the Tech center hired by philips support, only to be told that the problem is known and that I'm being called when the solution is definately: 1 till 3 weeks, depending on the internal testing results.
Oh well, at least it is descent to let people call to give the news in person...

petasis
08-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Philips,
Is it possible to play a video with no audio track with the internal player?

Can this be enabled in a next firmware release?

Toengel
08-20-2011, 11:24 AM
He Petasis,

can you please post a small test video - I'd like to try...

Toengel@Alex

jaby
08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi

i have installed the .39 version but i dont like,
Where can i get the .34 version ?
I have a 8605 TV

Regards and thanks
Jaby

tolgaakcan
08-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Philips don't support downgrade FW. so they don't have it available and not guaranty whether it works afterwards...

Chrissie18
08-24-2011, 01:42 PM
See http://philips.samipupu.com/9xx5.html

Additionally, from version 34 I myself keep all firmware which I was content with (so that's versions 25 till 34 ;) )

jaby
08-26-2011, 10:59 AM
See http://philips.samipupu.com/9xx5.html

Additionally, from version 34 I myself keep all firmware which I was content with (so that's versions 25 till 34 ;) )

Hi:

And the 9xx5 is compatible with the 8605 ?

Regards and Thanks
Jaby

Chrissie18
08-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi:

And the 9xx5 is compatible with the 8605 ?

Regards and Thanks
Jaby

Ah... didn't noticed the modelnumber.
I actually do not know. Specially as that site explicitly warns about other models.
But Philips themselves mention both series in one overview issue (see Software main topic: 'Software overview for 8xx5 and 9xx5 series (2010 models)')..

@Toengel: do you know that?

Otherwise what you could also do as a verification: take the latest upgrade (40) for the 9705 and 8605 and compare both .upg files. If those as the same, you can expect the previous versions to also be the same... (right?)