PDA

View Full Version : Eco mode??

patrick
08-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Hello,

I've read in a duch forum (tweakers), that you can enable a eco modus when pressing the green button.
With this button, the TV screen will be black and is tha'ts very usefull when listening to satellite radio or radio time true NetTV.

The only thing is, it doesn't work with my tv!
So, I was wondering, is this really working on an 9704 tv and if so, what are i doing wrong?

Philips
08-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Dear Patrick,

Regrettably, your model does not support this ECO mode.
It is a feature of our latest models, see e.g. here (http://www.philips.nl/c/televisie/9000-led-serie-40-inch-1080p-full-hd-digitale-tv-40pfl9705h_12/prd/nl/?t=specifications).

patrick
08-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Then I suppose, that this function can't be enabled wih a firmware update?
am I correct?

Philips
10-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Then I suppose, that this function can't be enabled wih a firmware update?
am I correct?

You are correct. This will/can not be implemented in models before the 2010 range (2010= xxPFLxxx5x/xx).

Toengel
10-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi,

however, the eco mode only works in tv-mode - not in the Home screen and not in Net TV (very bad if you only want to listen to music apps) - I think that should be updated in a next version of the firmware.

Regards,

Toengel@Alex

pistoiaa
10-29-2010, 02:51 PM
It's true, Toengel, but there exists a workaround for that: for example, when I am listening some music on Net TV, if I open the AmbiLight options and then click on the green button, then the eco mode is available on my 37PFL7605, or at least it was some FW ago.

bas
12-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I also use this eco mode frequently when i listen to the radio via the tv. Why is the is option not enabled for netv? Can this be accomplished via a firmware upgrade?

tv model: 37PFL7675H/12

DellUser
12-03-2010, 11:50 AM
This is how you do it (2010 TV only):

Select any music service in Net TV and let the music play.
Press the ambilight button (the 3 bars button)
Press OK
Press the green button
Select Mute Screen
Press OK

Music plays on, TV screen is dark.

Your TV is a digital Internet radio as well!

pistoiaa
12-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I confirm that DellUser's method works, as I already suggested on my previous post

patrick
12-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Still it's strange that there can't be created a kind of black webpage for the 2009 models.

When i've started a stream in radiotime, I can select other pages in this app while the music stays on.
With this option, it must be possible to create a link to a black page within radiotime. when you want to go back, you can use the return button.

Is this possible and can Philips advise this to the makers of radiotime?

Philips
12-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Still it's strange that there can't be created a kind of black webpage for the 2009 models.
When i've started a stream in radiotime, I can select other pages in this app while the music stays on.
With this option, it must be possible to create a link to a black page within radiotime. when you want to go back, you can use the return button.Is this possible and can Philips advise this to the makers of radiotime?

Dear Patrick,
With a black page within the Radiotime application you still don't have an ECO mode, as the backlight still would be "on" (therefore it is better to allow a picture while listening to Radiotime).
The 2009 TV software does not have this ECO-mode feature and it will also not be implemented in the future.