PDA

View Full Version : Philips 42PFL7606K/02

dorenthe
07-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Hello,
I read a few posts here,
but I have to ask you guys is the TV 42PFL7606K/02 capable to play 3D MKV files from a Nvidia 3D Vision Notebook via POWER DVD and is the TV playing 3D Games via the PS3 without any issues?
thx in advance

sngbcn
07-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Dorenthe,

1. 3D MKV from notebook + powerDVD: Yes you just have to make sure the 3D format is set to side by side or top/buttom. Then with the TV you can manually activate the 3D processing.

2. Haven't heard about any issues with Philips TV since the PS3 sw was upgraded in December 2010. Just make sure you do a reset of the PS3 or re-run the display settings to make sure the PS3 detects the 3D capabilities of the TV.

Regards,

dorenthe
07-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi Dorenthe,

1. 3D MKV from notebook + powerDVD: Yes you just have to make sure the 3D format is set to side by side or top/buttom. Then with the TV you can manually activate the 3D processing.

2. Haven't heard about any issues with Philips TV since the PS3 sw was upgraded in December 2010. Just make sure you do a reset of the PS3 or re-run the display settings to make sure the PS3 detects the 3D capabilities of the TV.

Regards,

Alright thx

for Nvidia I could use the Nvidia glasses and for the PS3 i need the Philips 3D upgrade Kit, right?

Toengel
07-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi,

no - you always need the Philips glasses if you watch 3D content on your Philips TV... In your case you need the PTA416 glasses...

Toengel@Alex

dorenthe
07-21-2011, 09:48 AM
owwwwk, so I don't need my Nvidia anymore.

Is the quality the same as with the Nvidia 3d Vision?!

I have a Beamer Acer 5360 and Nvidia 3D Vision...

Philips - Thomas
07-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi

Nvidia 3D Vision will not! work straight away.
Nvidia Vision is only to be used together with a 120Hz (certified) LCD, which the TV is not.
You can connect the PC to the TV and you might get a Picture but

you need the Nvidia glasses
you might get a 3D "Feeling" but with lots of Flickering

See:
http://www.nvidia.de/object/3d-vision-requirements-de.html

Afterall, we can not promise that this works at all.

There is a Software available from Nvidia which converts the Videos Signal from the Graphics Card in a way, the TV will detect the Card like an BD Player. So 3D is no problem and works fine.

See:
http://www.nvidia.de/object/3dtv-play-de.html

If you use this Software, you can also use the Philips Glasses.

Regards
Thomas

petasis
07-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I think there is no TV (from any brand) that can work with Nvidia 3D vision. The Nvidia 3D solution is something that only Nvidia has (its not a standard), and it works on 120 Hz, sending the images for each eye one after the other (an not simultaneously as frame packing in HDMI 3D requires).
This simply means different hardware...

But if your card supports HDMI 1.4a, (i.e. 430 or newer), then perhaps there is a way to use the standard HDMI 3D protocol in games.

dorenthe
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
I think there is no TV (from any brand) that can work with Nvidia 3D vision. The Nvidia 3D solution is something that only Nvidia has (its not a standard), and it works on 120 Hz, sending the images for each eye one after the other (an not simultaneously as frame packing in HDMI 3D requires).
This simply means different hardware...

But if your card supports HDMI 1.4a, (i.e. 430 or newer), then perhaps there is a way to use the standard HDMI 3D protocol in games.

So I want to buy the 40PFL9705K one with the Philips PTA02 3D Glasses, are there any better glasses for the TV?

I heard about issues about the 3D effect and the ambilight, can I watch 3D Movies with ambilight without any issues?

Kind Regards
Nico