PDA

View Full Version : 42pfl7606 - not all jpg files are viewed

wis
07-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with viewing some jpg files, both via USB and DLNA. What could be causing this?
An example, not viewed file: http://www.wizart.cad.pl/img/IMG_0383.jpg
--
Regards

Philips - Thomas
07-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi

Picture looks okay but the Resolution (800x600) in comparison with the Exif Data says that you have somehow edited the Picture with a Software.
This causes the Issue.

If you open this Picture on the PC with "Windows Scan and Fax" Viewer and simply save the File again to an USB Stick, the Picture will be shown.

Regards
Thomas

wis
07-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Picture looks okay but the Resolution (800x600) in comparison with the Exif Data says that you have somehow edited the Picture with a Software.
This causes the Issue.

If you open this Picture on the PC with "Windows Scan and Fax" Viewer and simply save the File again to an USB Stick, the Picture will be shown.

Yes, I noticed that it helps to save the file again. But I have dozens of such files. If the file is valid, on the PC display correctly, that it would be nice to television too.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Regards.

a_Tom
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
so which software do you use to edit the images?
it is known that f.e. adobe software will corrupt the exif data somehow and the files will not be shown

Kronos27
07-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Same Problem here, on 37PFL7605H.
Shows me the names of the pictures, but is unable to show these pictures.
The workaround by Thomas actually works!

so I guess we have the reason, but a fix for this would be great.
opening and saving a few thousand pictures is not really a great solution.

I dont mess with the pictures, even fresh from the camera, the pics are not valid for the TV.
any Ideas?

Toengel
07-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi,

I think, some picture viewers have the ability for batch processing - so you can "update" all of your pictures...

Toengel@Alex

Kronos27
07-26-2011, 10:22 PM
that would be an excellent idea. Only problem is - I do not really know what program should be used, I dont even know what should be changed or repaired.
Up til now I never knew anything was wrong with the pictures...basically only the phillips TV has a problem with them.

The windows viewer is not capable of any batch processing.
If the problem is only the messed up Exif data, I might be able to find a program on the internet....

a_Tom
07-27-2011, 07:20 AM
just try to use irfanview (http://www.irfanview.de/) it has batch processing.
basicly you need to do nothing more than to open up your photos and via batch processing, save them.
no changes within the software. then try to open the new-saved pictures on your TV

Kronos27
07-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the link, I am already using irfan view.
Manually opening and resaving a few pictures (with irfan view) did not do it.

Strangely, opening a picture with windows board tools und coying it (creating a duplicate file) did do the trick.
What is even more puzzling - after doing this not only the newly created picture was viewable by TV but also all the other "non-treated" pictures in the same folder. Any other folder --> unable to view.

Kronos27
07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
...and it wasnt the TV after all.
Pictures come from a NAS which has the option sending smaller sized pictures to safe space.
Apparantly that didnt cause any problems when viewing the pictures with any other source, but it did not sit well with the philips TV.

thanks for the attention.

Philips - Thomas
07-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi Kronos27,

Great that it works. :)
Can you maybe share the type of the NAS and the option you have changed.

Thanks
Thomas

Jomsp
07-28-2011, 08:15 AM
In my case, when displaying thumbnail images in a folder, the images appear crossed out eight in eight (image 8, image 16, image 24, etc.). If I remove on the PC the images that was shown crossed out, then other different images appear strikeout whose position is the image 8, the image 16, the image 24, etc...
No image can display thumbnails crossed if direct selection, but if I select an image without cross, sequentially reproduce smooth pictures even all that appeared crossed in thumbnails.

Exif improperly manipulated? o Philips Viewer communicates with Windows Media Server Incorrectly?.

I await your comments.

Regards

Kronos27
07-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Synology DS 211j
Changed option in the Multimedia Server settings:
"Send smaller sized pictures"

Will edit my post with the exact messages this evening.

Philips - Thomas
07-28-2011, 11:02 AM
In my case, when displaying thumbnail images in a folder, the images appear crossed out eight in eight (image 8, image 16, image 24, etc.). If I remove on the PC the images that was shown crossed out, then other different images appear strikeout whose position is the image 8, the image 16, the image 24, etc...
No image can display thumbnails crossed if direct selection, but if I select an image without cross, sequentially reproduce smooth pictures even all that appeared crossed in thumbnails.

Exif improperly manipulated? o Philips Viewer communicates with Windows Media Server Incorrectly?.

I await your comments.

Regards

Hi

Can you please provide more detailes to that.
(TV, Software, Connection, MediaServer...)
What happens if you use the same Pictures/Folders via USB directly to the TV?

Thanks
Thomas

Jomsp
07-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi

Can you please provide more detailes to that.
(TV, Software, Connection, MediaServer...)
What happens if you use the same Pictures/Folders via USB directly to the TV?

Thanks
Thomas

Hi,

TV: 40pfl8605H
Software: I donīt know now, but it is the last stable firmware (update internet).
Connection:TV-Browse PC (wire ethernet) <> Router <> PC (wifi)
MediaServer: Windows Media Server 11

Via USB directly to the TV: Itīs not possible in this moment.

Thanks

Philips - Thomas
07-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi Jomsp,

If you say that this happens always on the 8th, 16. or 24. position, I would say that this is independed from the content itself.
So now it is very important to check if it is the Server(PC) or the Client(TV).
So please test it via USB and also, install an alternate UPnP Server on the PC:
In this case i would recommend fuppes (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuppes/files/fuppes/SVN-660/). It is an easy to use server, after installation, just share the folder with the images and check if this behavior is still present or not.

Thanks
Thomas

Jomsp
07-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Hi Jomsp,

If you say that this happens always on the 8th, 16. or 24. position, I would say that this is independed from the content itself.
So now it is very important to check if it is the Server(PC) or the Client(TV).
So please test it via USB and also, install an alternate UPnP Server on the PC:
In this case i would recommend fuppes (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuppes/files/fuppes/SVN-660/). It is an easy to use server, after installation, just share the folder with the images and check if this behavior is still present or not.

Thanks
Thomas

Hi Philips - Thomas,

I found that the problem occurs with any folder that has subfolders and images. If I delete the subfolders the problem does not occur.

I guess we could say that this is a bug in the player from the TV.
On each screen of the TV shows eight "pictures" (elements). If we include a subfolder with the images appear crossed out in the eighth image thumbnails and multiples of eight(16, 24, 32, etc) would be the first element of the next "page" in position 9, 17, 25, 33 etc.. If we include two subfolders appear crossed two images with the same logical sequence, if we include three subfolders appear crossed three images, and so on if we include more subfolders. Crossed many images appear in groups of eight as the number of subfolders are included.

Having clarified in which cases the bug occurs, I suppose it's easily corrected. No?

We look forward to your communication.

Regards

Pd. I do not think that on Windows there is a media server that has less bugs than Windows Media Server. If there is a bug, by default, Windows Media Sever "never" be the problem... right?

Philips - Thomas
07-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi,

for DLNA and UPnP the TV (or any other compatible Device) only shows whats delivered by the Server.
Therefore im sorry but i can not agree to your Point at this Stage.
Even as it is working now in the way you have described, it is not said that this is related to the TV.
Please dont get me wrong. If at the End we can say that it is the TV, we will get into it but at this moment this is still the Question.
To see where the Issue comes from i have to repeat, check via USB and via an alternate Server with Folders and Subfolders.

Thanks
Thomas

Jomsp
07-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Iīm sorry but i can not agree to your point at this stage.
Please dont get me wrong, but:

The clarity of my test is more than enough for Philips to take good note at least, considering that there are many possibility that the problem is with the player from the TV. Windows Media Server is a DMS the most widely used by customers of Philips, DLNA 1.5 certified.

If it works via USB will not serve to prove anything, since in this case is the communication between Windows Media Server and Player Philips TV via DLNA.

Check with fuppes is not a conclusive test because it is not even a DLNA certified.

In any case, think that most customers are users of Windows Media Server and this is supported by one of the largest software companies in the world.

With all due respect, what more reason do not need to take my test as fairly conclusive?.

Thanks

a_Tom
07-29-2011, 09:04 AM
o_O
what exactly did you "test" as you call it?
you say "it doesnt work with wmp, has to be the tv"...

im sorry to say but even if microsoft is THE largest software company doenst mean that they do everything right... Windows is the best example ;)

short note, i could test your setting with fuppes, twonky and Tversity, works fine on all 3 servers with my tv...

Jomsp
07-29-2011, 09:51 AM
o_O
what exactly did you "test" as you call it?
you say "it doesnt work with wmp, has to be the tv"...

im sorry to say but even if microsoft is THE largest software company doenst mean that they do everything right... Windows is the best example ;)

short note, i could test your setting with fuppes, twonky and Tversity, works fine on all 3 servers with my tv...
No comments.

I hope the comments of Philips - Thomas ... someone responsible … Who are you in the world of software? ... why not learn to read better?... Grows a little