PDA

View Full Version : Myremote, keyboard function missing for BDP5200 (and touchpad)

RichardEhv
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
In my opinion, the biggest advantage of the My remote app is that you can type on the keyboard on your mobile.
This for the internet function on your tv/bluray
On the TV 40PLF8605, this is working (when I connect it to the internet).

For the bluray player BDP5200, there is no keyboard function.
Can this be added?

Also a touchpad function would be nice.
(Like the Gmote app for PC's)

DerShortyy
07-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi,
just to find out on which devices the app runs without failure, which smartphone do you use/have?
Best regards

RichardEhv
07-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi,
just to find out on which devices the app runs without failure, which smartphone do you use/have?
Best regards

The app runs on my HTC Desire S.

Toengel
07-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi,

did you installed the latest firmware updates for bothe the BDP and MyRemote?

Toengel@Alex

Philips
07-28-2011, 07:41 AM
In my opinion, the biggest advantage of the My remote app is that you can type on the keyboard on your mobile.
This for the internet function on your tv/bluray
On the TV 40PLF8605, this is working (when I connect it to the internet).

For the bluray player BDP5200, there is no keyboard function.
Can this be added?

Also a touchpad function would be nice.
(Like the Gmote app for PC's)

Hi all,

Reply from development: "We are working on this via firmware upgrades of our BDP and HTS product ranges in the coming months".

So, good news, but you have to be patient for a while.

Regards,
JuAn

RichardEhv
07-28-2011, 10:12 AM
That's good news :)
Thank you for the response.

(PS: yes, I updates both devices (last two weeks) with the
latest firmware updates.)

GrandiJoos
11-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if this issue has been resolved?
I'm thinking of purchasing a BDP5200 and the keyboard function via my smartphone (Galaxy S) is one of the key features!

-GrandiJoos

giandena
11-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi, excuse me for my bad English. I have installed "my remote" on my Ideos and think it's a great app. Only a doubt, on my new 47PFL7696M, when I try to write using the smatphone keyboard to search for something in Youtube, if I type, for example, "dog" on TV is showed the numeric carachter of the single letters composing the word. Where I wrong ?

DerShortyy
11-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi, excuse me for my bad English. I have installed "my remote" on my Ideos and think it's a great app. Only a doubt, on my new 47PFL7696M, when I try to write using the smatphone keyboard to search for something in Youtube, if I type, for example, "dog" on TV is showed the numeric carachter of the single letters composing the word. Where I wrong ?

Hi,
this is a normal behaviour as long as the word you are typing is spelled right at the end. There might be some apps where the keyboard of the myremote app doesn´t type the right letters, there you can only see ciphers. I´m not sure if "Philips" is aware of this Bug.

GrandiJoos
11-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if this issue has been resolved?
I'm thinking of purchasing a BDP5200 and the keyboard function via my smartphone (Galaxy S) is one of the key features!

-GrandiJoos

To give an answer to my own question: not yet.

A couple of days ago I bought a BPD5200/12. With my Galaxy S (I9000) I do not get a keyboard function. I would really love this!!!
Could anyone give an indication how long it would take until this function becomes available? A couple of months since July have passed...