PDA

View Full Version : How to make TV watching default when swithing on

jdgraaf
07-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi,

I have a question. When I power on my tv the Flatscreen (46PFL7655H/12) always switches to HMDI1 but i have nothing attached the either of the HDMI inputs and switch of when wachting TV.

I only have the Cable connected and the CI+ module from our cable provider Ziggo.

Can the TV be set to either remember the last watched input and power on on that input of can a default input be set when switching on?

Thanks,

Jan

Toengel
07-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi,

thats strange - this should be the standard behaviour that the TV remembers the last input. Is the latest firmware installed (140.39)?

Toengel@Alex

jdgraaf
07-30-2011, 02:12 PM
140.037 is installed.

I will download then 140.039 and see if this fixes the problem.

JethroUK
07-31-2011, 06:42 AM
Mine always defaults to scart socket/DVD player when i switch on even though i rarely use it and always use HDMI 1 / Tivo

Updated my software on day one but made no difference

In my case I have to leave DVD/scart unplugged & then the TV defaults to HDMI/Tivo as it should

Toengel
07-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,

it could also a different reason. If you have enabled EasyLink and both devices are one, the HDMI-device force the TV to switch to the HDMI source. With SCART sources it is similar. One SCART pin sends a signal to switch the source...

Toengel@Alex

jdgraaf
08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Despite the latest update no luck. The TV still turns on to HDMI1 while nothing else but cable is connected en CI+ module is installed.

What i did noticed is that when i turn off the tv with the switch on the bottom, and then turn it on again. The the TV switches on to TV. When I use the remote and it has the HDMI as default.

Jan

Philips - Thomas
08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi jdgraaf,

Do you get any Messages on the HDMI input while powering on the TV?
Please also delete all Devices in the Home menu which have been added there and try it again.
It should not make any difference but, ist this also happenening while not using the CI Module?

Regards
Thomas

jdgraaf
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi Thomas,

The HDMI shows a black screen, and after a few seconds it shows the message no video signal.

Removing al devices i have already tried. Also whith no additional devices at al it still behaves the sanme. Without CI+ module i haven't tried yet.

One thing is that when i switch to TV the CI+ modules starts the authentication. So when I turn on it always authenticates which takes a few seconds.

Jan

petasis
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi,

it could also a different reason. If you have enabled EasyLink and both devices are one, the HDMI-device force the TV to switch to the HDMI source. With SCART sources it is similar. One SCART pin sends a signal to switch the source...

Toengel@Alex

I also think you should disable Easylink and try again.
Regarding SCART, there is nothing you can do, either than removing the scart cable from the TV, or remove power from the external device.

SCART has a dedicated pin (pin 8) that instructs the TV to open, and probably the TV is doing just that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART#Status_and_aspect_ratio_.28slow_switching.29

Toengel
08-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi,

some scart cable can be opened easily. So you could try to "remove" pin 8...

Toengel@Alex