PDA

View Full Version : PFL 7515 - Playing .VOB via DLNA

mastaudig
08-01-2011, 06:13 AM
Hello,

i have a pfl7515 and experienced, that this modes doesn't play .VOB files. This means that language and subtitle settings are not available - what is quite annoying. Is there a chance to teach the tv to do this, e.g. by installing an alternative mediaplayer?

Greetings an thanks,
Martin

a_Tom
08-01-2011, 06:51 AM
can you playback this files via usb?

mastaudig
08-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Hello again,

I'm sorry, I mixed things up a little bit yesterday. I use twonky-media 4.4.6 which is quite old, but it came with my QNAP NAS. Actually the media server streams .vob files (which seems to be the same as mpeg-2 format), but the inforamtion about audiostreams and subtitle locations is stored in a file of type .ifo.
As I have some VIDEO_TS folders on HDD which come with the file structure of a DVD, it would be nice to use this .ifo files and switch between diffrent audiostreams or use the subtitles, but the .vob files are allways played with the default audiostream without subtitles and I don't have a chance to change this. When I copy the files to a USB-Stick, it's the same. What I would like to know is, if there is a chance to play back DVD-backups with full functionality.

Thanks,
Martin

a_Tom
08-05-2011, 06:37 AM
dont think that there is a way to playback dvds with full features without having a dvd or a Blu Ray Player....

mastaudig
08-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi a_Tom,

I knew, that I would get an answer like this. Thanks anyways!

Greetings,
Martin

sebibada
08-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum.
I was looking around, seeking for answers about the problem that Marin posted, and I found this one.
Unfortunately I don't understand the meaning of our reply, would you be so kind to explaing it to me?

I'd be very eager to use my tv (40 pfl 7610) to play vob file (alias dvd on a NAS Qnap ts-210 through twonly media server) to my son but I can't set audiostream and even subtitles.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastiano

Mark
08-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi Sebastiano,
As I understand it, it's not possible to play .VOB files on the TV.

greetings mark