View Full Version : Speaker setup HTS9520
08-01-2011, 11:34 AM
in the user manual of the HTS9520 speaker setup is described as:
Speaker Setup] : Sets the volume level and distance of each speaker to obtain the best possible surround sound based on your room setup.
Which distance is meant here from speaker to what point in the room?
08-02-2011, 01:31 AM
So this is the tips I found from Philips:
1. Place your speakers equal distance from each other and from the listening area, about 2 to 3 meters apart, roughly in the shape of an equilateral triangle. This improves the sound in the center of the room, expanding the stereo width of music and the surround sound experience for movies.
2. Place your speakers in line with your ears. Our ears are especially sensitive to high frequencies, so sounds produced at ear level will let you hear more detail.
3. Try to place the speakers at least 50 centimeters away from the walls. This lets the sound spread through your space for a room-filling sound experience.
4. The subwoofer can be placed anywhere: in the corner of the room, or closer to your TV, as long as it’s at least 1 meter away from the main unit. This prevents the bass vibrations from interfering with the disc reader.
5. Leave about 10 centimeters clearance between the subwoofer and the wall for the best bass performance. This gap allows for sound to carry with the airflow.
6. Obsessed with replicating the ‘live’ experience? Then place your subwoofer on the right side of your TV and Sound Hub centre unit – the bass and brass section of an orchestra are traditionally located on that side.
Great sound also depends on your home environment. A room with curtains and carpet helps to dampen the noise reflections for more authentic sound. Speakers and subwoofers out in the open also produce better sound – so avoid placing them in an enclosed shelf and cupboard space.
08-02-2011, 01:34 AM
And here is a tutorial: (better to open it with IE)
Please be reminded that there is a mistake in this tutorial, the "main unit" to be placed 16CM under the TV, actually means the "centre speaker unit" placed 16CM under the TV...
Refer to this:http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1995-HTS-5220.-Positioning-the-speakers
Philips - Cassandra
08-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Great Tips Kwinnie!
vgerwen did this help to resolve your question? Let us know how you are getting on with your HTS sound system? :)
Philips - Katerina
08-27-2015, 01:42 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!
Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.
Philips – Katerina