PDA

View Full Version : Multi view

Joop
08-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Trying to remove the annoying "PHILIPS" announcement at start up I ran into the option "multi view" in the setup options, (AT YOUR OWN RISK!).

To my surprise this feature works on my 7605 although it is not a standard feature!!! It is very buggy and my shortcut to my game console (ext 2) got lost after enabling the Multi view, but it certainly proves that adding more features is indeed possible.

I disabled the multiview feature again, but thought it was too much fun not to tell. Unfortunately I did not yet succeeded in removing the "PHILIPS" announcement. Does anybody know how to do that?

Toengel
08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi,

I DID NOT RECOMMEND to test any options in the service menu - especially features which are not supposed to work on a TV. This can affect your TV extensively - and if something broke your guarantee is lost... and you might be not able to recover your TV!

Toengl@Alex

Joop
08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
That's exactly the reason I added the warning "At your own risk" although there is also a good reason to try anyway: because you can.. :p

I merely posted the message to show that new features can be added in a firmware update, which would be a nice gesture of Philips considering the large number of dis-satisfiers like the lack of subtitle support and adequate dlna compatibility.

Furthermore, there are some options in the service menu that would be great features for normal use. E.g. the option to save all your settings on a USB stick and reinstall them whenever needed.