PDA

View Full Version : MCM7 System has stopped reading CD's

mjmuk
08-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I have a Phillips MCM7 Micro Hi-Fi System. I has suddenly stopped reading CD's When the CD is inserted, it says 'Insert CD'
and when I eject the CD to try again, it then says 'Reading CD'.

Is there some sort of master reset I can perform.

Any other suggestions most welcome.

Regards

Mike McNamara

Toengel
08-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi,

try to remove the power plug for some minutes - it often helps... Don't know if there are also firmware updates available...

Toengel@Alex

mjmuk
08-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Tried that but no luck. Another symptom is when the CD is in, it won't eject and I try and turn systerm off, the power keeps coming!!!! Any other suggestions?

Mike

Hi,

try to remove the power plug for some minutes - it often helps... Don't know if there are also firmware updates available...

Toengel@Alex

mjmuk
08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Where would anyone suggest getting support for my Systems problems?

Toengel
08-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi,

it's time to call Philips service...

Toengel@Alex

kwinnie
08-08-2011, 08:29 AM
what s your exact model? :)

kwinnie
08-09-2011, 01:54 AM
if you have tried everything and your device is still within warranty... is that better to go for a repair?
knowing exactly what your model may help the Philips guy to get you support ...

Say MCM700 series and MCM7000 series are quite different right?

Philips - Cassandra
08-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi mjmuk,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your MCM7 that is no longer reading discs.

As you are unable to remove a disc inside of the hi-fi we would advise a hard reset by unplugging from the wall and disconnecting the power completely.

If leaving your hi-fi turned off and unplugged from the wall for at least 30 minutes does not help to resolve the issue or release the disc - it would be best to get in contact with our UK customer care team with the model number (this can be found at the back of the unit on a white sticker) who will be happy to help you.

Link to our contact page:

http://www.support.philips.com/support/contact/contact_page.jsp?userLanguage=en&userCountry=gb

Kind regards,
Cassandra