PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Fast Forward + Fast Rewind + Go to Time

AndresG
08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
When you're playing a media file on your Philips TV...you only have very very simple options for going back and ahead playing that media.. and they are sooooooo slow. Philips please, improve your media player wiht some of these options:
- Option to go to a precise point in time. Say for example: Go to '01h:23m:00s'. Waiting for your sloooooooooow forward is frustrating.
- Fast forward. Why is there only a simple velocity (maybe 2x)? This is useless, frustrating and time spending. Implement 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x!!!
- Fast rewind.. the same.

I know Philips media player is a very, very simple media player and it will never have advanced and sofisticated features, but for god's sake.. improving basic controls is a must.

Thanks.

karlo
08-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Yes, this is making me crazy, if I stop a movie by mistake then I almost have watch it again in realtime to get to the part I was on.

soprano
08-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm surprised that Philips has the courage to actually ship such a bad media player to customers. Even the cheapest of Samsung TVs have decent media player controls that allow resume and quickly FF en RW to any place in your mkv, avi etc. In addition, audio track selection and subtitle support is totally lacking!

So I hereby request a quick solution to the media player short comings such as the lack of decent time seek controls, audio track and subtitle support. This probably applies to all models from 2010/2011. I have the PFL6606 and its media player is useless. If I want to resume the next day, I have to watch the movie with a fast forward of probably 2x normal speed. I can't go faster much less select a time to start from.

Please improve the media player as quickly as possible with the next firmware updates of all models that are affected by this bad media player.